Phantom 4 Pro Plus Controller Frustrations
1894 9 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JAG-Flyer
New
United States

Hi all,
New P4P+ pilot here. I'm feeling very frustrated by the lack of support for the built-in controller. I feel duped by DJI into paying extra for a product that lacks any 3rd party support. I regret not researching this further, but DJI really needs to open the controller up to allow additional app support. As someone who is hoping to get into mapping and 3D modeling, I now have zero options. Even DJI's GS Pro app isn't compatible with the Pro+ controller...that's just ridiculous.

Warning to anyone thinking about getting the P4P+, do not do it if you want to do anything more than fly around for fun.
2017-9-5
Use props
fans4e88ec63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130856 ft
United Kingdom

Hello

You are not alone on this!!!

Read the post below!

http://forum.dji.com/thread-111374-1-1.html
2017-9-5
Use props
JAG-Flyer
New
United States

fans4e88ec63 Posted at 2017-9-5 11:38
Hello

You are not alone on this!!!

Nice! Great thread, I couldn't agree more with every point you made. This is a very big deal, and I wish DJI would make it a top priority. We're paying a premium for the +controller and getting an extremely disappointing product as a result.  

I figured I would at least be able to plug my iPad in and use that instead of the screen as a workaround for not being able to use ANY apps....nope, does not work. DJI's only suggestion seems to be to buy another controller, which is a completely unacceptable solution.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I completely understand your situation, but a primary survey is necessary before you made the decision.
2017-9-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-5 19:36
I completely understand your situation, but a primary survey is necessary before you made the decision.

What on earth does that mean? More DJI gobbledegook?
2017-9-5
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Huh?
It was clear from the beginning, that it is not possible to install other software beside the GO Apps on the P4P+.
Thats why i bought the regular P4P and use it with an IPad.
GS Pro as is, is an Ipad App. So it will never work on P4P+.

With all respect, did you do any research before buying your P4P+?
2017-9-5
Use props
JAG-Flyer
New
United States

Skyclip Posted at 2017-9-5 23:35
Huh?
It was clear from the beginning, that it is not possible to install other software beside the GO Apps on the P4P+.
Thats why i bought the regular P4P and use it with an IPad.

Thanks for the reply Skyclip

Here's the deal:
Of course I researched the product before purchase. Clearly I missed this detail. At the end of the day, these are first world problems. I'm not losing any sleep over this. I DO think that despite my mistakes while researching the product, when paying premium prices, one could reasonably expect to reap the benefits of whatever standard model exists PLUS (see what I did there?) additional benefits. I know of no such products that charge you more and provide less.

At the very least, if 3rd party apps are not supported, they should not require you to purchase another controller. I have an iPad, I should be able to plug it in and use it just like I would be able to do with a non-Plus product. At that point, it's my own fault for not being able to use the attached screen, but my controller shouldn't be rendered completely useless.

At the end of the day, these are just unfortunate oversights that will either take time to be worked out or never get worked out. I know which one I'd put my money on.
2017-9-7
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I get where you are coming from. In the end you have to decide: 1. sell the controller and buy a regular one 2. use google and look for a solution to install other apps. You are not the first one, who wants to sideload other apps. ;-)
2017-9-7
Use props
Howard Hughes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2153209 ft
United States

I just bought a pro coltroller without the plus screen and use it for 3rd party apps. I use the plus controller most of the time, but still have the option.
Good luck in finding a solution
2017-9-7
Use props
REDBARON0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2456043 ft
Canada

I'm very happy with my P4P+ remote :

Faster in field deployment  : especially in uncontrolled environments. This alone can be
THE difference.

Brighter screen .

And have a look here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2953560-P4-Pro-and-OSMO-Video-Bundle&perpage=50#post38243833
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules