Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Wifi Name From Contoller For Spark Showing Up On Mobile
12Next >
16037 46 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wileantz
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

I purchased the fly more combo sometime last month and since then the Spark crashed and broke due to a fly away. So I re-ordered another one, but just the basic option of the Spark by itself. I've since tried to use the controller from the last fly more combo package with the new Spark but I'm not getting any wifi signal from the controller at all now. The controller's wifi name is just not showing up in the wifi list on my iPhone or my iPad at all. Is there any way to reset the controller? or are there any potential fixes for this issue?
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Wileantz, please try to reset your wifi of RC. Here is the link:
2017-9-3
Use props
Wileantz
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-3 19:46
Wileantz, please try to reset your wifi of RC. Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwAVJSbO8Ek

Thanks alot for your response to my problem. But the video you linked only shows how to reset the wi-fi of the DRONE alone, not the CONTROLLER. I need to reset the wi-fi of the CONTROLLER. The CONTROLLER'S wi-fi name is the one that isn't showing up. I see the name for the DRONE'S wifi. I DON'T see the name for the CONTROLLER'S wifi. And that is the problem.
2017-9-7
Use props
fans6c65823b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Having the same problem. All the advice I got was things that I told I done. Just doesn't help
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Wileantz Posted at 2017-9-7 10:34
Thanks alot for your response to my problem. But the video you linked only shows how to reset the wi-fi of the DRONE alone, not the CONTROLLER. I need to reset the wi-fi of the CONTROLLER. The CONTROLLER'S wi-fi name is the one that isn't showing up. I see the name for the DRONE'S wifi. I DON'T see the name for the CONTROLLER'S wifi. And that is the problem.

Please open your RC first and try to long press the power button for 9 seconds. Then you will hear 3 beeps and see if the wifi can show up. If not, please check if the indicator is flashing twice.
Since your spark crashed, maybe there is something wrong with your drone. If you fail to find the wifi all the time, please contact our support and start a case. Here is the link:
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

fans6c65823b Posted at 2017-9-7 15:59
Having the same problem. All the advice I got was things that I told I done. Just doesn't help

When did the problem exist? If you just failed updating your RC, you can try the method at 5#. Thanks.
2017-9-8
Use props
fans6c65823b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

it existed when i got the RC which was this monday. It happened right after i downloaded he latest update. I was thinking of sending the RC back to you guys for an analyst  however i felt there was no point in doing that so i just bought a new one which is coming soon. I was told to not update the RC when i get it...
2017-9-8
Use props
Wileantz
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-8 00:16
Please open your RC first and try to long press the power button for 9 seconds. Then you will hear 3 beeps and see if the wifi can show up. If not, please check if the indicator is flashing twice.
Since your spark crashed, maybe there is something wrong with your drone. If you fail to find the wifi all the time, please contact our support and start a case. Here is the link:

Sigh. Thanks for your response again. But if you READ my description of the situation you would see where I mentioned that I ORDERED/BOUGHT A NEW DRONE. I HAVE A NEW SPARK DRONE. I am using the RC (Remote Control) from the 1st Spark I bought. That 1st drone I bought was the FLY MORE COMBO. The 2nd drone I bought was ONLY THE SPARK BY ITSELF. I am using the RC that came with the 1st drone, the drone that crashed. BUT I am using that RC with the NEW SPARK I bought.
2017-9-8
Use props
Wileantz
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-8 00:16

I tried this, I still don't see the WIFI NAME. But the indicator IS FLASHING TWICE.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Wileantz Posted at 2017-9-8 21:38
I tried this, I still don't see the WIFI NAME. But the indicator IS FLASHING TWICE.

Please send it back for check, since you had tried the solutions. Here is the link:
2017-9-12
Use props
Marrek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39170 ft
Estonia

I have similar issue, the RC wif does not show on mobile device. How I got mine working:

1. Turn on RC
2. Turn on Spark
3. Wait til the red light turns green
4.Turn off the RC
5.Turn on the RC
6.Wait 10-15 sec and the wifi of the RC appears.

This problem is out of the box for me. So I havent crashed the drone or remote and I am not sure that the RC wifi resetting fixes the problem.

2017-9-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Every time I read about somehing like his, I have this 5.8 GHz wifi to phone in mind.
And would really recommend to check, if your device is "seeing" any of the used 5,8 GHz Chaneels (149 and higher)
Also I just would try an OTG cable (which is not fully tested by DJI and therefore not recommended from DJI!)
Only to establish a connection and to "look" with the DJI Go 4 into the connection settings, RC/AC, RC/Phone
Just my2c
2017-9-14
Use props
fans6c65823b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

did u update the RC?
2017-9-14
Use props
Jason Hummel
New
United States

Marrek Posted at 2017-9-14 00:40
I have similar issue, the RC wif does not show on mobile device. How I got mine working:

1. Turn on RC

This solution worked for me also. Kind of a pain to have to do every time.
2018-3-31
Use props
TheMarekito
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39170 ft
Estonia

Jason Hummel Posted at 2018-3-31 09:34
This solution worked for me also. Kind of a pain to have to do every time.

Yeah, it was to me. I got replacement unit so for me everything works!
(although I waited for replacement over 6 weeks)
2018-4-2
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Wileantz Posted at 2017-9-8 21:37
Sigh. Thanks for your response again. But if you READ my description of the situation you would see where I mentioned that I ORDERED/BOUGHT A NEW DRONE. I HAVE A NEW SPARK DRONE. I am using the RC (Remote Control) from the 1st Spark I bought. That 1st drone I bought was the FLY MORE COMBO. The 2nd drone I bought was ONLY THE SPARK BY ITSELF. I am using the RC that came with the 1st drone, the drone that crashed. BUT I am using that RC with the NEW SPARK I bought.

Actually the SPARK software has a connection problem with RC. This is a well known defect in SPARK.What you can do is to have trial and error solution.

The problem will go away but the irony is it will haunt you again after few flights especially while you are connected with the internet.
2018-4-2
Use props
sjd666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3785020 ft
United Kingdom

I keep on having this problem when I change the WiFi channel, the rc disappears from the WiFi list on my CS and I have to unlink and relink the roc to the spark. I’m getting peed off with it now.  Never had that problem back in the otg days.
2018-4-2
Use props
fans9d55ddaf
New
South Africa

I am having the same annoying problem. DJI must find a solution.
2018-4-14
Use props
Paul0110
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59085 ft
United Kingdom

Guys, I had the same problem since Jan/Feb after RC update. When switching from 5.4GHz to 2.4GHz and back... Tried with Android and iPhone8 phones. Notices that it's always on Android. iPhone sees Wifi with no issues for me. Restarting RC and Spark couple of times fixes the issue.
2018-4-15
Use props
djiuser_Z25h8LaCAA5s
lvl.1

Norway

fans6c65823b Posted at 2017-9-8 12:33
it existed when i got the RC which was this monday. It happened right after i downloaded he latest update. I was thinking of sending the RC back to you guys for an analyst  however i felt there was no point in doing that so i just bought a new one which is coming soon. I was told to not update the RC when i get it...

Update firmware controller failed today, now the controllers wifi can t be found. Reset controller does not help.
2018-7-19
Use props
CLIFF80
lvl.2

djiuser_Z25h8LaCAA5s Posted at 2018-7-19 09:30
Update firmware controller failed today, now the controllers wifi can t be found. Reset controller does not help.

I am having the same issue here. Update isn't complete and asked for send report to do. Afterwards, the RC ssid is no longer in wifi list..
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CLIFF80 Posted at 2018-7-21 20:27
I am having the same issue here. Update isn't complete and asked for send report to do. Afterwards, the RC ssid is no longer in wifi list..

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, did you try to check if the wi-fi of your RC will appear on a different device? If the issue will persist, I would suggest sending the RC to our facility for further evaluation. Please see the link below.

www.dji.com/service
2018-7-22
Use props
CLIFF80
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-22 12:52
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, did you try to check if the wi-fi of your RC will appear on a different device? If the issue will persist, I would suggest sending the RC to our facility for further evaluation. Please see the link below.

www.dji.com/service

unfortunately the RC SSID not detected with other device..
tested 3 different brand of phone... couples of computer..  

contacted local supplier and will send RC in for checking

2018-7-22
Use props
djiuser_KOM6jfaH35Vq
lvl.2

I am having this problem too. After an update of the RC completed it asked me to restart and now it is not projecting wifi. I can connect to spark itself but not the RC.
The RC is also not connecting to the spark. I have reset and did all the troubleshooting i could find on youtube and this website.. Nothing helps.
This is out of warranty and was bought separately from spark. What is my last resort? I dont want to spend more money just for a controller.
2018-7-23
Use props
AdamM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87408 ft
Poland

I made a chat with DJI Online. I spend 1,5h on typing and nothing...

Good advice: try to another phone DJI Support don't know what does mean flashing light on controller. Only service probably resolve this problem...But i need my drone!!
This is my last dji product.
2018-7-23
Use props
fansf72809a3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42605 ft

I did this update yesterday while I was traveling and I’m regretting it. My controller no longer works with my phone or tablet. The drone still work if I’m connecting directly to my device, and my drone connects to the controller. BUT my device doesn’t see the WiFi of my controller since the update. Tried to contact customer service, completely worthless. So now I’m stuck without my drone controller for the rest of my trip. I hope they solve this soon
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CLIFF80 Posted at 2018-7-22 20:33
unfortunately the RC SSID not detected with other device..
tested 3 different brand of phone... couples of computer..  

Sorry about that, unfortunately, since we exhausted the troubleshooting, it's better if we send the unit now to our repair facility. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KOM6jfaH35Vq Posted at 2018-7-23 00:33
I am having this problem too. After an update of the RC completed it asked me to restart and now it is not projecting wifi. I can connect to spark itself but not the RC.
The RC is also not connecting to the spark. I have reset and did all the troubleshooting i could find on youtube and this website.. Nothing helps.
This is out of warranty and was bought separately from spark. What is my last resort? I dont want to spend more money just for a controller.

Hi, sorry about what happen on your RC. I would suggest considering our recommended repair facility on our website if the product is out of the warranty.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2018-7-23
Use props
fansf72809a3
lvl.2

fansf72809a3 Posted at 2018-7-23 06:15
I did this update yesterday while I was traveling and I’m regretting it. My controller no longer works with my phone or tablet. The drone still work if I’m connecting directly to my device, and my drone connects to the controller. BUT my device doesn’t see the WiFi of my controller since the update. Tried to contact customer service, completely worthless. So now I’m stuck without my drone controller for the rest of my trip. I hope they solve this soon

Finally able to downgrade my rc firmware to fix DJI’s poor update. Only cost me day of my vacation
2018-7-23
Use props
fishneck
lvl.2

fansf72809a3 Posted at 2018-7-23 18:23
Finally able to downgrade my rc firmware to fix DJI’s poor update. Only cost me day of my vacation

Hi sir, how did you do downgrade? would you be able to share the process you did? Thank you
2018-7-23
Use props
Noble797
lvl.2

fishneck Posted at 2018-7-23 21:38
Hi sir, how did you do downgrade? would you be able to share the process you did? Thank you

There are two ways I’ve found. IF you can connect to it through the app, you can hold down the three lines in the upper right screen (see photo) for 10 seconds, then it will allow it. Keep in mind, only turn on the rc (not the drone). You can do the same thing with the drone if you’re connected to it.
2018-7-23
Use props
fishneck
lvl.2

Noble797 Posted at 2018-7-23 22:39
There are two ways I’ve found. IF you can connect to it through the app, you can hold down the three lines in the upper right screen (see photo) for 10 seconds, then it will allow it. Keep in mind, only turn on the rc (not the drone). You can do the same thing with the drone if you’re connected to it.[view_image]

Thank you for the response. Pressing the 3 lines for 10 secs does bring up firmware downgrade but Sadly i cannot connect my RC to my phone.  
*I have tried usb connection with the lastest version of the app and other lower version that people recommended were OTG cable works. But still no luck. I am using an official usb cable from mavic pro.
*I tried 3 different phones. Still no luck. (I dont have IOS tablet or phone)
*I pressed and hold pause+FN+C1 until it searches for the spark but it doesnt make the continues beeping sound like on the other videos. It just makes 1 quick beep.
* 9 seconds power button doesnt help too.
* I have drained the battery and recharged it.
*RC doesnt connect to spark too.
*RC just red blinks twice every second.

This only happened after I updated the spark RC and successfully completed and asked me to restart the RC. The same version as above. 01.00.600.

Please if anyone else have a suggestion let me know.
2018-7-24
Use props
AdamM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87408 ft
Poland

I do the same. Still flashing LED. Its in bootloop. Software is based on OpenWRT operating system and AR92xx Wi-Fi chip. System doesn't load a Wi-Fi driver and USB driver. This is no soultion. Only send to DJI Service.
2018-7-24
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Read more here about the latest issue : https://forum.dji.com/thread-157776-1-1.html
2018-7-24
Use props
CLIFF80
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-23 09:00
Hi, sorry about what happen on your RC. I would suggest considering our recommended repair facility on our website if the product is out of the warranty.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

thanks for suggestion. i have send my RC back to reseller in my country for checking

from what i google, the RC get bricked after FW flash isn't new.  sending back for repair is troublesome and painful. especially those in travelling or plan to travel.

i hope DJI can look into the RC bricked issue after FW update. perhaps consider solution such as user can wired RC to reflash, downgrade, upgrade FW.

thank you
2018-7-24
Use props
Driel87
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265016 ft
Netherlands

Turn off Spark and RC. Restart phone. Turn on Drone and RC. Then probably problem solved...
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CLIFF80 Posted at 2018-7-24 21:02
thanks for suggestion. i have send my RC back to reseller in my country for checking

Hi, thanks for the response, I do apologize for that, however, we will forward this scenario to our R&D engineers for them to be notified in regards to this scenario.
2018-7-25
Use props
djiuser_HegdPmjBh4Si
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-25 08:07
Hi, thanks for the response, I do apologize for that, however, we will forward this scenario to our R&D engineers for them to be notified in regards to this scenario.

Is there any update on this issue. I tried all the things discussed here but no luck.
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_HegdPmjBh4Si Posted at 2018-8-11 07:53
Is there any update on this issue. I tried all the things discussed here but no luck.

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, may I know what happened prior to this issue?
2018-8-12
Use props
FrankieBman
lvl.1
Australia

I've had a month or two off droning and tried to update to 600. It failed and now my RC has disappeared from my wifi list, as everyone else is experiencing. Has this issue been solved without sending it to the factory?
2018-10-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules