Zombie Land
1033 14 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Surrealplaces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 908819 ft
Canada

Smoke from nearby forest fires has given the city of Calgary an apocalyptic zombie land feeling.

2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nice video. More smoothly flying will be better to avoid propeller shadows. Thanks for sharing!
2017-9-5
Use props
Bracco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Nice video! Dji Susan is right, try to fly smoothly ;)
2017-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
I noticed your horizon was not level.
Like in 0:58
Do you have the often?
2017-9-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Would hate to be breathing that mess.
2017-9-6
Use props
Aerial_Fan
lvl.1

Canada

It's been a crazy summer with all the smoke this year. Smokey out there today also.
2017-9-7
Use props
Surrealplaces
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-5 19:01
Nice video. More smoothly flying will be better to avoid propeller shadows. Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately one of my gimbal cushions came off sometime before the flight and make the recording very shaky. I've replaced it and recordings seem to be smoother again. It seems to have cut down on the propeller shadowing, but there is still some propeller shadowing.
2017-9-7
Use props
Surrealplaces
lvl.3
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-6 04:43
Nice video!
I noticed your horizon was not level.
Like in 0:58

I have had that issue a few times. In this case I believe it was because of the missing gimbal cushion, but I have had to play around with the gimbal tilt setting a few times.
2017-9-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, here in the Alberta capital city, it recently often gets pretty cloudy with all the BC forest fires burning out of control.
It can be like a thin veil of fog at times too.  Sun is shining bright today, not so much smoke in the air... Thankfully

RedHotPoker
2017-9-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Surrealplaces Posted at 2017-9-7 09:57
Unfortunately one of my gimbal cushions came off sometime before the flight and make the recording very shaky. I've replaced it and recordings seem to be smoother again. It seems to have cut down on the propeller shadowing, but there is still some propeller shadowing.

Two ways to reduce propeller shadowing:
You may fly a little slower, reducing drone cant, or tilt the camera down slightly, which will remove that annoyance.

Good stuff otherwise. Keep at it, will only improve over time.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Surrealplaces Posted at 2017-9-7 10:03
I have had that issue a few times. In this case I believe it was because of the missing gimbal cushion, but I have had to play around with the gimbal tilt setting a few times.

Ah, that explains it
2017-9-7
Use props
Aerial_Fan
lvl.1

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-7 10:18
Yes, here in the Alberta capital city, it recently often gets pretty cloudy with all the BC forest fires burning out of control.
It can be like a thin veil of fog at times too.  Sun is shining bright today, not so much smoke in the air... Thankfully

It's been crazy this year. Almost every day in august has been smokey.
2017-9-8
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Nice vid... and the music matched perfectly.... Loved it
2017-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Aerial_Fan Posted at 2017-9-8 07:43
It's been crazy this year. Almost every day in august has been smokey.

If there is a blessing in this, it's a great reminder to be extra careful outdoors, where fire is concerned.
Even a lit smoke tossed out the window of a car, could potentially be a disaster waiting to happen.

The losses to the logging/forestry industry are immense. How do you even begin to calculate the timber lost?

RedHotPoker
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Surrealplaces Posted at 2017-9-7 09:57

Thanks for clarification. I will lookforward more wonderful videos from you.
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules