Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Isn't it blurry?
1030 7 2017-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vinnyhofx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 563264 ft
Canada

Hi,

I've read a lot on focus issues on this forum and other website. I was going over some recent footage and noticed the focus wasn't quite right. I remember paying attention to the focus when I flew while shooting this. Yet, the focus seems weird (i.e.: blurry zone on the right side). Am I wrong? Should I open a ticket with DJI?

P.S.: This is a screenshot from the actual footage played in Quicktime.

Settings:
Color profile: 1, -1, -1
D-Log

P.S.: The compression on this site affects the image quality. On my screen, the left / center zone is sharp and in focus.
Capture d’écran 2017-09-04 à 14.39.00.png
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Is there a fog on lens or camera? How about Auto mode? Could you please try to record a footage that which uses AF to see if it is still blurry? And please export an original video from the SD card, upload it to Dropbox and paste the link here, I'll help to check. Thank you.
2017-9-4
Use props
vinnyhofx
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-4 19:10
Is there a fog on lens or camera? How about Auto mode? Could you please try to record a footage that which uses AF to see if it is still blurry? And please export an original video from the SD card, upload it to Dropbox and paste the link here, I'll help to check. Thank you.

Thanks for following up! I don't think there was fog on the lense, but it is possible. Here is an original footage as requested. Exported from the SD card onto Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89h7qofklj7phzu/DJI_0024.MOV?dl=0

D-Log
0, 0, 0
No filter
WB: Cloudy
2017-9-12
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Looks more like the latest firmware 1000 and it's over-exposure issue to me?
2017-9-12
Use props
vinnyhofx
lvl.2
Canada

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-9-12 17:08
Looks more like the latest firmware 1000 and it's over-exposure issue to me?

Over exposed for sure (even though I had ND16 on), but that is not the issue here as it was shot in D-Log and I can make adjustments afterwards. Video in the OP was shot in July, so before the firmware update.
2017-9-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I downloaded the original clip, but do not notice a blurry spot in the right side. Is it occurring in a certain time?
Except for some motion blur (but that might be caused by the ND filter lowering the shutterspeed)
Maybe only some minor noise that appeared more in the right side. Not sure why that is happening.

BTW, the ND filter won't help you in this situation with over exposing. That is just caused by bad AE algorithm .
The ND filter in general lowers the amount of light hitting the sensor, but the AE will still try to compensate for that (lowering shutterspeed + larger aperture + increasing ISO)
That is very useful for getting a good shutterspeed for video, but other than that you won't need that with a drone.
(maybe filming directly into the sun or something, but that is not the case here).
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I couldn't find the blurry side either. Could you please help to point it out? BTW, the little kids are so cute.
2017-9-14
Use props
vinnyhofx
lvl.2
Canada

The clip I put on Dropbox isn't the clip from which I took the initial screenshot. I made another clip as request by DJI Thor. The blurry zone on the right side is from another clip (the one I took the screenshot from).
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules