Selling a used Mavic... What do I need to know
1624 7 2017-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Et han
lvl.1
United States

Could not find a ton of information out there so I bring you all this question:
When I sell my drone is there anything I need to de-activate in order to make sure it isn't linked to me? All I can think of is the $5 FAA registration and the DJI Go App Registration... how do I remove my drone from these entities?

Thanks!
2017-9-3
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Since you don't register your *aircraft* with the FAA (you register YOUSELF), no need to worry about that particular issue.
2017-9-3
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

How much?
2017-9-3
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

it's on ebay  the auction ends in 7 mins haha
2017-9-3
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's going over $1000?
2017-9-3
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-3 16:56
It's going over $1000?

yes, its a fly more combo
2017-9-3
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

You can get your $5 back and undo the registration if you really want to, though as Jyunte pointed out your registration was for yourself and not the drone, so if you expect to buy another later on there's not much reason to bother.

There's no way that I'm aware of to de-register yourself as the owner with DJI, but again, no real need to either. It'll be associated with the new owner when they start using it with the Go app, and in the meantime there's no need to worry about it.
2017-9-3
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-9-3 17:22
You can get your $5 back and undo the registration if you really want to, though as Jyunte pointed out your registration was for yourself and not the drone, so if you expect to buy another later on there's not much reason to bother.

There's no way that I'm aware of to de-register yourself as the owner with DJI, but again, no real need to either. It'll be associated with the new owner when they start using it with the Go app, and in the meantime there's no need to worry about it.

Thanks for the reply! Just the info I needed
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules