Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

STclk55 Posted at 2017-9-30 02:33
5 min ago I deleted Dji go 4 app
after i installed old version. after I tried to upload to do firmware. and I did it
now ıts ok.

You are welcome and I am glad it worked. Now I would recommend to go back to the latest version of the App because it has bugfixes etc.
2017-9-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

STclk55 Posted at 2017-9-30 02:35
I want to ask one more thing. I am getting a warning that there is a new version right now.
should I install this update?

A new version of the App? Yes, install it.
2017-9-30
Use props
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
New

Spain

Are there a new app version?
2017-9-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

AAAAAAAAAAAAA Posted at 2017-9-30 08:09

Are there a new app version?

There are frequently new versions and you will be prompted when they become available.
2017-9-30
Use props
fanse2f917ea
New

Kenya

Firmware update fail for Spark remote. Stuck on 5% and remote constantly beeping. App version 4.1.9 Using Android phone HUAWEI G5 2017
2017-10-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanse2f917ea Posted at 2017-10-4 08:53
Firmware update fail for Spark remote. Stuck on 5% and remote constantly beeping. App version 4.1.9 Using Android phone HUAWEI G5 2017

Are you reporting your current condition?  That you are attempting an update (right now) and you are stuck at 5%?

If so, the "solution" is to find a prior version of the android app (4.1.5 I think), and upgrade using 4.1.5.  Then update the app AFTER.  Yes that's a pain.
2017-10-4
Use props
Dito
New
Ecuador

Well, seriously nothing of this work, I tried to update the RC, then it stop working now no wifi signal from RC, the only answer of DJI is "You can only update by wifi" but the RC doesn´t emit any wifi signal, what can I do, also OTG doesn`t work at all
2017-10-4
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32251 ft
United States

I had this same problem and could not fix it, sent it to a repair center to update the RC, now I am concerned because I was going to update my S7 Edge to the 8+, a couple people gave me a solution on my page but it didn't work. I would suggest deleting all the DJI folders from you phone which I didn't do and reinstall. My Spark is due back tomorrow and I will see if this will solve the issue, if not I am thinking about getting an iPad Mini.
2017-10-4
Use props
petrosin
lvl.1
United States

Same problem here. Returning to Amazon. not a finished product. Sorry for those that could not return.
2017-10-5
Use props
fansb29655b2
New

Philippines

I have the same problem too. I just bought a DJI SPARK FLYMORE COMBO but when i started updating the RC for ths firmware, the progress stucks at 5%. I dont know what to do? I need help. Please please. I spent Php 43,000 for this. That is 860 USD. And im losing my patience now. Please please please i need help.
2017-10-8
Use props
RC Peter
New
United States

My observations after struggling to get spark firmware updated:
(1) If you are using the RC controller, make sure that the firmware on the RC is updated first. Do this with the DJI GO app w/o the spark even turned on.
(2) Don't bother trying to connect your smart phone to RC controller with an OTG USB. It can be done, but it's finicky and not worth the effort.
(3) In the long run, the easiest way is to install the DJI Assistant 2 program on your PC and connect the spark directly to the PC using a USB cable. Updating the spark's firmware this way is easy.
2017-10-11
Use props
RC Peter
New
United States

(1) If you are using the RC controller, make sure that the firmware on the RC is updated first. Do this with the DJI GO app w/o the spark even turned on.
(2) Don't bother trying to connect your smart phone to RC controller with an OTG USB. It can be done, but it's finicky and not worth the effort.
(3) In the long run, the easiest way is to install the DJI Assistant 2 program on your PC and connect the spark directly to the PC using a USB cable. Updating the spark's firmware this way is easy.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I want to ask one more thing. I am getting a warning that there is a new version right now.

Did you check the version information in the setting and see if it is the latest one? If not, please update it. Thanks for your support.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

CaptCraig Posted at 2017-10-4 19:46
I had this same problem and could not fix it, sent it to a repair center to update the RC, now I am concerned because I was going to update my S7 Edge to the 8+, a couple people gave me a solution on my page but it didn't work. I would suggest deleting all the DJI folders from you phone which I didn't do and reinstall. My Spark is due back tomorrow and I will see if this will solve the issue, if not I am thinking about getting an iPad Mini.

Did you try the method in 28# and install the 4.1.5 version of app? Please have a try and here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymau5f ... 1.5.3_guan.apk?dl=0
Keep us updated, thanks.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansb29655b2 Posted at 2017-10-8 09:26
I have the same problem too. I just bought a DJI SPARK FLYMORE COMBO but when i started updating the RC for ths firmware, the progress stucks at 5%. I dont know what to do? I need help. Please please. I spent Php 43,000 for this. That is 860 USD. And im losing my patience now. Please please please i need help.

What is the model of your device? If you are using Android system, you can try to download the old version and upgrade again. If not, please try to reinstall your app and upgrade again.
Keep us updated, thanks.
2017-10-12
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
United States

Got a new Spark back and it is working fine now. However, the LIVE stream option is not working or it crashes.
2017-10-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CaptCraig Posted at 2017-10-14 02:26
Got a new Spark back and it is working fine now. However, the LIVE stream option is not working or it crashes.

What phone or tablet are you using with it , S7 or S8+ ?
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CaptCraig Posted at 2017-10-14 02:26

Please answer Lannes's question, what mobile device are you using?
2017-10-15
Use props
Ivan Kuvacic
lvl.1
Croatia

Hi
I have done everything as explained in thread #24 but still can't connect RC to aircraft.
I am using smartphone Lenovo P2.

Kind regards
2017-11-13
Use props
djiuser_50CkBhK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291621 ft
Czechia

Good day, turning to you with a question can be a problem with my DJI. I hope to update FW to version 701 I confirmed this afterwards and after about 10 minutes I took the phone and there was upgrade FAILED .... RETRY so I did it and beg for another 15 minutes time and again failed I tried it Once again, but I did not do anything so I disconnected the drones know I'm doing this by DJ Assistant, but here it is not connected only when I turn on my tune and then just flash the end light of the light with a yellow color ........ .....and nothing
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_50CkBhK Posted at 2017-11-13 01:51
Good day, turning to you with a question can be a problem with my DJI. I hope to update FW to version 701 I confirmed this afterwards and after about 10 minutes I took the phone and there was upgrade FAILED .... RETRY so I did it and beg for another 15 minutes time and again failed I tried it Once again, but I did not do anything so I disconnected the drones know I'm doing this by DJ Assistant, but here it is not connected only when I turn on my tune and then just flash the end light of the light with a yellow color ........ .....and nothing

Did you try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 in another PC? Please install the latest version and connect your drone again.
2017-11-13
Use props
djiuser_50CkBhK
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-13 03:15
Did you try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 in another PC? Please install the latest version and connect your drone again.

Yes I did, but the result is the same
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_50CkBhK Posted at 2017-11-13 03:59
Yes I did, but the result is the same

Can you connect your drone with the mobile device? Please provide a screenshot of the app interface with the error message.
2017-11-15
Use props
djiuser_50CkBhK
lvl.2
Czechia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-15 02:36
Can you connect your drone with the mobile device? Please provide a screenshot of the app interface with the error message.

No I do not respond to anything I sent him to the service I have done for about 4 hours and no result 16.11.2017 new apk 4.1.18 repair when uploading firmware ?????
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_50CkBhK Posted at 2017-11-16 14:24
No I do not respond to anything I sent him to the service I have done for about 4 hours and no result 16.11.2017 new apk 4.1.18 repair when uploading firmware ?????

Sorry about the unexpected experience it causes. Please inform us if you need help.
2017-11-17
Use props
fans9465165f
New
Flight distance : 3684 ft
United States

Wachtberger... thanks for your time and insight.  Although I missed capturing some really cool video today with the Spark, fumbling with the update; after reading a hill of other recommendations, I found your contribution to be "the answer" to this firmware bug.  Thank you!
2017-11-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fans9465165f Posted at 2017-11-24 03:19
Wachtberger... thanks for your time and insight.  Although I missed capturing some really cool video today with the Spark, fumbling with the update; after reading a hill of other recommendations, I found your contribution to be "the answer" to this firmware bug.  Thank you!

It has been a pleasure to help and thank you very much for your feedback.
2017-11-24
Use props
djiuser_9JRkS5Z
New
United States

RC Peter Posted at 2017-10-11 10:53

agree that using assistant on windows (and presumably mac) is easier than using the app (in my experience with new mavic pro platinum here)
2017-12-5
Use props
djiuser_9JRkS5Z
New
United States

i would not recommend side loading apk's from random places on the internet to get the update done as they may introduce viruses/malware/ransomware or back doors on your phone. just don't do it.
2017-12-5
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-10-14 02:41
What phone or tablet are you using with it , S7 or S8+ ?

Sorry for the late response, I have a GS7 Edge, updated the firmware however I can't find or see the LIVE Stream setting anywhere in the Go4 app
2017-12-10
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CaptCraig Posted at 2017-12-10 16:21
Sorry for the late response, I have a GS7 Edge, updated the firmware however I can't find or see the LIVE Stream setting anywhere in the Go4 app

Is all the other telemetry data available, e.g gps satellites, battery status,  vertical/horizontal speed etc. ?
2017-12-10
Use props
exploringwithcf
lvl.1
United States

Considering the fact that Android is more widely used than Apple(just a fact, not picking sides) it is very incompetent of DJI to have messed up a huge amount of their buyers drones with out recording the the new update and providing a downgrade to the last version. Also removing the OTG function and making their product less user friendly makes me not want to buy from them ever again,,,,,,every update is an or else from dji, or screws my drone up somehow, if we pay this much we should own it and have non damaging support
2017-12-14
Use props
fans97023b80
New
United States

Dito Posted at 2017-10-4 18:06
Well, seriously nothing of this work, I tried to update the RC, then it stop working now no wifi signal from RC, the only answer of DJI is "You can only update by wifi" but the RC doesn´t emit any wifi signal, what can I do, also OTG doesn`t work at all

thats exactly what mine is doing.
2017-12-17
Use props
vufindr954
lvl.1
United States

ofa30something Posted at 2017-9-21 06:55
I had the 5% stall on the firmware update when I first bought my Spark. Tried for ages for solution and eventually this is how I fixed it;

Uninstall the DJI app from your phone/tablet

How old of a version? Please be more specific.                                                                                     I have NEVER had so much trouble updating something !!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-12-28
Use props
vufindr954
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-6 18:14
Please try to change a mobile device to update your RC or reinstall your app. If the problem still here, keep us updated. Thanks.

Changing your device does not work.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

vufindr954 Posted at 2017-12-28 17:25
Changing your device does not work.

What is the version of your app? Were you using an Android device? Please try to update your RC through the version above 4.1.10.
2018-1-2
Use props
Alarova
New
Canada

I have the same issue. You would think the leaders of one of the top consumer drones builders would have made the process more user friendly and making updates as easy as possible. DJI if you read this i hope you are seeing this because you are disappointing us. This is the most stupidest fix i've seen for a 900$ drone.

Spending more time trying to get it to work with multiple updates........that don't update?! WTF

Hey guess what, i'd like to be flying this now but i can't because the updates now stalls for the past 10minutes at 100%.

DISAPPOINTED IN YOU DJI
2018-1-13
Use props
arrighi
New
United Arab Emirates

HI IT KEEPS CRRASHING AT 5% DOWNLOAD, UNINSTALL RREINSTALL SAME SAME....
2018-2-24
Use props
5OOK
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

arrighi Posted at 2018-2-24 23:09
HI IT KEEPS CRRASHING AT 5% DOWNLOAD, UNINSTALL RREINSTALL SAME SAME....

SOLUTION:

I was stuck for hours trying to figure out why its not going past the dreaded 5%!

My solution was so easy i was annoyed that DJI or anybody had not mentioned this but i hope it may help you; (It even worked on latest go 4 app)
Make sure your phone is connected via WiFi directly to the drone and NOT your remote controller as most users setup tend to have.
To do this switch on only your drone and leave ur controller aside. hold down the drone power button till it beeps twice to power the WiFi on. then find the network on your phone (password is on the back of drone or box it came in). once connected, Now try to do the firmware update. Good Luck
2018-3-11
Use props
djiuser_yx0NJEbCVrSu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14275 ft
United Kingdom

I want to ask one more thing. I am getting a warning that there is a new version right now.

Just got a MavPro to add to my little squadron, and its update routines stalled at 5%.  Using my Android phone, which I'm quite convinced I've done before with an Air and P4.

Now I come across this topic with entries dated at the back end of last year...

SURELY - this is resolved these many months later???  Which if so would leave me with no explanation for this Android business - it's continuing right now via my ipad - I interrupted the Android connection when I realised there was some glitch stopping the update progress.
2018-6-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules