Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThorAnders
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13629 ft
Sweden

ThorAnders Posted at 2017-9-29 03:22
Hi, I downloaded and installed

as the link recommended above V 4.5.1, Then the app can't download the resource file from some server, it tells me to check internet connection, and I have that. How shall i do to install the resource file needed, is it removed from the server?

2017-9-29
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-29
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ThorAnders Posted at 2017-9-29 03:27
as the link recommended above V 4.5.1, Then the app can't download the resource file from some server, it tells me to check internet connection, and I have that. How shall i do to install the resource file needed, is it removed from the server?

Please try this link and download the app:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymau5f ... 1.5.3_guan.apk?dl=0
2017-9-29
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2017-9-29
Use props
ThorAnders
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-20 00:10
We recommended some Android users download 4.1.5 version of app and update the RC. And they solved the problem,too. Sorry that it took some time for our engineers to test the solution. Thanks for support.

Hi, I downloaded version 4.1.5 of the app as per the link above https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/, opened it, then it tries to download a resource file from a server. The resource file won't download - the app says I don't have internet connection - but I sure have. Is there any other link to app V 4.1.5 WITH possibility to download the needed resource file? I'm still stuck on 5 % firmware upgrade of the RC...
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ThorAnders Posted at 2017-9-29 03:36
Hi, I downloaded version 4.1.5 of the app as per the link above https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-5-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-5-android-apk-download/, opened it, then it tries to download a resource file from a server. The resource file won't download - the app says I don't have internet connection - but I sure have. Is there any other link to app V 4.1.5 WITH possibility to download the needed resource file? I'm still stuck on 5 % firmware upgrade of the RC...

Did you try the link I post previously in 44#?
Or you can check here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymau5f ... 1.5.3_guan.apk?dl=0
If it doesn't work either, please inform us.
2017-9-29
Use props
ThorAnders
lvl.1
Sweden

Thanks, I followed the new Dropbox link, it says: 404 we dont find what you are looking for.
2017-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-29 03:32
Bud you are lucky that some of the DJI “hyper loyal” customers here don’t eat you alive... normally when you complain in here you are either too dumb to fly or you haven’t read any small letter of the constantly changing manual... if you dear to crash... oh boy, pilot error.

Lost WiFi connection? Pilot error.

Might be time to lift the chip of your shoulder, I’m sure there are better ways to try sort your problems out.

Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.”
2017-9-29
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2017-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-29 08:50
I see you understood that you belong to that special  “close group”... you really felt an urge to lick some a** again don’t you?I guess you belong to the “I don’t care”... funny but ignoring what is happening or censoring others opinions do not solve the problem. If you don’t like my comments and they bother you, perhaps you should consider not reading them... or use those Osmo of yours to relax a little bit ;)

There’s no specific chip, when things work as advertised companies should get props for it, when things are a joke, people should react. Of course if you attack everyone having issues, DJI will give you some nice stickers for your bedroom.

Our boy walked away with 100 million dollars, not bad for talking !

When you first had your problems I tried helping so maybe I don’t belong to any category, but it’s reached a stage where your beginning to sound like an old record, I must say there are very few around here with the same problem as you, maybe people are trying a different approach to sorting out there problems.
But carry on by all means maybe it will get you where your going.
2017-9-29
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-29 03:32
Bud you are lucky that some of the DJI “hyper loyal” customers here don’t eat you alive... normally when you complain in here you are either too dumb to fly or you haven’t read any small letter of the constantly changing manual... if you dear to crash... oh boy, pilot error.

Lost WiFi connection? Pilot error.

You bring up a number of issues in your post that are worth discussing and addressing.

I know that it can seem that many of us are all "pro-dji" or "it's always the pilot".  That's a natural consequence of complex systems where humans are involved.

One of the things I learned from my days working for an airline is that for any and every accident, there is never one single event that causes an accident.  It is always a chain of events.  And another axiom is that every event in the chain involves some human interaction.

In the case of the spark, it is not necessarily the pilot/human that's in error, it could be (theoretically) the writer of the documentation (if there's a documentation defect), or the tester of the device, etc.  But in most instances we find that the pilot played a part in the incident.  Be it improper calibration, improper flight location, violation of regulations, etc.  There have been some instances where an incident appears to be purely related to the hardware, but in most instances there is some level of contribution by the pilot.

We hope that the forum participants are open minded and receptive to our evaluation, even if we think that there's some pilot responsibility.
2017-9-29
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2017-9-29
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2017-9-29
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-29 11:25
Charles unfortunately you are one of the guys around here that keeps defending DJI... the good thing is that you are the most polite of the “gang’ (I am joking) and you NEVER attack anyone or show any disrespect. Others like my friend Halmark tend to be more aggressive and non so “open minded” as you describe.

I am a Divemaster and I used to fly ultralights as a teenager. I still do some club racing with a 200bhp motorcycle so I know a couple of things about pilot error... the things happening with the Spark are far away from being my responsibility. This is my 3D DJI product and I’ve NEVER experienced anything like this. The fact that the drone loses the WiFi connection and everything “collapses” simultaneously with it is inexplicable (positioning sensors, gps, etc)

At least I'm polite

I have offered criticism of DJI where I found it justified.  In particular, I'm not fond of their insistence on keeping defects unverified.  I'm not particularly fond of their reliance on scripted communications (though I do understand the business justification).

So hopefully I'm balanced.
2017-9-29
Use props
ThorAnders
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-29 03:58
Did you try the link I post previously in 44#?
Or you can check here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymau5f ... 1.5.3_guan.apk?dl=0
If it doesn't work either, please inform us.

Thanks DJI Elektra, back again 1 ½ weeks later after some vacation. I tried first to download your dropbox file via the phone, that was not possible, the phone could not find the file. The computer could however find the file, then I was able to download and install all upgrades of the firmware, so now my Spark is up and running. So, thanks a lot DJI Elektra, you solved my problem!
2017-10-8
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20308 ft
Sweden

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-6 07:30
Addendum: Here is the link  https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-5-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-5-android-apk-download/
The problem only occurs with the latest version of the Android App, the iOS version works well according to all reports here.
And forget about updating using an OTG cable, it definitely does not work!

@Wachtberger
I was so happy to see your tip with the older APK. My Spark and Controller came just 6 hours ago and I experienced the exact problem when I tried to upgrade the controller.

But it did not install on my Android tablet, a Samsung Tab S2. The error message said that the package seemed to be corrupt. I saw that the web page had two 4.1.5 APKs. 102558 and 2025558. I tried both of them and none worked.

I am aware that yor tip helped different users here, but I was not so fortunate. Any ideas, anybody?
2017-10-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Rolfr Posted at 2017-10-10 14:51
@Wachtberger
I was so happy to see your tip with the older APK. My Spark and Controller came just 6 hours ago and I experienced the exact problem when I tried to upgrade the controller.

Is the very latest App Version 4.1.10 available in your Playstore? I would assume that the bug is fixed in that version. At least it is worth to try.
2017-10-10
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20308 ft
Sweden

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-10 22:58
Is the very latest App Version 4.1.10 available in your Playstore? I would assume that the bug is fixed in that version. At least it is worth to try.

Yes the ver. 4.1.10 is in Google Play for Android. That was the one I downloaded yesterday and had all the problems with. I see also that many people had the same problem with it; 5% upgrade and then stop. Not installable to Samsung Tab S2 that I also tried yesterday. - So I am happy that your tip with the old 4.1.5 really worked with my Samsung S5 phone.
2017-10-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Rolfr Posted at 2017-10-11 06:03
Yes the ver. 4.1.10 is in Google Play for Android. That was the one I downloaded yesterday and had all the problems with. I see also that many people had the same problem with it; 5% upgrade and then stop. Not installable to Samsung Tab S2 that I also tried yesterday. - So I am happy that your tip with the old 4.1.5 really worked with my Samsung S5 phone.

Too bad that this bug is not yet fixed but happy to hear that you managed to do it with the older version.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ThorAnders Posted at 2017-10-8 23:39
Thanks DJI Elektra, back again 1 ½ weeks later after some vacation. I tried first to download your dropbox file via the phone, that was not possible, the phone could not find the file. The computer could however find the file, then I was able to download and install all upgrades of the firmware, so now my Spark is up and running. So, thanks a lot DJI Elektra, you solved my problem!

Glad your problem was solved. Feel free to ask more questions in the forum. Thanks for your support.
2017-10-11
Use props
joebear
lvl.1
United States

scorpionro Posted at 2017-9-6 07:08
I also had a hell of a time getting my unit to work. The QR code didn't work (apparently it doesn't work for a lot of people), so I had to disconnect the unit from the remote and reset the WiFi settings (click battery button once, then hold the battery button for around 10 seconds - it should been once, then been twice, finally beep three times), which made the unit visible to my phone (iOS, so not sure if it would work for Android). From there everything worked nicely. I was able to update the Spark and the 1st battery. Then I've linked the remote, connected to the remote WiFi and updated it. Finally I have attached the 2nd battery and updated its firmware. Hopefully resetting the WiFi & re-linking the remote will do the trick for you.

I got my Brand new spark today at 2pm Arizona time.  And OMG!!!! what a nightmare!!!!! I couldn't get the mandatory update to work at all.  Tried with the controller my new Sparky came with...nothing....tried with  the assistant program from DJI.com....nothing.  Tried plugging in the drone directly into my Mac which didn't work either.  Tried with DJI go 4 app....nothing worked.  I screwed around with this for 4 hours until I finally looked online and saw your reply to someone else having the same trouble.  Thank you so much for the information that you posted here.  Otherwise I would probably still be f***ing around with this bulls**t......LOL  Don't they believe in instructions in CHINA?  Thanks again you saved my LIFE!!!  EVERYTHING works great now that I followed your directions.
2017-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules