Not Intelligent Battery! and it acts as if it's off?
3975 8 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

Hello all,

Yesterday I got my first DJI Ronin M. I know the Osmo Mobile, and I own a Mavic Pro, but I am new to the Ronin. I seem to be running into a few issues. Either issues with the device or app, or perhaps simple user error.

1. The Ronin M is all up to date, according to the Gimbal app on my Mac. It has version 1.4 and 1.6 as mentioned on the DJI website. However, in both the Mac app, and iOS DJI Assistant app I get a message saying "Not DJI Intelligent Battery!". However, the batteries I use came with the Ronin M.

2. When I want to use "Auto Tune Stability" I sometimes get a message telling me to turn of "Kill Motors" in More. A feature which is off, and cannot seem to be turned on.

3. The last few times I started up the Ronin M started vibrating very loud for a few seconds. I did balance the Ronin M, and the camera seems well balanced.

4. Yesterday the Ronin M seemed to work fine, today it just won't tilt, pan, roll, etc. As if it is switched off, while it is clearly on. Today is also when I noticed the "Not DJI Intelligent Battery!" error.
2017-9-7
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

Already solved the vibrating and not working issue: seemed the stiffness was set on 72 for all axis. I guess the Mac app did that in some way. So now the stiffness is solved, it stopped vibrating and it works again. Which answers both questions 3 and 4.

Also the battery issue seems solved, although I've got no clue as to why.

That mainly leaves the occasional message telling me to turn off the "Kill motors" setting. Usually I solve that by swiping the app up to quit it completely, and restarting it. But it still makes me wonder why it gives the message.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

dirkjan82 Posted at 2017-9-7 03:02
Already solved the vibrating and not working issue: seemed the stiffness was set on 72 for all axis. I guess the Mac app did that in some way. So now the stiffness is solved, it stopped vibrating and it works again. Which answers both questions 3 and 4.

Also the battery issue seems solved, although I've got no clue as to why.

Am not sure. I know you can restore back to default settings. You would do that through the Assistant 2 Software. Just a thought that it may have something to do with balance of Ronin M. This is on page 25: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/r ... 0Manual_v1.6_en.pdf
2017-9-16
Use props
notmiketate
lvl.1
United States

Why can I not make a new thread? Every time I try to start a thread it takes me to the Rules page as if that has any information on it pertaining to why I cant make a new post...
2017-9-21
Use props
Antonio N
New
France

I have the same probleme " NOT INTELLIGENTE BATTERY" Why ? Please Dji Help us !
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

lioneljohn Posted at 2018-3-16 04:20
You guys are doing a good job by sharing all the details regarding these gadgets here. One of my friends was facing the similar issue in his device and i hope that this detail will help to resolve them. Thanks for sharing this over here.        mouthpiece for snoring

You can always have your friend send a personal message to me if he has any additional information. Also, consider posting on this forum.
2018-3-16
Use props
stevelarsc
lvl.1

India

Thanks for your review of Ronin M app. I have received it yesterday and was checking for feedbacks on the same before installing it. I am glad to find this detailed review of the product and feeling confident to install it.  gokarna beach hotels
2018-4-7
Use props
davidshanks1
New

United Kingdom

By        Tom
22nd May 2015
0  1820  0

A few years ago, high-end active stabilisation was only available to those with hollywood-sized budgets. Recent innovations with brushless motors have meant the technology is now available at a much more accessible price point, albeit one that often requires plenty of tinkering.

The original Ronin took this a step further in 2014; DJI’s using their wealth of experience to bring an active hand-held camera stabiliser that was flexible and simple to use. It was designed to take cameras and equipment up to a 7.25kg payload. It could be hand-held or attached to cranes/jibs etc, and could be utilised by just one operator or a two person team. However for smaller cameras or tight spaces, the Ronin may have been overkill.

Recognising this, DJI have now released the Ronin-M. Designed for smaller popular cameras such as the Canon 5D mk3, Canon C100, Black Magic Cinema Camera, Sony Alpha 7, Panasonic GH4 and more. Glasgow double glazing
2018-4-28
Use props
Eminay
New

Pakistan

jennyaly

Brilliant! I must say you have done an excellent job with this,I'm Saad Ashraf.  I am a Senior Web Designer &  Web Design Dubai https://www.saadashraf.net/. I work with creative agencies in UAE to manage and assist in their projects.
2019-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules