Spark Remote stuck at 5% when updating
1094405 1094405 2017-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TVqeIOC
New
United States

Purchase spark for bachelor party in Cabo.  After 4 hours I finally get it to fly.  Went for a test run the next day it wants me to update remote.  I have a Samsung S8+.  I connect to RC wifi and start update.  Beeps continuously and gets stuck at 5%. Tried restarting several times and I get the same thing.  Even erased then redownloaded the app.  If I knew I had to be a rocket scientist to get some aerial shots I wouldn't have purchased. Spent countless hours trying to figure this out and the dji online assistant wasn't any help.  Please help
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Please try to change a mobile device to update your RC or reinstall your app. If the problem still here, keep us updated. Thanks.
2017-9-6
Use props
craig spark
New
Australia

Hi.

Bought mine yesterday and tried to upload the firmware to my RC and the same thing happens. High pitch noise from RC and stuck at 5%
2017-9-6
Use props
craig spark
New
Australia

I have deleted the app and reinstalled it and it now comes up with.

IMPORT NOTICE TO SPARK USERS

Please update your firmware now. You Spark will not fly after Friday Sept 2 unless you download and install the latest firmware update (version 01.00.0600) for your aircraft and its batteries etc etc.

My controller will still not update firmware.

Please help me !
2017-9-6
Use props
fansa0d59eaa
New
Flight distance : 272687 ft
Brazil

I have same problem, i updated the spark and batteries ok , but controller turn off after several minutes trying update on 5% . I'm very disapointed, i never fly my spark and have issues with this update.
2017-9-6
Use props
vasi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16099 ft

This was discussed in several threads, please read/search before you create a new topic.
The new version of Android DJI GO (4.1.8)  has a bug and cannot update anything with it.
You need to delete and reinstall the previous version (4.1.5.).
You can download it here:
apkmirror
2017-9-6
Use props
WezC
New
United Kingdom

Same problem here, I am now on the 3rd Spark. Disgusting for a £700.00 item. Tried 3 different phones and one Tab A to update it.

Argos are fed up with me.
2017-9-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

The RC Firmware update does not work with the latest Android DJI GO 4.1.8. You have to use an older version of the App, no other way to solve the problem! You can find e.g. version 4.1.5 on APK Mirror. Here is the link  https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/ The problem only occurs with the latest version of the Android App, the iOS version works well.
Firmware updates for the RC are not possible with the DJI Assistant! DJI Assistant is the first choice for updatig Spark and Batteries. The RC can only be updated via WiFi connection (no cable connection!).

2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

WezC Posted at 2017-9-6 22:04
Same problem here, I am now on the 3rd Spark. Disgusting for a £700.00 item. Tried 3 different phones and one Tab A to update it.

Argos are fed up with me.

Sorry for the trouble it causes. Please upload your log to dropbox and post the link here. We will help you find out the problem.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

craig spark Posted at 2017-9-6 18:44
I have deleted the app and reinstalled it and it now comes up with.

IMPORT NOTICE TO SPARK USERS

Please try to update your RC with iphone, if you fail to update many times, please provide me the log. We would forward to our engineers for check. Thanks for support.
2017-9-6
Use props
andybrace
New
Flight distance : 148 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue here.  Downloading the mirrored app (version P4 4.1.5 (1025558)) is showing 'failed to get resource file.  Please check your network connection and retry' when I try to load it up.  This is despite my phone having a working wifi connection, which I therefore assume means the resource page/file has been moved/removed and I'm unable to install this app version.  

So, I'm unable to fly the drone whatsoever.  This is after having spent 2 hrs trying to get all the connectivity and firmware upgrades working without any sufficient instructions for Android.  This is absolutely appalling for a product of this value (and considering it seems to work so well using Apple products).  Had I known this beforehand I would never had bought it as I about to go away traveling.

Could you please tell me how am I now able to update the controller firmware considering there are no apps available that can do this?
2017-9-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

I wonder why it has worked for everyone else so far. Sorry that I can't help any further, although I would like to. Maybe you have forgotten to log on to your DJI account in the App? That would explain it all...
2017-9-8
Use props
andybrace
New
Flight distance : 148 ft
United Kingdom

The app doesn't get as far as the login screen, im seeing this issue on the initial app loading screen.
2017-9-11
Use props
fans83409da4
New
Flight distance : 3412 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I am struggling with same. My update gets stuck on 5%.

If I download the old update is this how I get around it? Surely this is sorted by now?
2017-9-15
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Dont hookup to spark or remote yet. Login to app. Then hook up and try fw update
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans83409da4 Posted at 2017-9-15 07:05
Hi I am struggling with same. My update gets stuck on 5%.

If I download the old update is this how I get around it? Surely this is sorted by now?

May I know what's the current version of your APP? I would recommend you to install the 4.1.5 and update again.
2017-9-16
Use props
Volli
New

Denmark

vasi Posted at 2017-9-6 22:00
This was discussed in several threads, please read/search before you create a new topic.
The new version of Android DJI GO (4.1.8)  has a bug and cannot update anything with it.
You need to delete and reinstall the previous version (4.1.5.).

You just saved my day.
I down graded the DJI GO4 app and the firmware update to the controller worked.

Thank's a lott
2017-9-16
Use props
djiuser_5TokhUQ
New
United States

OK, I've read a few forums that say to downgrade the Go 4 version to 4.1.5 on Android, and try the remote upgrade once again.  Tried that with a couple of different 4.1.5 APKs, and every time, I get a message that the Go 4 failed to download a 54 Mb resource file.  Using an Apple device is not an option, as there are no Apple devices in this household.  So, what other options do I have?  Older than 4.1.5?  Drop kick the remote and never use it again?
2017-9-17
Use props
djiuser_5TokhUQ
New
United States

djiuser_5TokhUQ Posted at 2017-9-17 14:10
OK, I've read a few forums that say to downgrade the Go 4 version to 4.1.5 on Android, and try the remote upgrade once again.  Tried that with a couple of different 4.1.5 APKs, and every time, I get a message that the Go 4 failed to download a 54 Mb resource file.  Using an Apple device is not an option, as there are no Apple devices in this household.  So, what other options do I have?  Older than 4.1.5?  Drop kick the remote and never use it again?

Never mind me.  I decided to see what the experience was when going to 4.1.4.  Still got the resource file issue, but it did appear to be making the attempt.  I think it was 10-15 attempts to download before it did finalize.  From there, I was able to update the remote, and later upgrade to 4.1.8.  I'll be sure to keep 4.1.4 around until 4.1.9+ addresses the update issues with Spark/remote.
2017-9-17
Use props
Cheveyboy
New

United States

Hey everyone.  I've read the other threads regarding this ongoing issue, so excuse me for tacking onto the butt end of a new thread regarding this ongoing matter.  But I'm in the same boat with the Android 4.1.5 app not being able to get the resource file.  (I see some other threads with this resource issue, but no solutions)  Its not a matter of logging in, as stated above, it doesn't get that far.  My first thoughts where the paths had been changed, and the old app cant find the new link to where ever the resource files hosted now...  But poster in #19 somehow, out of shear luck got his to update.

Let me get this straight also...  So the PC application can only update the battery and quad, but not the controller?  Who thinks this stuff up?

Am I going to be relegated to dealing with email support?  Or is there a glimmer of hope on the horizon that they're going to fix this Android app some day soon?

Off Topic:  I tell you what, this is pretty sad that a product that revolves around software as heavily as these drones, that the Q&A process in development misses stuff like this.  I tell you what, ever since agile came to town things went downhill...  I'm in the middle of trying to help my father get this brand new Mavic going, and all he see's is $1000 bucks sitting on his kitchen table that can't be returned to the store.  (store policy).  Me, I'm disappointed and embarrassed as a person in a tech field that stuff like this puts a bad taste in peoples mouths, and no matter what going forward (when I get this to work) there's going to be a certain level of distrust in the product that's now irreversible.

Thanks everyone.  Sorry for the moaning.

2017-9-18
Use props
djiuser_412LntE
New
Norway

Same problem here too. Update has stopped at 5% and will not update further. Piping sound comes from RC but nothing happens. I'm losing my patience. This has been a big mistake. Have spent more time on this stupid update, to no use.
People sitting at the support desk must take this seriously and start guiding people how we can fix this. very dissapointed.!!
2017-9-20
Use props
Pascal B.
New
France

Hi, same issue here. 5% no more
2017-9-20
Use props
djiuser_OdnGbKJ
lvl.1
Hong Kong

is it a joke? can i refund this drone?
it should be dji engineering to figure out their app version conflict !
just bought it last Sunday and have the same problem stuck at 5% when updating.

2017-9-21
Use props
ofa30something
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12648 ft
Tanzania

I had the 5% stall on the firmware update when I first bought my Spark. Tried for ages for solution and eventually this is how I fixed it;

Uninstall the DJI app from your phone/tablet
Search for an older version of the DJI app through Google (only the latest version is available in the app stores)
Install the older version and log in.
You should now be able to install the latest firmware versions to your RC and AC
Once they're up to date, uninstall the outdated app
Reinstall the latest version of the app

Worked for me. Hope this helps.
2017-9-21
Use props
GilHor
lvl.1
Réunion

Same issue for me / 5% when updating with Samsung S8+
2017-9-21
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

got latest version of android software 4.1.9 still wont update controller, top dollar for inferior service - $700 dollar paperweight

nexus 7 and MI5
2017-9-21
Use props
ofa30something
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12648 ft
Tanzania

dansmar Posted at 2017-9-21 20:54
got latest version of android software 4.1.9 still wont update controller, top dollar for inferior service - $700 dollar paperweight

nexus 7 and MI5

Did you try what I suggested? See #24
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

dansmar Posted at 2017-9-21 20:54

nexus 7 and MI5

Dansmar, please install the 4.1.5 version of DJI GO 4 and try to update your RC again. Here is the link of the old version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymau5f ... 1.5.3_guan.apk?dl=0
Keep us updated if the problem remains.
2017-9-22
Use props
Marshallsc
New
Flight distance : 486 ft
United States

So I got it to work by downloading the previous version 4.1.5  While this worked--thanks to everyone who answered--DJI should be fairly ashamed of itself for approving a pretty awkward work around for this.  I enjoy flying this, but come on, don't take the fun out of this by constantly spewing "necessary" updates without getting them to work with every version since the one worked with first.  I'm in IT and we always have to test our firmware and patches up and down the new releases.
2017-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Marshallsc Posted at 2017-9-23 10:27
So I got it to work by downloading the previous version 4.1.5  While this worked--thanks to everyone who answered--DJI should be fairly ashamed of itself for approving a pretty awkward work around for this.  I enjoy flying this, but come on, don't take the fun out of this by constantly spewing "necessary" updates without getting them to work with every version since the one worked with first.  I'm in IT and we always have to test our firmware and patches up and down the new releases.

I am a bit surprised too actually. The problem first occurred with Android version 4.1.8 (and only Android, not iOS). There have been many affected and reporting here. It took a few days until DJI support recognised the problem. From that moment onwards I expected a bugfixed App version as soon as possible. Now if version 4.1.9 did not fix the problem as reported here, that is unfortunate indeed.
2017-9-23
Use props
Marshallsc
New
Flight distance : 486 ft
United States

I was on 4.1.9 and it wasn't fixed.
2017-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Version 4.1.10 is out now, but not yet available everywhere on PLaystore. Hopefully at least in that one the bug is fixed!
2017-9-23
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-22 00:00
Dansmar, please install the 4.1.5 version of DJI GO 4 and try to update your RC again. Here is the link of the old version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymau5fkzwt8c12y/DJIGO4_4.1.5.3_guan.apk?dl=0
Keep us updated if the problem remains.

Thank you for the info, it updated using the old software. Will keep the old apk around just in case.

Deleted 4.1.9
Installed 4.1.5 - updated
Deleted 4.1.5 then reinstalled 4.1.9 to fly

Only RC needs updated in 4.1.5 the battery updates etc.. are ok on 4.1.9

As others have said dji assistant 2 is useless for the ,RC
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

dansmar Posted at 2017-9-24 01:58
Thank you for the info, it updated using the old software. Will keep the old apk around just in case.

Deleted 4.1.9

Dansmar, glad you solve the problem. And RC can only update by app. Inform us if you have any question.
2017-9-25
Use props
Dan O
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650768 ft
Romania

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-25 01:04
Dansmar, glad you solve the problem. And RC can only update by app. Inform us if you have any question.

Good info.

Had the same issue with my brand new combo.

Afterwards I was never able to link that RC to the drone, send it back and it was replaced although I succeed to upgrade firmware via v4.1.5

Now once again the new RC is asking for firmware upgrade but I am being anxious to do it again. Was hoping that 4.1.9 will solve the issue but apparently not.

Q: what is that bad if I do not update the RC for now until DJI does not add a version that is running?
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Dan O Posted at 2017-9-25 05:58
Good info.

Had the same issue with my brand new combo.

Dan, please update your RC to the latest version. Or you will fail to link the latest version of your drone. If you encounter any problem, you can contact us.
2017-9-25
Use props
djiuser_xLB95bp
New
Flight distance : 279 ft
Turkey

fansa0d59eaa Posted at 2017-9-6 21:16
I have same problem, i updated the spark and batteries ok , but controller turn off after several minutes trying update on 5% . I'm very disapointed, i never fly my spark and have issues with this update.

hello
i have a some problem.
what can do for that?
please help
2017-9-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

djiuser_xLB95bp Posted at 2017-9-30 01:58
hello
i have a some problem.
what can do for that?

The answer is provided above, just read a bit through the other posts here in this thread.
2017-9-30
Use props
STclk55
New
Turkey

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-30 02:06
The answer is provided above, just read a bit through the other posts here in this thread.

5 min ago I deleted Dji go 4 app
after i installed old version. after I tried to upload to do firmware. and I did it
now ıts ok.
Thank you
2017-9-30
Use props
STclk55
New
Turkey

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-30 02:06

I want to ask one more thing. I am getting a warning that there is a new version right now.
should I install this update?
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules