Possible bug in Go 4 RC direction shown in Map View
1002 3 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ajohnson-laird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124636 ft
United States

Using an Inspire 1, in Map View, you see a blue "fan" that corresponds to the direction in which the RC is pointing. Tapping on the compass icon to unlock it and the map itself rotates to correspond to the direction in which the RC is pointing.

However, using the current release of the Go 4 app, with the Inspire 2 and its RC, this feature does not appear to work. Tapping on the Compass needles to unlock it causes the compass needle icon itself to rotate in sympathy with the RC's direction but neither the blue "fan" nor the map rotatate.

Has anyone else seen this problem, please?

I do have a second Inspire 2 RC so if I'm the only person with this problem it try that second RC and if it works, it would suggest that the RC is bad. On the other hand, the fact that the compass icon tracks the direction of the RC suggests that the bug might be in Go 4 app.

Versions:
Aircraft 01.01.0010
Remote controller 01.01.0001

Thanks in advance
Andy

Inspire 2 Go 4 app -- blue fan question.png
2017-9-3
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Have you tried a different mobile device?
2017-9-3
Use props
ajohnson-laird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124636 ft
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-3 17:46
Have you tried a different mobile device?

Hi Mark: Yes. I tried two different iPad Pro's. But it's a good idea. I think I'll try an iPad Air 1 -- but only briefly just in case it overheats!

Cheers
Andy
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Please tell me your app version and can you use an iphone to have a try? Thanks for your support.
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules