Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
what's a good ipad minimum?
2313 11 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pegasus79
lvl.1

United States

As the title says what's a good ipad minimum requirememnts?  I'm an amputee and don't have my own cellphone so my brother and I were using his.  But the DJI GO 4 app completely froze his phone and he had to remove it sunday.  We just got the spark drone last wednesday.  

We have a tablet but it's LG and not compatible and I dunno how many gigs it or his phone has.  I was looking on ebay but wondering what's good gig requirements you all recommend?

2017-9-5
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

@ Pegasus79 - I Fly both my MavicPro & Spark with an iPad Mini 4.  I have both Cellular and WiFi only iPad Mini 4s and they have plenty of “horsepower” to control both drones.  If you can find a deal  on the iPad Mini 4 Cellular, it will show you real time where your aircraft is, without ever having had a SIM chip in it - it has built-in GPS capability, where the WiFi only model requires you to download any maps via WiFi, prior to flying.

RAM isn’t always a factor - but I’m a believer that more is always better!  I keep Only the bare bones Apple programs and what I need to fly on the iPads.  Both of mine are 128 GB models.

I’ve seen other pilots who have used the iPad Mini 2, but the screen resolution is low and the processor is very overworked in that model when controlling a quadcopter.

Good, Safe Flying!

2017-9-5
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I use my son's ist Gen iPad mini and it works great ..
2017-9-5
Use props
Pegasus79
lvl.1

United States

You know what would be cool is having the ability to use my computer to fly it, but a laptop would do the same job obviously.  If there was the software to do it.  That I could fly with, or those goggles I heard about.
2017-9-5
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-5 09:31

???
You sure first gen??
GO app 4 works only Ipad Mini 2 and up.

I am pretty sure GO app 3 works on the Mini First gen.
And i am pretty sure the Spark is only available on the GO app 4.
2017-9-5
Use props
djiuser_MdK1nqA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2030272 ft
Canada

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-5 09:31

How did you manage to install the DJI app on this Ipad Mini. Are you sure you are using this tablet? I tried to install the app but it says not compatible.
2017-9-5
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-9-5 16:13
???
You sure first gen??
GO app 4 works only Ipad Mini 2 and up.

Checked last night and its iPad Mini 2 .. my mistake .. sorry for the confusion
2017-9-6
Use props
Nick779
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459610 ft
United States

I was going to say, I have the first ipad with the lightning connector + cellular, and its not compatible with DJI go 4.
2017-9-6
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not sure if the DJI go4 app is compatible but maybe you could use a Android emulator to fly from your PC

http://www.androidauthority.com/ ... tors-for-pc-655308/

you may also need the apkpure to donwload the app depending on what emulator you try

https://apkpure.com/
2017-9-6
Use props
djiuser_xZC3GOxUFiC9
New

India

Yes emulators is best way to use android/iPhone apps in mac/windows pc.
2019-3-1
Use props
djiuser_xZC3GOxUFiC9
New

India

lannes Posted at 2017-9-6 05:48
Not sure if the DJI go4 app is compatible but maybe you could use a Android emulator to fly from your PC

http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-emulators-for-pc-655308/

Yes good collection of emulators I love BlueStacks
2019-3-1
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

iPad mini 2 or newer... I would say spend money to get more memory rather than the newest model.  Wifi only will work.. but only the cellular ones have GPS built in... so if you want the maps and find my drone to work get a cellular model
2020-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules