3614 61 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i had some people talk crap to me about flying my drone... very few people give me crap but some people get the courage and try to give me a lesson, usually ending with them giving up after i tell them to contact the FAA or the police or someone that will pretend to care...    if they came over with respect and willingness to understand, sure... ill happily work it out and not even bother them... sadly too many people think they are god almighty of legal system or something...

good news is while that has happened a few times, 90% of people are happy and dont care...  2.5% of people care but wont say anything.   other 2.5% want to pick a fight or be a badass or something and 5% of people are curious and cautious but open to understanding..

almost all of my flying is well out of Visual and i'm relying on POV but i keep my distance...    im pushing my boundaries more and more because i try to avoid possibilities of negative contact...    my GF suggested i should get a high vis vest and look like a contracted worker or something because generally speaking the more official people appear the less people bother/inquire.. good idea since not impersonating anyone, specially if i dont use logos or anything just get a high vis vest ..and specially not impersonating any government or enforcement officials...  since i mean...yea
2017-9-3
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

I can't help but feel it's a combination of a big ego and stunted rational/emotional thinking.  People like the guy in that video have inflated egos to think we're after pictures of them, of their house, their wives/girlfriends, their kids, even though no drone pilot wants anything to do with them.  Then instead of doing the mature thing and simply discussing their concerns, they have to go all "macho" or "alpha" and assert their sense of dominance by attempting to destroy the object of their derision.  It's no different than the kid who kills the insect the rest of the class is harmlessly observing on the playground.
2017-9-3
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You are in the wrong in this case as you did fly too close to the people. No excuse for the guy to throw a rock but if it had hit the drone, CASA would not be on your side. You can't fly closer than 30 metres in horizontal distance nor over the area where there are people.
2017-9-3
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

What an a**hole! Glad he didn't succeed in his stupidity.

However keep in mind that in most places separation is considered only as lateral separation, so it doesn't matter how high you are.

2017-9-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That was rather stupid in many ways. (throwing rocks).
Luckily nothing went wrong.
2017-9-4
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-9-3 08:56
I always sightsee with a pocket full of magnets.

Where would this world be without magnets?
2017-9-4
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-9-3 03:52
Honestly, don't fly over people,ever.....

That is the same point of view I have.
2017-9-4
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-9-3 05:52
Kids & many people are irritating but I don't throw rocks at them.

Dear Dirty Bird,

That was great. Kids are really annoying....Huhauhauha!
And so many adults either!!!
I prefer my drone!
2017-9-4
Use props
Realstinger
lvl.2
United States

this guy is a pos , you were steadily flying buy
2017-9-4
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
Canada

danybd Posted at 2017-9-3 12:59
Definitely some people are just stupid. I am sure the ones who claim privacy are sharing afterwards absolutely everything in facebook, instagram....

Yup !!!
2017-9-4
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

The guy's throwing technique seriously looks like my 8 year old daughter's. LOL glad there's no baseball down under.
2017-9-4
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-9-3 05:52
Kids & many people are irritating but I don't throw rocks at them.

Perfect response.   I've been quoting it all day!   LOL

Frankly, from what I can see, the OP didn't look too close to people, and wasn't this a public spot?  I still think the little **** went out of his way to attempt to attack the drone.  In reality, he may not have even had anything against drones.  He may have just been acting like a stupid kid.  Either way, I'm having a hard time blaming the OP here.  I don't see how his drone falling out of the sky at any point during that flight would have hurt anyone.

If I'm wrong, please educate me - because I probably would have made the same 'mistake'.
LP
2017-9-4
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

No offense to our female pilots on this forum, but

He throws like a girl.........
2017-9-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

NoSale Posted at 2017-9-4 09:40

Whahahahaha.
Maybe just making his point....
2017-9-4
Use props
M K ULTRA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5778337 ft
United States

He throws WORSE than a girl.  I've  seen woman throw underhand or overhand with better form, velocity  and accuracy.  I have a name for people like this guy, but that word would be totally and absolutely inappropriate is this or any other forum.
2017-9-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Ray_Dunakin Posted at 2017-9-3 11:51
Why is anyone surprised that there are people fear or hate drones? Sure, it's irrational and stupid, but so are people. And the news is full of stories that put drones in a bad light, demands for more restrictions, etc.

I don't know what news you listen to but I haven't seen a negative drone story for ages.  In fact, I'm seeing more and more positive drone stories.
2017-9-4
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

NoSale Posted at 2017-9-4 09:40

nah, no need to categorize and generalize, girls that do their own thing and dont let the social stigmas get to them are amazing!  my GF would have taken that drone down without trying very hard, she has a very nice throw...probably better than most of the men here, definitely throws a lot harder than i can.

2017-9-4
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-9-3 04:36
My rule of thumb is that if i think others can hear my drone then i move further away - hense i no longer fly in VLOS much anymore

well the just released the new DJI Mavic Low-Noise Quick-Release 8331 Propellers
2017-9-5
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-3 03:14
Drone flying is full of dangers: Angry people, angry birds, angry trees, angry winds, angry waters, angry dogs, angry insects, angry police agents ... what's next?

angry DJI firmware....
2017-9-5
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Now I know why we should avoid people and keep a distance of at least 100m according to German law. It's not because the drones, it's because that stupid people who shoot or throw rocks at it
2017-9-5
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Sebb Posted at 2017-9-5 03:08
angry DJI firmware....

I can very well imagine that drone pilots are among the most neurotic people on earth...
2017-9-5
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Swedrone Posted at 2017-9-5 03:01
well the just released the new DJI Mavic Low-Noise Quick-Release 8331 Propellers

:-) yes please ..
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules