Problem with new firmware for Inspre 1
2849 19 2017-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dbheli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194 ft
Italy

With last firmware update my remote control it does not work anymore. Connection with the device it's impossible.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You mean the RC cannot connect to APP or the aircraft?
2017-9-6
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

What device are you using? Have you read the firmware release notes?
2017-9-6
Use props
Dbheli
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-6 23:00
You mean the RC cannot connect to APP or the aircraft?

Cannot  connect to APP. The remote control flashing randomly green/Yello/red.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dbheli Posted at 2017-9-7 00:14
Cannot  connect to APP. The remote control flashing randomly green/Yello/red.

It seems the RC failed to update, please keep pressing C1+C2+Video Recording button and camera settings dial at the same time, then restart the remote controller and enter APP to conduct upgrade again.
2017-9-7
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did you update the RC transmitter as well ?  If not do so , If you have then you may need to re link the AC and the RC once again .  Sounds to me like you may not have updated the RC, start there and let Us know .

donnie
2017-9-7
Use props
Dbheli
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-7 00:57
It seems the RC failed to update, please keep pressing C1+C2+Video Recording button and camera settings dial at the same time, then restart the remote controller and enter APP to conduct upgrade again.

Whit the aircraft  turned on or off????
2017-9-7
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Dbheli Posted at 2017-9-7 08:33

If updating the aircraft the Rc transmitter is always OFF

If updating the RC transmitter the Aircraft is  Always OFF
THE REASON YOU GET THE YELLOW / RED / GREEN FLASH ON THE AC IS BECASUE THE AIRCRAFT IS  NOT COMMUNICATING WITH THE RC. IT IS EITHER NOT LINKED  AND /OR NOT ON THE CORRECT FIRMWARE . ( SORRY DID NOT know caps was still on )

Y F I : ou NEVER have the two on at the same time when updating .
question : when you updated the Aircraft did you then update the RC transmitter   If the answer is NO then Update it  to 1.7.80

If the answer is yes and you are updated to the latest FW on the AC ( 1.11 ) then the RC would be at 1.7.8.0 If this is the case then you need to just re link the two together
How to link video below , ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE UP TO DATE ON THE RC FIRMWARE , IF NOT IT WONT WORK .  

donnie

2017-9-7
Use props
Dbheli
lvl.1
Italy

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-7 09:49

Anyhow my remote controller it's linked with aircraft, because it's possible turn on the motots and raise and lower the bear.
2017-9-7
Use props
Dbheli
lvl.1
Italy

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-7 09:49

Anyhow my remote controller it's linked with aircraft, because it's possible turn on the motots and raise and lower the gear.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Dbheli Posted at 2017-9-7 08:33

Dbheli, you just need to turn on the RC and do the operation. Can you enter the interface of downloading RC?  Please try to long press the icon of upper right corner in the DJI GO‘s home page and check if it can recognize the RC.
2017-9-8
Use props
Dbheli
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-8 02:58
Dbheli, you just need to turn on the RC and do the operation. Can you enter the interface of downloading RC?  Please try to long press the icon of upper right corner in the DJI GO‘s home page and check if it can recognize the RC.

It's no possibile.
IMG_0118.PNG
2017-9-8
Use props
fans56785234
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

OK, I usually don’t complain. I have always liked my I One. I have crashed it twice with a total repair cost of 2,000 dollars. Still I didn’t complain. Now I’m going to complain. I haven’t flown for awhile since I was in the hospital and of course the weather. The last time I updated my UAV as last Dec 2016. So today I charged all my batteries and made sure I had the right UAV update. I updated the firmware and both batteries. I then updated my iPad Pro. Of course I forgot to reboot the iPad so it told me I had no connection with my UAV. I then went to our great forum and it is great as it has helped me time and time again. Here’s the problem. I put everything up for now. This is what I understand from all the above. I want to make sure I understand it. First I start my I One. Then I start my controller. Then I start my iPad. If I change batteries I reboot my iPad. Is that right or wrong?? Donnie you did an excellent job in responding to this. And also taking the time to post the video. Mindy so did you. Could you just do a one two three thing on what to turn on in sequence for me?? I do not have a connection right now. I’ll tackle that later. ALL I WANT TO DO IS FLY!!!!!! If you read the board you have to remember all the little tricks. Over time people forget them. Thanks for taking the time to assist people like me. I have a ton of money on this thing. The UAV, extra blades, batteries, Marco Polo for tracking, sun visor and goggles. I JUST WANT TO FLY!!!!!! So if either of you could help me please do and I thank you both ahead of time.
2017-9-8
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

fans56785234, I turn on the R/C first. Then install battery in A/C. Turn on battery on A/C. Open Go App. Open camera view. Allow 10 to 20 seconds for the main menu to pop up, check all of your settings! Wait for the "home point has been updated, please check it on the map". Take off   Safety First! Ken.
2017-9-8
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

fans56785234 Posted at 2017-9-8 13:09
OK, I usually don’t complain. I have always liked my I One. I have crashed it twice with a total repair cost of 2,000 dollars. Still I didn’t complain. Now I’m going to complain. I haven’t flown for awhile since I was in the hospital and of course the weather. The last time I updated my UAV as last Dec 2016. So today I charged all my batteries and made sure I had the right UAV update. I updated the firmware and both batteries. I then updated my iPad Pro. Of course I forgot to reboot the iPad so it told me I had no connection with my UAV. I then went to our great forum and it is great as it has helped me time and time again. Here’s the problem. I put everything up for now. This is what I understand from all the above. I want to make sure I understand it. First I start my I One. Then I start my controller. Then I start my iPad. If I change batteries I reboot my iPad. Is that right or wrong?? Donnie you did an excellent job in responding to this. And also taking the time to post the video. Mindy so did you. Could you just do a one two three thing on what to turn on in sequence for me?? I do not have a connection right now. I’ll tackle that later. ALL I WANT TO DO IS FLY!!!!!! If you read the board you have to remember all the little tricks. Over time people forget them. Thanks for taking the time to assist people like me. I have a ton of money on this thing. The UAV, extra blades, batteries, Marco Polo for tracking, sun visor and goggles. I JUST WANT TO FLY!!!!!! So if either of you could help me please do and I thank you both ahead of time.

Order to fire up:
RC transmitter first - Go app DEVICE itself can be on but dont open the go  app just yet
AC is now fired up
Lastly open the go app.

Turning off system
AC turn off first  ( this will lock   personal preferences )  changes to the system as many setting are stored on the AC
RC turn off second
Lastly the Go app  and then the Go app device .

Have fun

donnie

Have fun

donnie  
2017-9-9
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Dbheli Posted at 2017-9-7 21:02
Anyhow my remote controller it's linked with aircraft, because it's possible turn on the motots and raise and lower the gear.

Are you saying you CAN operate the motors from the RC and raise and lower gear ???  I am confused , please clarify this .
If you can via the RC then you are connected  ( dont need to re link ) and the problem is with the RC communicating with the Go app device .  Could have a bad cable between the RC and Go app device or a bad HDMI / USB  on the back of the RC.
Please clarify.
I think things got lost in translation here  somehow.   

****** very Important *** Did you update the Go app as well when you did the latest update to the AC and RC ?  If not do so , then be sure to log into the DJI go app by signing into it  with the system fired up ( AC RC etc )  or you will have problems with a locked distance, cant go more than 50 meters .  
Like this from another member .
I did whole procedure once more from the beginning at home: log off the GO App, delete GO App, reinstall GO App, power on RC, power on AC, if AC/RC ready connect ipad to internet (home wi-fi), open GO App, sign in succesfuly. Next power off AC, RC, close GO App and go to field. Everything start working as you described, no restrictions. Thanks.

donnie

2017-9-9
Use props
fans56785234
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Mindy, I asked a long time a go if DJI would set one of the C switches to set the gamble straight both vertically and horizontally at the same time. Could you see if they can revisit that request? Instead of having to set the C switch for the gamble to go straight then use the thumb screw to look straight ahead. Do it all with one push. Anyone else think that’s good or bad?

And THAN YOU for answering my question. As always, you did an excellent job. Now if the weather would cooperate I could now test fly.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Dbheli, maybe there is something wrong with your USB module or your cable. Please try to change another cable, if it doesn't work. Please send it back for check, here is the link:http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-11
Use props
Tormen.diego
New
Flight distance : 10531 ft
Italy

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-9 05:23
Are you saying you CAN operate the motors from the RC and raise and lower gear ???  I am confused , please clarify this .
If you can via the RC then you are connected  ( dont need to re link ) and the problem is with the RC communicating with the Go app device .  Could have a bad cable between the RC and Go app device or a bad HDMI / USB  on the back of the RC.
Please clarify.

Hi, i'm currently helping Dbheli with this problems, with Inspire 1.
To clarify the situations i made the following step we have alredy done:
-First Dbheli update the Firmware of RC command with v01.11.01.50 (X3)
-Second Dbheli update the Firmware of Inspire 1 with v01.11.01.50 (X3)
-After this, we connect the DJI GO app installed in iPad Air 2 and Samsung S6 with original cables to the RC command, and when we go into infos to see the current version in both case we have all the data (of RC and Drone) displayed as N/A.
Furthermore the RC command LED blink very fast yellow and red that seems the RC cannot establish any connection to the Inspire 1, but if we try to operate the motors they starts, the same with the gear we can raise and lower.
-We try to reset the RC command with the command suggested, but without luck...
-After this we try to re-update the RC command, unfortunately after 5 second the RC LED start blink red and emit a sound with frequency approximately of 1 second, after return in normal status.
-If we try to update the Inspire 1, in the log we find "The file is corrupted" or "Cannot update, the same version is alredy installed"
-We cannot link the RC command and Inspire 1 because we can operate the DJI GO app...
-Downgrading the firmware on inspire 1 is impossible, we try and give us the same error listed above.

I hope this clarify the situations, and can give us a solutions for this issue.
Thank you, standing by available,
Diego
2017-9-12
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

First thing , when you say "RC command "  I am assuming you mean "RC Transmitter correct ? "

Are you loaded with the most current version of the  go app  on the I pad ?  If not update to the latest version .( delete old version first )

Just so you know , YOU ARE LINKED BETWEEN THE AC AND THE RC SO DONT KEEP TRYING TO LINK .   You would not be able to start the motors  if you were not .

When you tried to update the RC transmitter did you do it via the Wi fi ?  You want to get to version 1.7.8.  the 1.11.01.40 IS NOT THE UPDATE FOR THE RC TRANSMITTER .

Were you on current firware when you updated the Aircraft  and RC  were you on 1.10.--  then tried to update  ? or on MUCH older AC and RC firmware , say at 1.3 ?

MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS UPDATE THE AC FIRST WITH THE RC OFF AND THEN UPDATE THE RC WITH THEAIRCRAFT OFF

DID ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS START DIRECTLY AFTER A FIRMWARE UPDATE,  WAS IT WORKING FINE BEFORE UPDATING OR WAS THE UPDATEING TRYING TO SOLVE AN ISSUE WITH THE SYSTEM???

The problem you more than likely have is one of three things .  1 -You are not on the correct version of firmware on the RC  transmitter PLEASE confirm you tried to load version 1.7.8

2-You are on a oudated Go app, delete  the old one and re install the latest go app version. DO THIS FIRST

3- The HDMI module on the back of the RC transmitter has failed OR the cord is no good . These are the most likely If you update the GO app and get a new cord and still get no data to the Go app then more than likely  you need to replace the Module on the back of the RC transmitter it cost about 100 US dollars.  If you eliminate all other problems this is more than likely it .  You would only need to remove the white cover  with the USB port and not the whole thing .  If you get this far let me know , I will send a video if you give me your e mail .  It is simple .  

DONT ROLLBACK OR TRY TO RE LINK , THIS WILL DO YOU NO GOOD , You are already linked .  

When you updated the AC to the latest FW, did it say success on the log for the 1.11.01.40 version ??? watch the vido below.

The "About " tab picture is just an example , I am sure all of your    AC AND RC  versions  say NA.  BUT WHAT DOES THE GO  APP  version say ?  If you get NA  THERE ALSO then the HDMI module Part # 94 has failed and must be replaced .

about page 1.8.PNG
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules