Corrupted Video files
5734 29 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

How can we get the footage from a corrupted file on the phone? You the transmitted file on the phone. I had to video files I'd like to try and recover. But times the app crashed and the video files are corrupted. They don't play in VLC or any player that I have. Does anyone know how I can get these to play?
Can anyone help me? I crashed my drone in a lake (totally my fault). Without the drone I can use a claim for my DJI Refresh Care. I didn't put state farm on it. I was suppose to this week. But I feel really stupid.

2017-9-5
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

There is a way.  I remember several people getting a piece of software from either support or the forum admin folks to do that.  They should just post it on the support page for download.
2017-9-5
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-9-5 13:35
There is a way.  I remember several people getting a piece of software from either support or the forum admin folks to do that.  They should just post it on the support page for download.

Thanks!!

Does anyone know what software he's talking about?

I feel so stupid for this crashing this time. I think because I can't recover it. Makes it worst.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

For IOS devices, you can export cached videos through iTunes: Go to Media Device – Applications – DJI GO – Video Cache – and click Save.

As for Android devices, you can find the video cache from here: phone\DJI\dji.pilot/DJI_RECORD.

Please come back to us if there is any further questions.
2017-9-5
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-5 22:29
For IOS devices, you can export cached videos through iTunes: Go to Media Device – Applications – DJI GO – Video Cache – and click Save.

As for Android devices, you can find the video cache from here: phone\DJI\dji.pilot/DJI_RECORD.

Hey Susan,

I have the files already. It's just that they are corrupted. You can tell they have video. But the headers must be missing. So the video won't play.
2017-9-6
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-9-6 07:32
There are several commercial tools that will fix unclosed video files, but if you're lucky you might be able to use VLC to convert the file (rather than opening it), thus saving a closed version:

https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/repair-corrupt-video-file-vlc-media-player/

A Both of those  links you posted are paid programs. They were 60 dollars after letting me install it on my computer and fixed my video and then wouldn't let me veiw it without paying lol
2017-9-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-9-6 04:44
Hey Susan,

I have the files already. It's just that they are corrupted. You can tell they have video. But the headers must be missing. So the video won't play.

There are several commercial tools that will fix unclosed video files, but if you're lucky you might be able to use VLC to convert the file (rather than opening it), thus saving a closed version:

https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog ... e-vlc-media-player/

Here's another article that might be useful: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-corrupt-videos/

Good luck!
2017-9-6
Use props
Hotelone4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47320 ft
United States

Basic VLC is free and opens a ton of different CODEC's.
2017-9-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-9-6 07:31
A Both of those  links you posted are paid programs. They were 60 dollars after letting me install it on my computer and fixed my video and then wouldn't let me veiw it without paying lol

VLC costs money these days?
2017-9-6
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-9-6 07:57
VLC costs money these days?

Sorry I meant that was the first thing I tired. Didn't work. The stellar thing I also tired before posting. But I'll try VLC again on another computer. Thanks guys!
2017-9-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-9-6 09:15
Sorry I meant that was the first thing I tired. Didn't work. The stellar thing I also tired before posting. But I'll try VLC again on another computer. Thanks guys!

VLC didn't open my corrupted video, either, but that article I linked to uses VLC in a different manner than I tried back then that might have worked had I known that method.  
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-9-6 04:44
Hey Susan,

Have you contacted our support to report the accident? If yes, I would recommend you to send the corrupted videos to the support before trying to recover it.
2017-9-8
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-9-6 07:32

https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/repair-corrupt-video-file-vlc-media-player/

Handy to know
2017-9-8
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-8 03:11
Have you contacted our support to report the accident? If yes, I would recommend you to send the corrupted videos to the support before trying to recover it.

I didn't contact support because I crashed the drone in a lake (totally my fault). I have refresh care on it. But because I don't have the drone (it's at the bottom of the Lake. You can't swim in the Lake) I can't get a replacement (from what I've seen).  I guess I'll contact them and see what they say. Thanks

Also the website doesn't have any prompts if you don't have a drone. So what do I do?

2017-9-8
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

Can anyone help me here? If I've lost the drone in a lake. Am I stuck? DId I just lose out on any way of replacing it?
2017-9-11
Use props
finlayson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95331 ft
United States

I have free software that can repair many corrupted DJI video files: http://djifix.live555.com/
2017-9-11
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

finlayson Posted at 2017-9-11 06:59
I have free software that can repair many corrupted DJI video files: http://djifix.live555.com/

Wow!! Thank you so much for sharing this!! Nice job on the user who created this.

So I recovered the footage. Sucks... It doesn't capture the part when I crashed it lol. So I guess I'm out of 1,000 dollars.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do now? I've been creating so many awesome videos. It hurts me that I can't get aerial footage now.  
2017-9-12
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-5 22:29

We know how to get to the files.  The problem is that if your app shuts down before you turn video off or you turn the drone off before you turn video off, the video is corrupted.  Someone in support sent a forum member a software to fix the corruption and make the video usable.  They should just include it on the Mavic Pro support page on the website.
2017-9-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

finlayson Posted at 2017-9-11 06:59

Awesome work -- thanks!
2017-9-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-9-12 07:29
Wow!! Thank you so much for sharing this!! Nice job on the user who created this.

So I recovered the footage. Sucks... It doesn't capture the part when I crashed it lol. So I guess I'm out of 1,000 dollars.

Sorry to read this -- her anything from DJI yet?
2017-9-12
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-9-12 11:42
Sorry to read this -- her anything from DJI yet?

Nothing.... I have Refresh Care... But I'm sure they don't honor it if you don't have the drone. Which in this case I don't. I was going to put state farm insurance but that's too late now smh.  
2017-9-12
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-9-12 09:53
We know how to get to the files.  The problem is that if your app shuts down before you turn video off or you turn the drone off before you turn video off, the video is corrupted.  Someone in support sent a forum member a software to fix the corruption and make the video usable.  They should just include it on the Mavic Pro support page on the website.

Totally agree!! I'm going back and restoring all of my old corrupted videos.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-9-8 09:29
I didn't contact support because I crashed the drone in a lake (totally my fault). I have refresh care on it. But because I don't have the drone (it's at the bottom of the Lake. You can't swim in the Lake) I can't get a replacement (from what I've seen).  I guess I'll contact them and see what they say. Thanks

Also the website doesn't have any prompts if you don't have a drone. So what do I do?

Sorry about this. DJI Care Refresh requires to send in the damaged drone. I'm afraid that we may not be able to help you.
2017-9-13
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-13 01:04
Sorry about this. DJI Care Refresh requires to send in the damaged drone. I'm afraid that we may not be able to help you.

We are not talking about a damaged drone!  We are talking about the video files that are corrupted if the app shuts down while recording.  That causes the file to be left "open" and therefore will not play nor is editable.

Support has a program that fixes that.  There are some third party vendors, but I am paranoid about third party software that could be a Trojan horse.
2017-9-13
Use props
finlayson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95331 ft
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-9-13 05:19
We are not talking about a damaged drone!  We are talking about the video files that are corrupted if the app shuts down while recording.  That causes the file to be left "open" and therefore will not play nor is editable.

Support has a program that fixes that.  There are some third party vendors, but I am paranoid about third party software that could be a Trojan horse.

"Support has a program that fixes that."

Out of curiosity - do you have a link to this?

"There are some third party vendors, but I am paranoid about third party software that could be a Trojan horse"

Just FYI - as the author of the "djifix" software - I can say categorically that this is not a 'Trojan Horse'.  In fact, I also supply the source code - so it's possible to compile the application yourself.

2017-9-17
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

finlayson Posted at 2017-9-17 01:07
"Support has a program that fixes that."

Out of curiosity - do you have a link to this?

Wow - I am impressed!  No, I don't have their software.  I just remember seeing it referenced once by one of the monitors on a post where they were trying to fix the corrupted video.  If they don't have it they should get yours and post it on support ( I would assume they might pay you for it)

Thanks, Bill
2017-9-17
Use props
CoolMitchelle
New

India

Recently when i'm transferring videos from my CANON 1300D several of my video files got corrupted and i used so many tools to repair those corrupted files but unsuccessful everytime and after searching for more then 24 hours on internet i finally founded this  video repair tool which help to repair my damaged video files and the good part i can see the preview of my repaired file as well http://bit.ly/2wpMbPA
2018-1-27
Use props
CAN007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91699 ft
Canada

Here is a video on how to use the software... step by step...
2018-5-21
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

I'm bumping this because this just happen to me again. And my James Bond island footage got corrupted on my honeymoon. I don't know why DJI can't created a tool or have something in place to stop this from happening.
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo
lvl.2

India

Hey…Looks like your video file must be corrupted or damaged. So, to fix MP4 or other video files, you have to simply follow the below steps using VLC to gain accessibility to video file.
•        First make a copy of original video files
•        Then, Rename that video file to another video file format
•        After that, launch the VLC player
•       Now, select VLC> Preferences>Input or Codecs >Save
•        Choose Always Fix option

After finishing these steps, you will get your video file repaired.

2020-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules