Cannot do a Firmware Update on RC
2392 10 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
meedz24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1916 ft
Canada

Over the weekend I decided to do all the necessary updates - I did updated the aircraft, but then got stuck with an issue where it will connect & dissconnect continuously. I cannot get the aircraft to stay connected to the RC.

Contacted DJI support by phone and they walked me through how to update the RC, but for some odd reason the DJI GO app is not showing the latest 1.9 firmware update. I can only see a 1.8 and below.

Any ideas? They are suggesting I send it in for repair, but I'd prefer not to Seems like a software bug somewhere!

2017-9-5
Use props
holawhatsup
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21286 ft
United States

Hey There, I had the same problem with the flashing light on the RC and the unstable video link. I fixed it by restarting everything and then connecting the phone to the rc. I then clicked enter device, and then it said updates required at the top. I selected that and it started the update proceddure
2017-9-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

holawhatsup Posted at 2017-9-5 11:14
Hey There, I had the same problem with the flashing light on the RC and the unstable video link. I fixed it by restarting everything and then connecting the phone to the rc. I then clicked enter device, and then it said updates required at the top. I selected that and it started the update proceddure

"and then it said updates required at the top"

That's it in a nutshell, in the 'Aircraft Status' :-)

Edit:- make sure the phone or tablet has a good internet connection.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The aircraft firmware and controller firmware should be matched. Please make sure there is a solid internet, turn on the RC only and wait for a certain time to see. Alternatively, change to another recommended mobile might be helpful.
2017-9-5
Use props
meedz24
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-5 19:52
The aircraft firmware and controller firmware should be matched. Please make sure there is a solid internet, turn on the RC only and wait for a certain time to see. Alternatively, change to another recommended mobile might be helpful.

I have tried absolutely everything on my end - tried to downgrade the RC using the DJI app hoping it would trigger the new update to appear. Nothing. Tried to refresh to factory settings on the aircraft, nada.

I guess I will send it in Lesson learned, always update the RC first!!
** I did not try using another mobile device - I shall try this tomorrow!
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

meedz24 Posted at 2017-9-7 18:12
I have tried absolutely everything on my end - tried to downgrade the RC using the DJI app hoping it would trigger the new update to appear. Nothing. Tried to refresh to factory settings on the aircraft, nada.

I'm sorry about this, if still no luck, please contact the Support Team via support.us@dji.com to send it in.
2017-9-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

meedz24 Posted at 2017-9-7 18:12

make sure display device and RC are both well charged, and the display has a good internet connection. Connect display to RC (Battery on RC Must be above 50% charged) and power both up, run DJI Go 4 (log into your account in DJI Go 4 settings page). Tap on 'Enter Device' and when main DJI Go 4 control screen opens up tap at top of page where it says 'Disconnected'. That should open up 'Aircraft Status' page. If the top line 'Overall Status' shows a red triangle then tap on that line and that should take you through the 1.9.2 upgrade process. If no triangle then wait for a few minutes and see if it shows up. Failing that try repeating whole process again after repowering all.
2017-9-9
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-9 05:22
make sure display device and RC are both well charged, and the display has a good internet connection. Connect display to RC (Battery on RC Must be above 50% charged) and power both up, run DJI Go 4 (log into your account in DJI Go 4 settings page). Tap on 'Enter Device' and when main DJI Go 4 control screen opens up tap at top of page where it says 'Disconnected'. That should open up 'Aircraft Status' page. If the top line 'Overall Status' shows a red triangle then tap on that line and that should take you through the 1.9.2 upgrade process. If no triangle then wait for a few minutes and see if it shows up. Failing that try repeating whole process again after repowering all.

just went through this this morning, I had to uninstall the GO4 app, install new version, and restart my tablet a couple of times before I could upgrade the RC - eventually I got it and all is ok now.
2017-9-9
Use props
meedz24
lvl.2
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-9 05:22

Wow!! HUGE THANK YOU!

This actually worked - but I am rather confused why the update would not show up anywhere else (long hold of menu button on main page, and the status bar that shows when you first connect).

@DJI needs to take note of this as their phone tech support did not walk me through this!

Now that I have done the update, I ran into a bizarre issue however - my RC has 3 bars of battery, once the update completed and I went to reboot, it showed 0 and would not power up. Display showed battery dead needing charge. Once I plugged it in, the three bars reappeared and now it is working with no issues.

Anyone ever experience this, or should I be wary using this RC now.
2017-9-16
Use props
meedz24
lvl.2
Canada

Also one last question - my understanding is the RC and aircraft must have matching firmware? Is this true? My aircraft is V02.0XXXXX where as the RC is 1.9.3 ?
2017-9-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

meedz24 Posted at 2017-9-16 16:17
Also one last question - my understanding is the RC and aircraft must have matching firmware? Is this true? My aircraft is V02.0XXXXX where as the RC is 1.9.3 ?

It means matching in as much as being compatable with each other. What you have is fine, and the most up to date. The release notes give a good indication. But for some reason DJI have pulled the release notes for V 02.00.0106. Perhaps an update is imminent .....
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules