Active Track Gesture Mode Failure
834 5 2017-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

I did a palm launch, waved the spark away, and had it follow me. Since i had reverse flying turned off, when i walked towards it, the gimbal just panned down to follow me. After i walked under it, it lost me. I walked back around to the front and even tried walking under the gimbal and beckoned it multiple times. No luck. It was stuck out of reach and hovering in the air. I had to go back to get my remote, so i could land it manually.
2017-9-6
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

I've since turned reverse flying on, but I feel like this is something that the firmware should address. If it loses its subject, why would the gimbal not conduct an area scan until the subject was reaquired?
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Did you check the color of indicator of your spark? Be aware that dark clothes and clothes which may absorb infrared light will affect the performance.
Please confirm your process by viewing this video:

2017-9-6
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

Funny how dark clothing is not recommended, and your demonstrator is wearing a dark blue shirt
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

brasda91 Posted at 2017-9-6 21:21
Funny how dark clothing is not recommended, and your demonstrator is wearing a dark blue shirt

It's possible that dark clothes will have the interference. And lower the interference is necessary during flight.
2017-9-6
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

It's not clothing. I've been on about this for ages. If it loses you no amount of gestures regain connection. The gimbal points down , but even if you can get right underneath, no result.
Green lights at front do not recur.
Results vary if you wait . On low batt mine may just land, or may attempt RTH.
It may climb or not. Once it began to fly away and quick rc power up caught it. Given up on gesture.
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules