DJI repair Service- Extremely unsatisfied
2053 28 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Diluk Perera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330279 ft
Sri Lanka

Same like most of other users complained I had the same issue with my remote controller,
while software updating it stopped half way and afterward no WIFI connection and couldn’t connect
to Air craft,
Finally contacted the repair center and once they opened a case for me, I curried the unit

And on currier tracking says it was delivered on 3oth August, (DJI Repair Center – Hong Kong)

But on the DJI repair tracking page (as at 05th September) it says “ITEM TO BE RECEIVED “

And so far I have contacted the repair center more than 3 times  & they always say “ Thank you for your patience & we will update the status shortly and bla bla bla”

After receiving the unit on 30th still could update their repair track,  gives me a  feeling  
I will never get my remote back and will have to buy a new one by myself,

Has anybody got similar experience with DJI repair center?

Diluk- Sri Lanka

2017-9-5
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.2
United States

DJI services in the states has been "exceptional" with speed and responses....maybe you should courier to USA
2017-9-5
Use props
hfog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34583 ft
United States

SeanGillian Posted at 2017-9-5 06:31
DJI services in the states has been "exceptional" with speed and responses....maybe you should courier to USA

Um. No. It has not been "exceptional" in the USA. Unless you mean "exceptionally slow". Perhaps it's been rapid for some but my experience with DJI customer service in the USA was anything but exceptional. It was dreadful.
2017-9-5
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

Dji USA was exceptionally fast to deny my warranty claim. Then a bit slower responding to my dispute. And then pretty good fixing it.
2017-9-5
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

OneMatt Posted at 2017-9-5 10:18
Dji USA was exceptionally fast to deny my warranty claim. Then a bit slower responding to my dispute. And then pretty good fixing it.

Can you share the time it took for every stage so we know what to expect.

Time it took to respond to warranty claim?
Time it took to deny your warranty claim?
Time it took to respond to your Dispute? and out come of Dispute
Time to send your drone to DJI?,
Time for DJI to fix
and Time to return your spark.

OH, What was it in for?
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Diluk, you have sincere apologize for the unpleasant experience with our repair service, please leave me with the came number, we will help to check what happened and give you an update shortly, thanks.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hfog Posted at 2017-9-5 10:07
Um. No. It has not been "exceptional" in the USA. Unless you mean "exceptionally slow". Perhaps it's been rapid for some but my experience with DJI customer service in the USA was anything but exceptional. It was dreadful.

We are so sorry to hear that, did you get it sorted out in the end? Is there anything we can assist?
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OneMatt Posted at 2017-9-5 10:18

We are sorry for the unpleasant experience during repair process but glad the case got addressed. We will keep improving our customer service and make your experience with us better in the future.
2017-9-5
Use props
Diluk Perera
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-5 18:39
Diluk, you have sincere apologize for the unpleasant experience with our repair service, please leave me with the came number, we will help to check what happened and give you an update shortly, thanks.

Dear Mindy,
thank you very much for your attention and please check you private message to get my case number
Thank you
Diluk -Sri Lanka
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Diluk Perera Posted at 2017-9-5 20:48
Dear Mindy,
thank you very much for your attention and please check you private message to get my case number
Thank you

Thanks, PM received, the package just arrived in official repair center in Chinese Mainland, I have forwarded the case to designated department to expedite the process, we would appreciate your patience.
2017-9-5
Use props
Diluk Perera
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-5 22:47
Thanks, PM received, the package just arrived in official repair center in Chinese Mainland, I have forwarded the case to designated department to expedite the process, we would appreciate your patience.

Thank you very much for your prompt action
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Diluk Perera Posted at 2017-9-5 23:02

You are welcome, hope everything goes smoothly, please wait a moment for status update.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Diluk Perera Posted at 2017-9-5 23:02

Update: the replacement has been approved, we will ship out the replacement very soon, appreciate your patience.
2017-9-6
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-5 18:44
We are sorry for the unpleasant experience during repair process but glad the case got addressed. We will keep improving our customer service and make your experience with us better in the future.

Im glad it was resolved, too.

As I said in my thread about the experience, it very much felt that the engineers didnt review the flight logs in advance of their initial decision. Only after review did they seem to change their decision.

For this I have suggestions:

The first thing you ask when there is a problem is to upload the blackbox data via Assistant 2. Why not review that flight data before sending a shipping label? This will save you money, but also save consumer hassle.

You see, once you have my drone, you have it hostage. You deny a claim, and send me a bill for repair, and return shipping. Im stuck paying for repair and/or shipping,with no avenue for dispute. If the logs told you what the issue was after you had the physical device, it would tell you before, too.

It would save consumer hassle, because the credit card I purhased with had 90 warranty against even accidental damage, which I would have used to get my money back for the broken Spark, without the added expense of return shipping a broken product.

Basically, from my experience, I am not confident DJI actually uses those logs for anything, and are quick to say "crashed drone, user error, denied claim", unless you can exploit a connection as I did to get resolution. Fix this. Review the logs FIRST. Save you and I shipping costs on denied claims, and give the option for physical review and repair.
2017-9-6
Use props
hfog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34583 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-5 18:40
We are so sorry to hear that, did you get it sorted out in the end? Is there anything we can assist?

No. There's nothing more to be done here. My case was resolved. If you really care, you can read through my other posts to see what happened and my recommendations but as far as I'm concerned, that particular matter is closed. I just didn't want folks reading this thread and thinking that DJI customer service in the USA was somehow all rosy and trouble free when it clearly isn't.
2017-9-6
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Canada

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-5 10:31
Can you share the time it took for every stage so we know what to expect.

1 business day.

Time it took to deny your warranty claim?

3 business days, invoice sent for repairs (frame is $11, labour is $65/hr, return shipping $13).

Time it took to respond to your Dispute? and out come of Dispute

No response from DJI support email all day, and I was angry and impatient. Used a contact I had within DJI the same day in the evening after business hours, had a response BY PHONE the next day.

Updated the case to "warranty" just 1 business day later.

Time to send your drone to DJI?,

8 days, including the weekend (UPS still moves stuff).

Time for DJI to fix

2 business days. I think they actually replaced the unit entirely.

and Time to return your spark.

7 days.

OH, What was it in for?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-105713-1-1.html

So, all in all it was gone a full month. 2 weeks of that was in shipping, so I guess everything being done in 2 weeks isn't bad. My real beef was how quickly they denied it based on one piece of information (it broke after hitting a car) instead of looking at the reason it hit the car in the first place (fly away). It is pretty clear to me that if it crashes because of something *I* did wrong, there is no warranty. I wouldn't have even contacted them. But that wasn't the case here.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OneMatt Posted at 2017-9-6 07:56
Im glad it was resolved, too.

As I said in my thread about the experience, it very much felt that the engineers didnt review the flight logs in advance of their initial decision. Only after review did they seem to change their decision.

I didn't find you previous number so I have no idea what happened with your case before.
The current workflow is customer apply data analysis when fill in online repair request, when the drone arrives in facility, the data analysis will be conducted after damage assessment, the log will be exported by our repair team. If the customer didn't apply data analysis, the quotation will be sent to customer directly after damage assessment.
We still appreciate your suggestions, because of the data of some aircraft is not easy to be obtained by customers, so data analysis will be conducted when the drone arrives in facility.
I will forwarded your feedback to our management to improve our service, thank you very much.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hfog Posted at 2017-9-6 11:35
No. There's nothing more to be done here. My case was resolved. If you really care, you can read through my other posts to see what happened and my recommendations but as far as I'm concerned, that particular matter is closed. I just didn't want folks reading this thread and thinking that DJI customer service in the USA was somehow all rosy and trouble free when it clearly isn't.

I've seen your previous post and we appreciate your sincere suggestions about our customer service.
We know we still have many shortcomings, we always devote to improving our product and service to bring better experience for our valued customers. We will try our best to make every customer have a pleasant experience with us. Your understanding will be highly appreciated.
2017-9-6
Use props
Diluk Perera
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-6 04:35
Update: the replacement has been approved, we will ship out the replacement very soon, appreciate your patience.

Dear Mindy,
Thank you very much for you attention and i appreciate your support,

Thank you
Diluk- Sri Lanka
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Diluk Perera Posted at 2017-9-6 20:35
Dear Mindy,
Thank you very much for you attention and i appreciate your support,

You are welcome, hope you will get it back soon.
2017-9-7
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

OneMatt Posted at 2017-9-6 17:31

1 business day.

Thanks for the information and I'm sure it will help all of us to understand what we may be faced with if our sparks are sent in for repair.

Glad you got it back and flying again.
2017-9-7
Use props
Diluk Perera
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-7 02:29
You are welcome, hope you will get it back soon.

Dear Mindy, please check your  personal message, thank you
Diluk - Sri Lanka
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Diluk Perera Posted at 2017-9-13 22:27
Dear Mindy, please check your  personal message, thank you
Diluk - Sri Lanka

The case has been escalated to appropriate team to expedite the process, we will try our best to ship it out as soon as possible, appreciate your patience.
2017-9-14
Use props
Diluk Perera
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-14 00:14
The case has been escalated to appropriate team to expedite the process, we will try our best to ship it our as soon as possible, appreciate your patience.

Dear Mindy,

Problem solved, i recieved a replacement new Remote Controller, and it works fine with my Air craft,
i thank you very much for your interference to escalate the process and i really appreciate your support,
Thank you
Diluk -Sri Lanka
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Diluk Perera Posted at 2017-9-18 16:50
Dear Mindy,

Problem solved, i recieved a replacement new Remote Controller, and it works fine with my Air craft,

You are welcome, I'm glad to hear the problem got sorted out, hope you enjoy your trip.
2017-9-18
Use props
Bobby.limwc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48084 ft
Singapore

Similar experience for me as well. The Mavic accelerated suddenly to 3m/s without pilot's input and crashed into the wall. I'm situated in Singapore and sent my drone to DJI Hong Kong (i paid for shipping fee). I stated my case to DJI and they assessed the damage and provided repair quotation on 21 Sep 17. However, there was no explanation given on the cause of damage and i would like to know if it is a machine or pilot error. I immediately dropped an email to DJI Support (Hong Kong) on 21 sep and 25 sep respectively and no response received yet....
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Bobby.limwc Posted at 2017-9-26 19:38
Similar experience for me as well. The Mavic accelerated suddenly to 3m/s without pilot's input and crashed into the wall. I'm situated in Singapore and sent my drone to DJI Hong Kong (i paid for shipping fee). I stated my case to DJI and they assessed the damage and provided repair quotation on 21 Sep 17. However, there was no explanation given on the cause of damage and i would like to know if it is a machine or pilot error. I immediately dropped an email to DJI Support (Hong Kong) on 21 sep and 25 sep respectively and no response received yet....

Sorry for the crash, could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it?
2017-9-26
Use props
Bobby.limwc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48084 ft
Singapore

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-26 22:52
Sorry for the crash, could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it?

Diana, my case number is CAS-975544-S3D1N0. I would truly appreciate if DJI could provide a detailed assessment, instead of quoting the repair charge and completely shut me off after that.

As a consumer, it sort of diluted my confidence in DJI in terms of after sales support especially if the drone performs unexpectedly due to design flaw or hardware failure.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bobby.limwc Posted at 2017-9-27 07:35
Diana, my case number is CAS-975544-S3D1N0. I would truly appreciate if DJI could provide a detailed assessment, instead of quoting the repair charge and completely shut me off after that.

As a consumer, it sort of diluted my confidence in DJI in terms of after sales support especially if the drone performs unexpectedly due to design flaw or hardware failure.

Hi, Bobby, sorry for the confusion, since your drone doesn't have crash damage and the gimbal has been out of warranty, so the repair expense will need to be paid.
According to your description, you flew the drone in ATTI mode, please note that the drone in ATTI Mode can hardly hover and land because of lack of GPS signal, the crash would be pilot error. atti mode.png
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules