method to calibrate lens with X5S
7262 5 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8924 ft
France

Hello, I have the inspire 2 with the X5S and I unsuccessfully tried to calibrate the focus of my lenses (12 mm olympus - 12-42 mm pancack olympus - 45 mm olympus).
DJI gives no precise and effective method to do this. To believe they have not solved the problem. It's a frustration not to be able to adjust the sharpness correctly with equipment as expensive ... Would someone have the quick fix!
2017-9-3
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5989180 ft
United Kingdom

Lens 'calibration' isn't what you think it is. It is simply a way to set what is effectively an infinity point for Dji Go to use when you select manual focus. It needs to know an infinity focus point because many mft lenses can focus beyond infinity. Dji Go uses the setting stored from 'calibration' to enable fast focus racking to the infinity point when you touch the infinity symbol when the manual focus wheel is showing in the DJI Go app.

On the X5 and X5S, Lens calibration has nothing to do with focus accuracy or adjusting focus accuracy. It is not the same as the micro focus adjustment features available on many DSLR cameras.
2017-9-3
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I use a large cell tower that is about 500 feet away from me as my infinity target to set the focus up with.  It might take me a few presses before I get a good one.  Te I turn on focus peaking to high and see how it focuses on it with the red infinity lines around it, and redo the calibration if needed.

Then I took an old Air Force 1951 Image Resolution Test Chart ($40 from Edmund Scientific) that photographers used years ago for film and lens testing and set the lens up perpendicular to it, full frame, and checked the edges with the focus scroll wheel.  All four edge targets, as well as the center one, should pop into red simultaneously.  If they don't, either your lens elements are tilted or the sensor is (More likely scenario with DJI.).  You'll see one side more blurry than the other if it isn't aligned right, and lens or camera needs adjustment,
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Here is the tutorial video of Zenmuse X5 Lens Calibration and Shooting Tips for your reference. Do you mean all the footage are out of focus with the lens you mentioned? Please upload original footage to Dropbox for further assistance, thanks.
2017-9-3
Use props
adam79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 529810 ft
  • >>>
Australia

@phantom65 Did you sort your focusing issues out? My 45mm Olympus is similar....tap 'focus' or manual focus and the images aren't crisp once downloaded
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

adam79 Posted at 2017-11-26 18:41
@phantom65 Did you sort your focusing issues out? My 45mm Olympus is similar....tap 'focus' or manual focus and the images aren't crisp once downloaded

The lens will need to be calibrated when you change lens, please refer to my last post to calibrate the lens.
2017-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules