P3P to the rescue
930 8 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Westside Osprey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

My P3P and Eds Mavic found a downed plane that was flown on 72mHz and control was lost. Apparently from interference on his freq. His battery checked out OK after it was retrieved, so be warned flying 72 mHz there may be problems in the area to the right of the soccer field as you approach the RR tracks, that is where control was lost.

]We later apparently had some problems in the same are on 433 and 900 mHz and 1.3Ghz on an FPV wing, but Ed managed to get back in control. I was fine on 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz.

MRs really are great at finding planes in 6' tall weeds. I could see Graham pass within 10' of the plane on the ground. We then placed both MRs directly above the downed plane and it was rescued.

Below is a video of the daring Rescue, I hear from the pilot/mechanic that the YouCanDo will be up in the air again soon.

2017-9-3
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

O.o Very nice m8 i like the video keep uploading this dank stuff ;) Have a good day
2017-9-3
Use props
Captain Whitefo
lvl.3

United States

Ah... so THATS WHY our local RC Plane club invites DJI quadcopters to their group.  hahaha.  Great video.
2017-9-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Osprey,

That reminds me of the time I rescued two university students looking for a rain gauge site in the Pali behind my house.  They were coming down the very steep mountain side but were on the wrong side of a 3 foot deep and 3 foot wide gully.  On the other side was open space and they could not see it.  Where they were was 1-2 inch bush trunks one foot apart.  Very dense.  They were suffering!  I called them on the cell phone and let them know of the wash-out.  They were so happy!

Mahalo for the memories!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-3
Use props
Bracco
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Nice video
2017-9-3
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Great rescue...
2017-9-3
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1482434 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gives a good perspective doesn't it. Maybe you need to drop a smoke marker
2017-9-4
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

sky wombat Posted at 2017-9-4 05:11
Gives a good perspective doesn't it. Maybe you need to drop a smoke marker

Then DJI has to add an extra channel on RC and AC to control a dropper for Smoke maker for day or light marker for night.
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Great job! Thanks for sharing with us!
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules