823 3 2017-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SecaBluePro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 473825 ft
Sweden

Hi,

I was doing a recent test flight after a small crash, and everything went well apart from one moment.  See Video...

I was at 120m altitude, flying in P mode into the wind at full sticks forward and descending - wind was approx 15-25km/h I guess.   Also heard the drone really making some strange noises as it was nearing my position - maybe just fighting the wind.  Once I stopped it at approx 20m and let it hover, there was no noise.

For the record, the crash was previous day, slow impact into light post (first crash in 12 months).  One prop took impact, breaking and causing 'suck in' towards post, cart-wheel to ground with one side landing gear taking impact - slightly out of shape but not broken - and eventually ending up inverted.

All systems started and checked out ok, and I had been flying high and low at various speeds with no issues at all up until this descent.  Once I was lower, and using less speed, the drone never exhibited these symptoms again during that flight.

Anyone experienced this before - if it may be related to the crash or just bi-product of too much gusty wind at full stick?

Andrew.
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It is not easy to tell whether it was caused by the crash or not. I would recommend you to send it in for diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-4
Use props
SecaBluePro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 473825 ft
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-4 19:56
It is not easy to tell whether it was caused by the crash or not. I would recommend you to send it in for diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support.

Thanks Susan,

I imagine that sending it in would mean I am without my drone for several weeks at best, which I cannot afford to surrender due to client demands.

Do you have any sort of indication of lead time from support of products sent from Sweden?

I also gather by your conclusion that it is not normal for the gimbal to be acting in this way?... have you or anyone else seen this phenomenon, and was there any conclusion... that is what I was asking ;)  

Then if it was say, just a bi-product of high wind and full stick where the gimbal simply could not cope with the drone's erratic movements to stay on course, then it is a weakness of the gimbal itself.

Considering it didn't happen during any other part of the flight, I am leaning towards that, rather than the crash, but would love other Pilot's input
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SecaBluePro Posted at 2017-9-5 00:14
Thanks Susan,

I imagine that sending it in would mean I am without my drone for several weeks at best, which I cannot afford to surrender due to client demands.

I understand your concern. You can try to calibrate IMU and gimbal camera to see whether it helps. I suspect the gimbal was damaged so that the performance could not be ensured.
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules