Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Terrible experience - Help Needed with Ronim M
1238 7 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TGCaldeira
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Guys
I’m looking for some help regarding my ronim m, I have had a frustrating and negative experience.
I purchased the ronim M on 2015.06.01 from helipal and it’s an excellent piece of kit.
We run a wedding videography company so after using the ronim m around 4 times one of the engines started to make a squeaky noise while filming. Understanding that even new products can sometimes go wrong, we contacted helipal which said we would have to deal directly with DJI and so we did.
We directly dealt with them by sending them the ronim m. The ronim m came back fixed (no costs involved) but after a few weeks and using it 3 times a different fault came up where 1 of the engines died. At this point, I thought I was doing something wrong so after checking with other professional colleagues we found that the problem was the ronim m.
For the second time, we sent the ronim m to the factory but this time we had to pay the postage (paying the £150 for postage would be better than losing £1100). We received it in summer 2015 and 4 months ago it died once again, no engines would work. Expecting the worse I updated the software and great, it sorted out the trouble.
Around 3 weeks ago whilst preparing for a wedding the ronim m engine died again although it powers on. Now, it doesn’t accept any updates and there is no signal when connected to the software.
After contacting DJI which offer a terrible customer service and having to wait 4 days for replies I really need some help to sort this out please. After speaking with Justin, I have been told to send the ronim m + paying all the postage fees and to provide the serial number. Funny enough the serial number sticker has been removed by DJI when I sent it previously – Is this strange or is it only me?
DJI policy says: ''DJI will attempt to diagnose and resolve your problem by telephone, e-mail or online chat. DJI may direct you to download and install particular software updates.
If your problem cannot be resolved over the telephone or through the application of software updates, you may be required to deliver the product to DJI for further examination.''
Until now, I have sent pictures to Justin to try and sort the problem out as it could be a simple fix but nobody has even tried to help. The only option is to pay the postage (£150 each way) + the repair bill or keep a faulty product because the 2015 warranty has ended. I accept that if we used the ronim m on a regular basis but since 2015, we used it around 4 times and it’s gone faulty again. How can a product that has been used 11 times since its’ purchase as the software shows have so many faults?
Any input or help would be appreciated.
Cheers
IF YOU DON’T WANT TO READ ABOVE HERE IS A RESUME
-          Bought ronim m
-          After a few months after using it 3/4 times one of the engines started with a squeaky noise so sent to DJI
-          Came repaired and used it a few more times and one engine died not due to improper use. Sent to repair again and paid £150 postage
-          3 months ago the DJI died but connect to software which sorted the problem out
-          Recently and after using the DJI 11 times in total from purchased date and according to DJI software the ronim M powers on but one engine has died again.
-          With no warranty I am asked to pay postage + repair. Can someone please help? The battery is put in properly
RM used in 2015 – K03081507
Present request number - #686716 (Dealing with Justin Liao)
Thanks

2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TGCaldeira, we are so sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience with our product and customer service. We are confirming with engineers to see if there is any further resolution can be provided remotely, will come back to you very soon, please wait a moment, thanks.
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

According to your description and confirming with our engineers, the Ronin M should be sent in for the evaluation and repair. We understand your frustration, but there is nothing we can do remotely, appreciate your understanding and we apologize for all the trouble and inconvenience that have been brought to you.
2017-9-3
Use props
TGCaldeira
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-3 19:54
According to your description and confirming with our engineers, the Ronin M should be sent in for the evaluation and repair. We understand your frustration, but there is nothing we can do remotely, appreciate your understanding and we apologize for all the trouble and inconvenience that have been brought to you.

Hi Mindy

Thanks for your prompt reply. Please clarify the below:

1) Why can't we first find out if the problem can be solved via software?

And most importantly....

2) When the ronim M is working, it's only fair to say that it is a great piece of kit. While this is true, the postage cost is £!50 each way. So, we have £300 + the repair cost.

- Please consider this is a repair cost for a faulty item, so why am I paying for it?

-  What if the repair cost is £300?

2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TGCaldeira Posted at 2017-9-4 10:02
Hi Mindy

Thanks for your prompt reply. Please clarify the below:

Sorry for the late response.
1). We cannot get it fixed via software if there is hardware damage.
2). The Ronin M is out of warranty, the repair must be paid no matter what caused the damage.
We understand your frustration, but not all the problems can be solved remotely, we still suggest to send it in for evaluation and repair.
2017-9-7
Use props
TGCaldeira
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-7 01:44
Sorry for the late response.
1). We cannot get it fixed via software if there is hardware damage.
2). The Ronin M is out of warranty, the repair must be paid no matter what caused the damage.

Thanks Mindy for getting back to us.

Following on your reply:

1) How do we know it s a hardware fault? Could it not be something to do with the software? I was unable to update one of the latest softwares available because it doesn't accept it when connected, could that be the reason?

2) While it is true the ronim is out of warranty, there is a factory fault with it since the beginning as you can see from my previous cases with DJI.

If DJI wants to deal with it fairly a different attitude will be taken. If they don't care, there is no way I am sending this item paying to start £300 postage + the repair cost.

For a customer who has purchased the phantom 1, 2 and the go pro 1,3, now the 5th edition plus the ronim M this is not right and I won't be dealing with DJI anymore (not that it matters to them).

Can you still help?

2017-9-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

TGCaldeira Posted at 2017-9-15 12:01
Thanks Mindy for getting back to us.

Following on your reply:

Hi, if it is a hardware issue, you would need to have it worked on by a technician. As Mindy stated also, this is a charge for a repair. With that being said, I do see that you are listed in the United Kingdom. Have you looked on our Service section to get it repaired from someone close to you? Here is a name that I found:

UNITED KINGDOM
DroneDoctor.co.uk
Business Unit 10 Big Box Business Centre Ingleby House Crowhurst Road Brigthon East Sussex BN1 8AF
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
+44 (0) 330 223 1575
doctor@dronedoctor.co.uk

Let us know if that helps. We appreciate your time.
2017-9-16
Use props
TGCaldeira
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-16 07:49
Hi, if it is a hardware issue, you would need to have it worked on by a technician. As Mindy stated also, this is a charge for a repair. With that being said, I do see that you are listed in the United Kingdom. Have you looked on our Service section to get it repaired from someone close to you? Here is a name that I found:

UNITED KINGDOM

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply.

Mindy, Yourself or another DJI technician keep disregarding the fact that THIS Ronim M is a faulty product.

There is no point of losing more time with this matter.

2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules