1524 26 2017-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm new to Mavic but have experience of Phantom and Inspire. The plain and simple question I have. Are there any major flaws in the .1000 FW upgrade or can I safely upgrade?

Thanks for any input.
2017-9-4
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

It is different opinions about that some have gotten it to work really well and other not. So if you have a "stable" performance now I would say Wait. What version are you on now?
This is my situation at the moment.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid942537

2017-9-4
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

1000 working fine for me, no issues at all. The guys I work with are also running it no problems, only thing I haven't tested in depth is range, had 900 out to 4.1km no worries so hopefully 1000 still the same...
2017-9-4
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I would not suggest catching this one-way train stay on Your current setup if there is no problems present I personally had many problems with .1000 and DJI will not let You go back
2017-9-4
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

alex_markov Posted at 2017-9-4 23:14
I would not suggest catching this one-way train  stay on Your current setup if there is no problems present  I personally had many problems with .1000 and DJI will not let You go back

Dji will not, but others do
2017-9-4
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok .. .. The one and only reason i was thinking of updating was I got a "IMU calibration needed" (or similar) just after take off the other day. I landed and the message got away. Then up agaian without any issues or warnings. Checking the IMU calibration afterwards showed normal figures ..
2017-9-4
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Sweden

Håkan K Posted at 2017-9-4 23:47
Ok .. .. The one and only reason i was thinking of updating was I got a "IMU calibration needed" (or similar) just after take off the other day. I landed and the message got away. Then up agaian without any issues or warnings. Checking the IMU calibration afterwards showed normal figures ..

IMU calibration is not any reason for updating, stay where you are.
2017-9-5
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flybee Posted at 2017-9-5 00:36
IMU calibration is not any reason for updating, stay where you are.

Of course not. But a false warning might be. However, read about your obstacles and stay put for now.
2017-9-5
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

I'm surprised that users are reporting 'no issues' DJI Support have confirmed that there is a compatability issue between the new firmware and DJI Assistant 2 (A new release of DJI Assistant 2 is anticipated).  So if you upgrade you wont be able to access Flight Data from the Mavic's SD 'glued in' SD card.  

I've not seen any other confirmed issues. I personally haven't seen any Mavic, controller or image issues after  upgraading; only the issue mentioned above.
2017-9-5
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Sweden

Håkan K Posted at 2017-9-5 22:00
Of course not. But a false warning might be. However, read about your obstacles and stay put for now.

It's most likely fixed think it is the app but need to do more testing, before i write it of.
2017-9-6
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Flybee Posted at 2017-9-6 01:39
It's most likely fixed think it is the app but need to do more testing, before i write it of.

I have heard some horror stories about 1000 somebody on here messed his ac and rc up! Im on 900 and staying put. Ive heard 700 is really good aswell if you ever want to hack the firmware. That i will not do!
2017-9-6
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Read the release note. No benefit to update.
2017-9-6
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I updated to .1000 with no issues. Works fine and I got benefits with the goggles.
2017-9-6
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Fingers Posted at 2017-9-5 22:27
I'm surprised that users are reporting 'no issues' DJI Support have confirmed that there is a compatability issue between the new firmware and DJI Assistant 2 (A new release of DJI Assistant 2 is anticipated).  So if you upgrade you wont be able to access Flight Data from the Mavic's SD 'glued in' SD card.  

I've not seen any other confirmed issues. I personally haven't seen any Mavic, controller or image issues after  upgraading; only the issue mentioned above.

... not been able to access flight data that is on the internal SD-card will not be an issue for most of us. I really don't care if I can access flight data or not, I bought my MP to fly and have fun....

I can tell you that, without doubt, I have lots of fun when flying the MP on FW .1000.
2017-9-6
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mari Posted at 2017-9-6 08:55
... not been able to access flight data that is on the internal SD-card will not be an issue for most of us. I really don't care if I can access flight data or not, I bought my MP to fly and have fun....

I can tell you that, without doubt, I have lots of fun when flying the MP on FW .1000.

This is all about having fun, why else would we purchase a Mavic.  However, don't under-estimate the utility value of the Flight Records in having fun though. It provides rapid self diagnosis of problems as you can relate it to other factors being inputted into the Mavic.....good examples would be barometer problems or vision sensors.  
2017-9-6
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Fingers thats if u have problems or are having a problem. Is there something wrong that you need the flight records all the time?
2017-9-6
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
United Kingdom

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-9-6 12:18
Fingers thats if u have problems or are having a problem. Is there something wrong that you need the flight records all the time?

No, of course you don't need access to them all the time. You access them when you need to. Though they are great for confirming the performance of the Mavic; new batteries for example, or checking what triggered a 'brake' flag.  I got a new battery quickly exchanged because of a problem spotted in Flight Data, this could have resulted in a loss of Mavic if I'd carried on using it.  

I don't check my bank account transactions or phone calls all the time; but I would be pretty annoyed if I suddenly became unable to do so.  
2017-9-6
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

I guess to each there own.... I could see the only time that you would need it as if you had to send the Drone in other than that you could View most of the information on the go 4 app like battery stats etc.  /See why its braking
2017-9-6
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

What was the battery that you figured out in the flight data? Serious question. Because i know the go 4 app will alert u if there is a battery error it will also tell you the votes of each cell.  And total mah vs used mah . So if you see something is off it is right there
2017-9-6
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

Volts*......
2017-9-6
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

There is an "edit"-button on the bottom of your message

DJI knows we can't access the flight data via DJI Assistant 2 now, they also said that there will be an update of DJI Assistant 2 soon... we just have to wait in that and in de mean time make some fun by flying the MP...
2017-9-6
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It was very intermittant battery error on the app, but when looking at flight data, you could see irratic batt volts and a constant battery temp (which was odd), local supplier confirmed that battery temp wasn't being correctly monitored.  Local supplier exchanged it.  I fly with multiple batteries and every so often I like to overlay battery data using the data viewer, it is easy to spot which battery is performing best / worst.  I've found that complete discharge / recharge does help.  As mentioned on other threads / forums.  

I've also noticed a couple of my favourite flying spots are subject to weaker RC Signal / GPS Signal.  I still fly there though!  

I find it a useful tool, and I learn a lot from understanding the data.
2017-9-6
Use props
GovGeek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88980 ft
United States

I was trying to do some "exploring" with parameters in the  Assistant last night. But before that, I was able to use Assistant normally and update the firmware to 1000. Then I tried exploring again and I just get spinning icon on the left pane with a "denied" logo when hovering over the options menu on the far left. I was not able to redownload flight data after the upgrade.
2017-9-6
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

Put it on .0700 and be done with it.
2017-9-6
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

Yup on .700 too and i know mari i cannot find this edit button tho on s8+ and even when i put into desktop mode it stays on mobile version....dang Samsung internet
2017-9-6
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Germany

History shows that it is like roulette to upgrade, not so much about the software I think it's more about what you aircraft is in for status. I think it's random how you are affected.

Is this thing affecting the flight conditions? Not to my knowledge so I have no interest at the moment that DJI assistant is working to expactions, It's not good of course but this is most like an area where DJI have to improve. IE sync releases.

Or the don't want us to be able to read the logs.

Happy flying
2017-9-6
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Germany

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-9-6 02:18
I have heard some horror stories about 1000 somebody on here messed his ac and rc up! Im on 900 and staying put. Ive heard 700 is really good aswell if you ever want to hack the firmware. That i will not do!

I'm glad that you have a stable version that is working for you.

No, I will not do that either I guess. To little knowledge yet.

Happy flying
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules