1917 10 2017-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bytestorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3678 ft
Germany

Hi guys,

is there an easy way to keep the motif in the center of the screen and still have a free flight? The spark should be capable, as it can keep the motif in the center on all his QuickShot-modes, even if the motif is moving.

It should be possible to still use 3 of the 4 axis (all but yaw) to control the flight, and still have the drone focus on the motif.

I find it very hard to get smooth yaw + gimbal-control for example when I gain/loose hight while trying to film a scene. Any tipps?
2017-9-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I guess this is called 'active track'. You can move around and the Spark will keep the subject in the center.
Other than that I don't know.
The issue here is that Spark can't move the gimbal freely and independent from the aircraft, so when you move past the subject it will have to rotate the whole aircraft instead of just the gimbal.
So that would mean forward motion is not forward motion anymore but sideway or even back motion.
Of course they can make an algorithm for that, (in fact they sort of did that with  'active track'. )
One example where the pilot obviously changed position while tracking.

And there are more here on the forum.
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

I think the video below may be helpful. Besides, you can also use the Active Track, like the post 2 # mentioned. For the details, please read the page 17-19 of the user manual.https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.4.pdf

2017-9-4
Use props
Bytestorm
lvl.2
Germany

I know the Active-Track-Modes. But they take full control over the flight path. I think about a similar mode that only automatically controls the yaw + gimbals movement, but still let me have full control over the 3 other axis. This way we could do manual and complex flight maneuvers but still keep the motif at the centre of attention.
2017-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bytestorm Posted at 2017-9-5 01:22
I know the Active-Track-Modes. But they take full control over the flight path. I think about a similar mode that only automatically controls the yaw + gimbals movement, but still let me have full control over the 3 other axis. This way we could do manual and complex flight maneuvers but still keep the motif at the centre of attention.

I for sure see your point.
Like you have a second operator at the camera controls and you focus on flying.
The problem would be that forward stick motion is no longer forward. (depending on location)

That seems very very interesting indeed!
2017-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-4 19:12
I think the video below may be helpful. Besides, you can also use the Active Track, like the post 2 # mentioned. For the details, please read the page 17-19 of the user manual.https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/20170727/Spark+User+Manual+V1.4.pdf
  DJI SPARK - Confirm Follow

Diana, do you also get Butestorm's point?
2017-9-5
Use props
Bytestorm
lvl.2
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-5 05:47
I for sure see your point.
Like you have a second operator at the camera controls and you focus on flying.
The problem would be that forward stick motion is no longer forward. (depending on location)

The forward-motion would always be in the direction of the locked motif. Because thats what the yaw would turn your drone, too. I don't see a problem here.
2017-9-5
Use props
SparkPete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83852 ft
Germany

Bytestorm Posted at 2017-9-5 14:17
The forward-motion would always be in the direction of the locked motif. Because thats what the yaw would turn your drone, too. I don't see a problem here.

It works that way already.

After you have selected your target in active track and pressed "go", the left/right stick actually flies a circle around the target and keeps it in the center. Forward/backward stick flies towards/away from the target. Up/down stick flies up/down but moves the gimbal to keep the target centered.

I often use active track to fly my own custom helix by flying left or right combined with flying back and up. Would be impossible to keep the target centered without the help of active track.
2017-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

SparkPete Posted at 2017-9-5 14:45
It works that way already.

After you have selected your target in active track and pressed "go", the left/right stick actually flies a circle around the target and keeps it in the center. Forward/backward stick flies towards/away from the target. Up/down stick flies up/down but moves the gimbal to keep the target centered.

I guess that's the best next thing to try.
2017-9-5
Use props
Pashi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I've tried Active Track yesterday for the first time and forgot to press GO. Spark kept me in frame and I was able to control it. Have to double check this feature but seems it worked
2017-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bytestorm Posted at 2017-9-5 14:17

Nothing that can't be solved, but it will require some clever UI to make this work for a operator.
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules