Is there a place to tell DJI what features we would like?
1165 36 2017-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Is there a place where we could lay out some of the features that we, as pilots, would like to see?  I see a lot of disuccsion on these boards about issues, but I don't hear much about features.  

I would love to be able to layout a flightplan even before I leave my home.  I heard that there is other software that does that but I am usually hesitant in using 3rd party stuff.  
2017-9-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, under the heading of General Support.

Or you could get on the chat program and discuss it with a DJI rep. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-6
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Presumably /dev/null - the same place firmware problems go.
2017-9-6
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-6 13:33
Yes, under the heading of General Support.

Or you could get on the chat program and discuss it with a DJI rep. Ha

That's an idea.... See where it takes me... Thanks
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you want to set a Waypoint Mission before you fly the drone, we have an app named GS Pro, you can learn more here: https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro
We are also welcome any other feedbacks to our drone, so should you have any ideas, please let us know. We will help to forward it to our engineer.
2017-9-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-6 14:08
That's an idea.... See where it takes me... Thanks

Yes, you may get some positive replies and hear from others with future requests...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-7
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-6 19:10
If you want to set a Waypoint Mission before you fly the drone, we have an app named GS Pro, you can learn more here: https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro
We are also welcome any other feedbacks to our drone, so should you have any ideas, please let us know. We will help to forward it to our engineer.

Hi Thor

Can you please advise how to get that IOS app running on our P4P+, the plus has to be positive when beeing very expensive but seem only to include drawbacks!
2017-9-11
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

I have the app and have been looking at it at my kitchen table.  I will try to fly with it later today.  Do you know if the flights I have will sync with DJI?  I don't see where I sync my flights up.  I asked the forum if they had any opinions on the software and haven't gotten any reply yet.  It makes me a little nervous that the DJI app isn't even rated (too few folks).  I do NOT want a flyaway or for it to go dead on me....
2017-9-11
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

There was an "open vote" earlier last month on whether or not to create a new "firmware issues" category based off of someone's suggestion.  It seemed like most people were in favor of it, but I don't know if anything was done about it.
Also you can contact DJI via their technical support and they can guide you to the right email or contact source.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

KEDDK Posted at 2017-9-11 04:39
Hi Thor

Can you please advise how to get that IOS app running on our P4P+, the plus has to be positive when beeing very expensive but seem only to include drawbacks!

Sorry, it doesn't support Android device at the moment. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-11 09:33
I have the app and have been looking at it at my kitchen table.  I will try to fly with it later today.  Do you know if the flights I have will sync with DJI?  I don't see where I sync my flights up.  I asked the forum if they had any opinions on the software and haven't gotten any reply yet.  It makes me a little nervous that the DJI app isn't even rated (too few folks).  I do NOT want a flyaway or for it to go dead on me....

Flight records only generated when the drone connects to the DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app at present. They will not be generated when using DJI GS Pro. But flight data will reserve on the drone. So I suggest flying the drone in a place with good GPS signal and in the visual range if possible. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-9-12
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-12 00:43
Flight records only generated when the drone connects to the DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app at present. They will not be generated when using DJI GS Pro. But flight data will reserve on the drone. So I suggest flying the drone in a place with good GPS signal and in the visual range if possible. Thanks for your kind understanding.

Can you tell the bosses that it would be a really cool feature to add?   (please?).

Thanks
2017-9-12
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-12
Use props
TD88
New

United States

DroneDeploy will do waypoints! I think it's designed for farmers and surveyors, but it's fairly user friendly.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-12 05:15
Can you tell the bosses that it would be a really cool feature to add?   (please?).

Thanks

We understand that. Hope we will add the logic of generating flight records on GS Pro in the future.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-9-12 16:53
How about telling your bosses that as an added "feature" we want the Smart RTH toggle back in the app. And as a bonus, how about fixing the horrible downlink after the firmware update 3 months ago.

While you're at it- how about some actual quality control? That would be an amazing feature!!!

May I know what's the model of your drone? There is always a toggle for RTH on the left of the app. Not sure if you meant that. And could you please tell more details about the downlink of your drone? I would love to help more. For the QC, our drone must be tested and make sure that is qualified for sale before selling. But I will also forward it to the related department to pay more attention to it. Thank you for your kindness.
2017-9-14
Use props
shamot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1515246 ft
Czechia

great, can you get this application to PLUS version of Phantom series ?
2017-9-14
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

2017-9-14
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

2017-9-14
Use props
Miked2111
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307904 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Thor,

I fly the p4pro+ which is a very good system with the built in screen that DJI have produced. I like may others with this model Phantom 4
find it so frustrating that DJI have such poor app inclusion for it, do you think that in the very near future DJI would been able to include
DJI Ground Station pro as part of the basic system as we are not able to add 3rd party apps.
You would think as GS pro is one DJI now products it would include it as part of the basic setup.

Can you let us know your thoughts or if you can pass this request on to the relevant team.

Miked2111
2017-9-14
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-14 01:42
We understand that. Hope we will add the logic of generating flight records on GS Pro in the future.

I work in IT, and I know sometimes the simple features really are more complex than the users think.  I also know that it's a balance between value and cost.  But for me, I think it would be a good useful feature.
2017-9-14
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

Miked2111 Posted at 2017-9-14 04:06
Hi Thor,

I fly the p4pro+ which is a very good system with the built in screen that DJI have produced. I like may others with this model Phantom 4

Yeah.... that is something that OUGHT to be there... if you are flying DJI, using P4P+ (100% DJI) then you ought to be able to use the DJI flight apps, without any difficulty...

As a user, I would expect this.... I don't have the P4P+, but if I did, I would expect it.  
2017-9-14
Use props
Miked2111
lvl.3
United Kingdom

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-14 04:42
Yeah.... that is something that OUGHT to be there... if you are flying DJI, using P4P+ (100% DJI) then you ought to be able to use the DJI flight apps, without any difficulty...

As a user, I would expect this.... I don't have the P4P+, but if I did, I would expect it.

It would be interesting to find out DJI thinking as to why have an RC with built in screen,
which costs £ 300 more than the normal RC and not include one if their own app's( GS pro)
that a professional pilot would find very useful. But put on some 3rd party app's like Facebook, WeChat,ect,ect that are no use at all to a professional pilot.
2017-9-14
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Is GS Pro available for the Crystal Sky ?

I've been using Litchi for missions.
2017-9-14
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

Miked2111 Posted at 2017-9-14 05:34
It would be interesting to find out DJI thinking as to why have an RC with built in screen,
which costs £ 300 more than the normal RC and not include one if their own app's( GS pro)
that a professional pilot would find very useful. But put on some 3rd party app's like Facebook, WeChat,ect,ect that are no use at all to a professional pilot.

I don't have the + so I was not aware of what it has, but if it HAS Facebook, then that tells you what THEY thought was important.... I can picture the meeting now.... "And after they fly, they will want to post their pics to Facebook for all their friends to see and share!"   Yeah, it means they didn't consider their audience very well.  
Sharing pics is fine... but if your drone is a tool, then it's for work and needs to have those industrial features, not just chat rooms and social media....
2017-9-14
Use props
Miked2111
lvl.3
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-14 05:41

After looking at a few other post, as the very good bright Crystal Sky divine run on android,
unfortunately  like the p4p+ screen it will Not so its not available.
I am not understanding DJI business plan in making dives and equipment to a high standard
but lets not let any pilots use it to its true potential, they are missing out and will in the end loss
pilots to other platforms.
2017-9-14
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

Miked2111 Posted at 2017-9-14 08:39
After looking at a few other post, as the very good bright Crystal Sky divine run on android,
unfortunately  like the p4p+ screen it will Not so its not available.
I am not understanding DJI business plan in making dives and equipment to a high standard

I agree, I have been thinking about retiring my P3P for a new P4P, I will be doing some serious looking around at other options for my choice of a new drone to replace her. I will however fly my Mavic until the props are nothing but residual nubs and continue using the P3P for now.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

shamot Posted at 2017-9-14 02:41
great, can you get this application to PLUS version of Phantom series ?

No, as you can see the introduction of this app, this is an iOS app, can not be applied to an Android device, and the built-in screen RC owns Android system, so it is not available at the moment. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-9-14 03:34
Thor- there is no SMART RTH toggle for the P4Pro in the battery menu now.  Ever since the last firmware.

Thanks for illustration. Yes, this option is canceled but this function is allowed by default. If you don't want the drone RTH when it prompts, you can cancel it when the message pops up.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Miked2111 Posted at 2017-9-14 04:06
Hi Thor,

Our engineers are aware of this case. I will also forward this need to our engineers to let them know the customer's need. Hope we will support Android device in the future.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-14 05:41

I've been using Litchi for missions.

Sorry, not available at the moment.
2017-9-15
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

Yes, Litchi allows Waypoint Missions, very user friendly and stable, web based mission setup at Litchi Mission Hub, many pilots are using it, it also does 360° panoramic stills. If your drone is new and still under warranty or have DJI Care Refresh they may give you an issue should something go wrong during a flight as they always say 3rd Party Apps will void warranty.
2017-9-15
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

2017-9-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There are various posts about 'wishlist for drone XX' on this forum.
But I'm not sure weather you will see anything in future updates because of a suggestion.
2017-9-15
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-15 04:49
There are various posts about 'wishlist for drone XX' on this forum.
But I'm not sure weather you will see anything in future updates because of a suggestion.

Yeah.... I understand... I wish I could get on as a user who gets asked their opinions about stuff... about features I use, those I don't and what I would like to see.  I would REALLY like that.
2017-9-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-15 07:00
Yeah.... I understand... I wish I could get on as a user who gets asked their opinions about stuff... about features I use, those I don't and what I would like to see.  I would REALLY like that.

That would be nice indeed.
In the Spark forum there is a thread started by a DJI moderator about what you would want to add to Spark, so you might think DJI will do something with it.
I am not sure however, as they won't tell about what they are working on.
2017-9-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is the thread I'm referring to.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-101890-1-1.html
2017-9-15
Use props
Advanced