25818 83 2017-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Username2
New
Flight distance : 32280 ft
United States

craig spark Posted at 2017-9-6 18:44
I have deleted the app and reinstalled it and it now comes up with.

IMPORT NOTICE TO SPARK USERS

This looks like a pretty old thread. So I'm not sure if this is still a big issue.  But, I encountered the same issue on a Spark I bought from eBay.

MY SOLUTION: I borrowed a friends iPhone, installed the DJI 4 app on his phone, linked to my RC (and by extension, to the drone) and updated the firmware that way.  When I went back to my android phone, reinstalled the latest DJI 4 app, it was all set to go.    You just have to be mindful, that you'll need your house WiFi to actually download the firmware, and the RCs Wifi (or the drones WiFI if you have no RC) to install it.  

Step 1: Borrow your best homey's iPhone.
Step 2: Install the DJI 4 App on your homey's phone.
Step 3: Link to your device(s) using the RC or Sparks Wifi and let it detect the need for a firmware updated.
Step 4:  Now back to your house Wifi and download the firmware.
Step 5: Reconnect to the RC or drone's WiFi, start DJI4 app and connect.
Step 6: Update the firmware. IMPORTANT: Repeat this process for all your Spark batteries, too! (there's firmware on the batteries....don't forget this).
Step 7:  Reinstall your DJI4 app on your Android (prob not necessary, but I'd do it anyway for good measure)
Step 8: Connect your android devices to your Spark's RC or to the drone itself if you have no RC.
Step 9: Buy your best homey his favorite beer as a thank you.  And, maybe some barbeque.  Yes, definitely some barbeque (this is definitely a require step).
Step 10: Go flying and have fun!!!

Was that a redneck solution? Why hell yes, indeed it was.  But, hey, I'm the king of redneck solutions...and I'm okay with that.  Happy flying!!!!
2018-9-30
Use props
djiuser_MLQbiEbl6thH
New

United States

RC Peter Posted at 2017-10-11 10:53
My observations after struggling to get spark firmware updated:
(1) If you are using the RC controller, make sure that the firmware on the RC is updated first. Do this with the DJI GO app w/o the spark even turned on.
(2) Don't bother trying to connect your smart phone to RC controller with an OTG USB. It can be done, but it's finicky and not worth the effort.

I followed your directions and it worked. Thanks!
2018-11-2
Use props
adslab
New

India

for more information check this
filmywap
2022-10-18
Use props
adslab
New

India

Here are the straightforward steps for updating the DJI Spark's firmware to the newest version. The quadcopter, remote control, and Spark battery can all be updated with the help of these DJI Spark upgrade instructions. The firmware for the DJI Spark remote controller can be be upgraded simultaneously or independently.
Your quadcopter will have the most recent remedies for any problems, as well as new features for the Spark quadcopter and remote controller, if you update to the most recent DJI Spark firmware version.
2022-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules