Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yunior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

I am trying to make a decision between these two.

I really like the all in one with the plus as I do not need to be worrying too much about setting up controller with a tablet and having cables.

So this is why I prefer the plus with the built in screen.

My concern is the past issues I been reading up on with the plus.

Such as app freezing and crashing with the built in screen.

So my question is, have all these issues been resolved and is it safe to buy the plus?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
2017-9-7
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Netherlands

Beside the crashing issues that still persist in latest firmware V01.02.01.00 especially when trying to use the autonomous modes built-in the dji go 4 app, keep in mind that dji desided to block 3rd party apps on their Android (open source) OS used in the plus controller.
2017-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You might be better opting to buy a Crystalsky monitor and mount no cables, you can also have the option of using a mini iPad etc if you need to use other apps you will then have the best of both worlds, for an extra couple hundred bucks.
If you buy plus you are basically married to it.
2017-9-7
Use props
Yunior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95 ft
  • >>>
United States

SM-17 Posted at 2017-9-7 05:35
Beside the crashing issues that still persist in latest firmware V01.02.01.00 especially when trying to use the autonomous modes built-in the dji go 4 app, keep in mind that dji desided to block 3rd party apps on their Android (open source) OS used in the plus controller.

When you guys say other apps, what exactly are you referring to? I always just use the DJI app to fly. I just want to fly and record and take pics. But I really want the ease of just having the controller ready to go.

I am just concerned that if it is something where it's crashing all the time and having issues as it comes, then I would definitely think of just going with the regular pro.

Anybody that has the plus experiencing any issues as of today?
2017-9-7
Use props
EldoradoBlackGo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 875518 ft
Latvia

Yunior Posted at 2017-9-7 07:35
When you guys say other apps, what exactly are you referring to? I always just use the DJI app to fly. I just want to fly and record and take pics. But I really want the ease of just having the controller ready to go.

I am just concerned that if it is something where it's crashing all the time and having issues as it comes, then I would definitely think of just going with the regular pro.

I use plus remote controller and I am very pleased with it. Screen is really so bright that do need to use any sun hood. No cables, just unfold, switch and it boosts very fast. No any problems with lost, crashed connections. For me it is very stable, but my p4pro runs V01.02.0304 firmware and I am not planing to do any firmware upgrade. Strange, but controller + has inner fan which You hear working. Seems that installed DJI GO app.is not fullest version of all parameters.
2017-9-7
Use props
Rexster314
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2740 ft
United States

EldoradoBlackGo Posted at 2017-9-7 10:29
I use plus remote controller and I am very pleased with it. Screen is really so bright that do need to use any sun hood. No cables, just unfold, switch and it boosts very fast. No any problems with lost, crashed connections. For me it is very stable, but my p4pro runs V01.02.0304 firmware and I am not planing to do any firmware upgrade. Strange, but controller + has inner fan which You hear working. Seems that installed DJI GO app.is not fullest version of all parameters.

Today I sideloaded a screen recorder on the + controller. Works perfectly
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please kindly note that the P4P+ with build-in screen do not support any third part app and external mobile devices. Make sure it is the one you needed before making the decision.
2017-9-7
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-7 20:29
Please kindly note that the P4P+ with build-in screen do not support any third part app and external mobile devices. Make sure it is the one you needed before making the decision.

Not really true, it comes from the factory with third party apps installed and it seem impossible to get rid of the things!
I would like to have among others, the Facebook, Youtube and twitter removed but no can do. I bought the thing as being an advanced camera, not a "See me" for social medias i don't use.
2017-9-7
Use props
richparry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1620148 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yunior Posted at 2017-9-7 07:35

Like most things in life, there are advantages and disadvantages to everything. I have had the P4P+ for the past half year have no regrets. I love being able to setup and fly in seconds and not worrying about cables.

I especially love not being harassed by dozens of notifications from apps every time I open my smart phone and I certainly don't want to get tweets etc. while flying.

I vote P4P+, good luck with your decisioin.
2017-9-7
Use props
fans4e88ec63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130856 ft
United Kingdom

Hello

Being a Plus owner, I can only advice you that you don't get the plus as in reality it is -.

Normally you expect that a +, means added features, but this was a misleading marketing from DJI as is less features.

Few things are not mentioned anywhere and there are things that you will just realize with it in your hands.

If it would at least be fully stable and not crash I could probably not complain, however despite what is marketed and you will expect being all from DJI, (aircraft, RC, app, firmaware, software, etc etc)

The system is unstable, try to scroll couple of times in the player and will crash, crashes when entering or leaving to and from smart flight modes, and the big issue is that with a normal controller you just restart your external device while still having control with the RC, if the RC crashes??? The the advice from DJI is to restart the RC, so?? Losing control from the aircraft...

In summary in my opinion it was a very misleading marketing from DJI, to me it should have been marketed as - and not a + as it has less features and not more features.

2017-9-7
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'd definitely vote for the Phantom 4 Pro.

The extra cost to get the inclusive screen just isn't worth it.

I know some people will disagree - but I hate being locked down to individual apps etc, when you just just go and buy something better for the difference in price and have a new tablet / device for other uses as well!
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules