Return to home and downlink questions.
761 7 2017-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9f5c5cd1
lvl.1
Greece

Am I correct in thinking that the mavic sets it's homepoint if it has full GPS and does the controlled lift off and I don't need to set anything myself? Does rth work perfectly each time? I just wondered as people comment on disconnects, which I thought would trigger the rth function without getting a fly away?

Also, is the downlink that my phone records not the full 4k recording and that I can only access this through the SD card from Mavic?
2017-9-4
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Yes, you'v got it right, but always be prepared to act not to rely solely on auto functions.
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

There is no need to set the HP by yourself, it will be set by the drone automatically if the GPS signal is strong enough. But I would like to control the drone by myself as long as it hasn't lost the RC signal. For the 4K videos, I would recommend you watch original video on your PC, the videos in the APP are cached videos.
2017-9-5
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-5 00:53
There is no need to set the HP by yourself, it will be set by the drone automatically if the GPS signal is strong enough. But I would like to control the drone by myself as long as it hasn't lost the RC signal. For the 4K videos, I would recommend you watch original video on your PC, the videos in the APP are cached videos.

Dear Diana,

Just to check if I am correct: in the situation that you move away from your HP, you should set it frequently, shouldn't you?
For example: if I am in a boat!
Thak you for your attention.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-9-5 08:52
Dear Diana,

Just to check if I am correct: in the situation that you move away from your HP, you should set it frequently, shouldn't you?

Yes, you can update the home point manually if you are in boat. Connecting with aircraft, controller and APP, you can refresh the Home Point in Mc Settings which requires high precision of your mobile GPS.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-9-5 08:52
Dear Diana,

Yes, you are right, it is better to refresh the HP to your current position in time if you are moving during the flight. Agree with Susan, it requires high precision of your mobile GPS.
2017-9-8
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-8 01:27
Yes, you are right, it is better to refresh the HP to your current position in time if you are moving during the flight. Agree with Susan, it requires high precision of your mobile GPS.

Thanks for both of you, @Diana and @Susan!
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-9-11 02:40
Thanks for both of you, @Diana and @Susan!

You are welcome, should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know, we'd like to help.
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules