Setting's
935 5 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi All.. One thing I have noticed when I have been adjusting the 'settings' in the dji go 4 app. is that although I set in general settings the 'measurement unit' to 'imperial'.When I then look at the main controller setting's that it shows the 'return-to-home altitude' as (20-500M) !! Does this mean that say for example I where to fly over the highest tree around and 'note' what the hieght is in 'FEET' that I then need to convert this to METRES to the select the 'safe' hieght BEFORE I select the return-to-home button ?

2017-9-3
Use props
fansed16e07b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 963757 ft
United States

Yes, it would be nice if DJI would fix that
2017-9-3
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

download a converter  feet to meters and vice versa use it to help set up your heights I was pulling my hair out trying to get the unit to show the setting in imperial since that's what I selected for my standard of measurement gave up when I realized DJI obviously has issues in the programming. I set my RTH height to 61 meters that equates to 200feet most trees and structures where I fly are much lower then that so I'm safe that way I also set Max height to 121meters that equates to 400feet the maximum allowed by the FCC
2017-9-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha hgv trucker,

Yes, it is a pain, but you do learn the quick reference to multiply by 3!  But, overall they do convert to feet on the live feed screen.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-3
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Quick conversion: 1m approx. 3 feet .  Highest trees in this area are about 60 feet tall, divide by 3, gives me approximately 20 meters.  Safe RTH altitude would be 30 meters.  I get the highest obstacle by scanning around after take-off.  Once I can see the horizon above the obstacle(s) (typically trees), I know the minimal height by checking the altitude on the screen, I then set my RTH 10 to 20 meters above that.  I usually set 90 m. (approx. 180 feet) as my default RTH altitude, because to be honest, setting a safe RTH altitude on every flight is the last thing I would think of.
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the confusion. I have forwarded to our engineers and hopefully they will optimize it in the future.
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules