Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dubai
1173 4 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7c362d2e
New
Flight distance : 114442 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All

Im planing a trip to Sri Lanka vir Dubai in november 2017 can any one tell me i will have any problems takeing my dji mavric pro with me?

THANK YOU  
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please ask the airline for help, you should follow the relevant regulations and they have different limitation when it comes to battery.
2017-9-7
Use props
Desert Drone Pi
lvl.3

United Arab Emirates

Dubai is very strict regarding drones, you are required to have a registered drone with the local and federal aviation authorities, furthermore you require prior permission before flying from the aviation authorities. In addition to this Dubai has very strict privacy rules and regulations. I would strongly advise against flying a drone in Dubai , unless you live and operate there and adhere to the rules and regulations, you can end up with hefty fines and even worse......  
Please see the following links for further information:

http://www.dcaa.gov.ae/en/Pages/RPASRegistration.aspx?sid=16

https://www.gcaa.gov.ae/en/pages/UASRegistration.aspx  

I would like to also highlight the point regarding privacy and cameras on a drone acording to the federal regulations:

5. REQUIREMENTS

a) Requirements for an Individual/Private User (Recreational)(Click to Apply)

• The user and UAS/drone shall be registered      with the GCAA before flying;
  • All UAS/drones weighing 5kgs or less shall      only be allowed to fly in the approved flying zone (i.e the green zone);
  • No      video or image capturing devices shall be used when flying the UAS/drone;
  • No UAS/drones shall be equipped with drop or      release devices;
  • UAS/drones flying range shall be within      line-of-sight and not more than 400 feet above ground level;
  • UAS/drones shall fly only during day time and      in good weather conditions;
  • UAS/drones shall be used for fun and not for      commercial purposes;
  • The user shall be responsible to ensure the      UAS/drones is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and      it is inspected before commencement of flight;
  • No user shall fly the UAS/drones near public      and/or private property;
  • No user shall fly the UAS/drones within 5 km      of UAE airports outer fence, Heliports, Helicopter landing Sites, and      airfields or in controlled zones;
  • Direct radio control link shall be maintained      between the user and the UAS/drones;
  • Frequency Band Restrictions (29.7-47.0 MHz max      power 10 mW, or 2400-2500 MHz max power 100 mW) shall be maintained;
  • UAS/drones user shall take into consideration      the effects on radio communication, interference of the frequency used;
  • UAS/drones user shall avoid collisions with      people, objects, other manned and unmanned aircraft;
  • UAS/drones user shall not harass or endanger      people or threaten to damage property;
  • UAS/drones owner shall be responsible to      inform the GCAA through the GCAA website when he/she intends to resell the      UAS/drones;
  • If a UAS/drones accident or UAS/drones loss of      control has occurred, the user shall immediately report the      incident/accident to the GCAA on hotline: +971506414667 and E-mail: aai@gcaa.gov.ae ;
  • All UAS/drones weighing above 5kgs and/or      equipped with gas engine shall only operate within the GCAA approved      flying clubs;
  • The minimum age to fly UAS/drones weighing      more than 25Kgs is 21 years;
[size=11.3333px]

[size=11.3333px]I hope this helps.........
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

What is advised on contacting the airline is true. Know your local laws may save you a ton of heartache once you are out there.
2017-9-13
Use props
tobetheotherone
New
Austria

Desert Drone Pi Posted at 2017-9-11 02:54
Dubai is very strict regarding drones, you are required to have a registered drone with the local and federal aviation authorities, furthermore you require prior permission before flying from the aviation authorities. In addition to this Dubai has very strict privacy rules and regulations. I would strongly advise against flying a drone in Dubai , unless you live and operate there and adhere to the rules and regulations, you can end up with hefty fines and even worse......  
Please see the following links for further information:

Hey,
I am flying next week to Dubai (2 nights) than to the Maldives.

The thing is, I don't want to fly nor film in Dubai only at the Maldives.

Do I really have to register?!
I am writing with the GCAA und DCAA from UAE since days and nobody can help me :-(
2017-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules