h3-3d gimble dropping the gopro and has jello effect
976 4 2015-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

This is my 2nd replacement of the h3-3d gimble and i cant get it to stop dropping the go pro and picking it back up. It will happen on the yaw axis occassionally and on the roll axis allot...  ive notice right b4 it happens there will be allot of jello effect and im thinking its because the gimble motor vibrates the gimble b4 it shuts off and restarts and drops and picks the gopro back up..  this is the 3rd gimble now doing this issue to me.. its by far the best one of the 3 tbough.. the other 2 did it allot worse than this one does..  dji please help me! I want so much for this to work properly on my F550

Thank You,

Mark
2015-4-2
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Here is a link to the video on you tube that demonstrates the problem i am having. ..

It happens at about 1:40, 2:40, and 3 minutes. It happens 3 or 4 times in a row around the 3 min mark of the video

2015-4-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

For the jello problem:
1. check if the aircraft vibrate; 2. add an anti-board; 3. check the damper; 4. check if the propellers are broken.
For the dropping problem:
Does the IMU calibration help?
2015-4-13
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
United States

I've done all of that already. The jello effect comes only right b4 the gimble motor shuts off.  The motor will vibrate right b4 shutting off for a few seconds. Then it comes back on and picks up its axis until the next time.  Its very fustrating.  I havent been able to get good video since ive bought it 7 months ago. Its been replaced 2 times and all 3 gimbles are having this issue!
2015-4-18
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
United States

There is no option to calibrate the gimble on a h3-3d and what is a anti-board?  Please help.. i would really like my gimble to work properly. I've had it exchanged a few times also, so I'm thinking defective product line..  needs stronger motors or firmware that makes the motors not shut off when the load gets bigger would be my guess to solving the problem..  i say that because the gimble seems to work better on my f450 Than on my f550.  So i think the blowing wind from the props are causing the drop outs..  either way I need it to work properly...  or at least give me a credit off a phantom and i will by a different manufacturers gimble and hope for better success..

Please please help me get a working gimble dji
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules