Intelligent Flight Modes
1499 11 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DronerX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488192 ft
United States

All the Intelligent Flight Modes are a big discussion topic with the Spark Community, which I'm also a part of.  But P3S has Intelligent Flight Modes as well.  I've never used them.  Does anyone have any experience flying with them?

2017-9-3
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

I have used follow me and headless mode still haven't used POI
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You can check the tutorial videos from here: http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#video. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2017-9-4
Use props
Daveb500
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191742 ft
United Kingdom

I use the POI on my P3S with good success, very easy to use, and reliable.
2017-9-4
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I can use all F modes on my P3S,but i use F-Follow me with extra care of the reaction from the copter if the GPS receiver from the mobile not accurate enough.
F-POI is the simplest operation i think. With F-course lock i can test the range or i can take shots from a street without overfly it.
F-WP is a little harder to make it accurate. The copter is flying accurate the points but the front is not looking to the next way point at all.
Ho to set this feature on the android Go app version 3.1.11 (P3SE added) for my P3S? and can the F-AT(active track) be added to that Go app? I only use the Go app.
2017-9-4
Use props
DronerX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488192 ft
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-4 02:47
I can use all F modes on my P3S,but i use F-Follow me with extra care of the reaction from the copter if the GPS receiver from the mobile not accurate enough.
F-POI is the simplest operation i think. With F-course lock i can test the range or i can take shots from a street without overfly it.
F-WP is a little harder to make it accurate. The copter is flying accurate the points but the front is not looking to the next way point at all.

Thanks for the feedback!
2017-9-5
Use props
Dhold1965
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101417 ft
United States

DronerX Posted at 2017-9-5 11:49
Thanks for the feedback!

I am new to the RC?UAV world  Have been able to use all the features.  As already stated, use the tutorials and understand how they work.  My only crash I intend to have came from lack of full understanding.  Thankfully it was minor.  The program and the Unit performed perfectly.  This guy gave it some bad info.

Props Up
2017-9-5
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

....what guy and what bad info ?  
2017-9-6
Use props
Dhold1965
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101417 ft
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-6 07:28
....what guy and what bad info ?

I was the guy.  Did not understand  Waypoints completely.  PS3 encountered a tree during assent as it headed for first Waypoint.  
2017-9-6
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Then we ´re two of them. But my bird was flying higher than the highest tree on my area of practice way point missions.
2017-9-6
Use props
dave one
New
Flight distance : 142484 ft
United States

I have used all the inelegant flight modes with reasonable success. However after the last firmware update the way point mode lost several options. So far dji support has not been able to help. Is anyone else having problems after the last update?
2017-9-7
Use props
dave one
New
Flight distance : 142484 ft
United States

PS to the above post. I am flying a p3 standard.
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules