1710 29 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

for FIRMWARE v01.01.0010

I thought I would start a poll to see who the current inspire 2 firmwares works for, who is having issues, and who has been grounded from the firmware... Lets Find OUT!

(up to two answers)

Also if you are having other complications with you I2 please explain in comments below I'm sure someone here can help you out or give their two cents

Please specifi if issues are from firmwares or not
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 43 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

35.56% (16)
42.22% (19)
2.22% (1)
15.56% (7)
4.44% (2)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-9-7
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

I must say after 1 day of my poll being up i am actually quite surprised of the results 1&2 are tied with only one craft grounded. i really hope people will post their other issues in this post as well, i and im sure many others would like to know your issues, so we can look out for them no matter how minor they are.

thank you all who have participated!
2017-9-8
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

X5S doesn't sit perfect centre, and drifts on its own..  Unfortunately not enough air time to know if it was a result after the latest update but I only noticed it after it.. I calibrate all sensors before use and I've tried all the methods of re training it back in place to no avail.  Aside from this I don't seem to have any other issues..  Stable image up to 400m and for most of my stuff thats enough.
2017-9-8
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

EagleEyeUAV Posted at 2017-9-8 05:53
I must say after 1 day of my poll being up i am actually quite surprised of the results 1&2 are tied with only one craft grounded. i really hope people will post their other issues in this post as well, i and im sure many others would like to know your issues, so we can look out for them no matter how minor they are.

thank you all who have participated!

good idea by the way..  I have been making effort to actually check the forum every day or so instead of biweekly..  For anyone having issues it would be cool if eventually DJI could just send you a replacement..  Making the return process so easy for the buyer..  Just package it right in the same way and label already on box.  That way we could have a chance at saving potential booked clients if anthing were to happen.
2017-9-8
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

lolders that is a great idea for us commercial pilots! along with that i dont want some refurbished craft so maybe we would just give them an extra 100$ if we want a brand new one!
2017-9-8
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

Range is poor and video break up and lock and then loss of signal at same flying site Mavic has no issues passing by 100 meters. Testing done with no camera and X5S.
2017-9-8
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

i updated the poll about specifying if your issues are from firmwares or not if possible to specify
2017-9-8
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

the polls are pretty incredibly close 2 ties, one not far behind, and feeling sadly for the 1 grounded... hope you get in the air soon
2017-9-10
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

EagleEyeUAV Posted at 2017-9-10 18:06
the polls are pretty incredibly close 2 ties, one not far behind, and feeling sadly for the 1 grounded... hope you get in the air soon

I'm curious what constitutes "grounded" in th user's mind. I could possibly say mine is grounded, only because it isn't exactly reliable or safe for the purposes I purchased it for.
2017-9-11
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

what i meant by grounded is that the aircraft will not take off or the landing gears are stuck in travel mode or flight mode
2017-9-11
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

Agree with Lolders, I met the same problem with camera drift. Also it so difficult to control the focus since the last FW update, makes me really nervous!!
2017-9-11
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

how do you reset camera tilt?
2017-9-11
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

EagleEyeUAV Posted at 2017-9-11 05:55
what i meant by grounded is that the aircraft will not take off or the landing gears are stuck in travel mode or flight mode

Gotcha ... Yea, thank goodness that hasn't happened to me.
2017-9-11
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

Eagle, you can't reset camera tilt for now, you must do it by yourself.
2017-9-12
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

i kinda figured that fans4f8954b4 but i thought i would at least ask!
2017-9-12
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

I think it's funny how the angry mob of "firmware issues" has slowly been dying down.  I think everyone has pretty much just accepted defeat.
2017-9-12
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Yes, mate. Needs to put on the pressure. No nothing from DJI so far, it is a shame. It seems that strained people either buy another new I2 or grounded or roll back their FW. The situation is not ideal.
2017-9-12
Use props
Ale Reynoso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

DTK Posted at 2017-9-12 15:44
Yes, mate. Needs to put on the pressure. No nothing from DJI so far, it is a shame. It seems that strained people either buy another new I2 or grounded or roll back their FW. The situation is not ideal.

We definitely will try the FW roll back as DJI says nothing and gives no explanation at all
It´s the only way to protect ourselves. Another job like the last one and we are for sure out of bussiness (no need to be grounded by FW, our client will ground us if we show such a poor performance!)
2017-9-12
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Ale Reynoso Posted at 2017-9-12 16:01
We definitely will try the FW roll back as DJI says nothing and gives no explanation at all
It´s the only way to protect ourselves. Another job like the last one and we are for sure out of bussiness (no need to be grounded by FW, our client will ground us if we show such a poor performance!)

Touché. That's why I got excited about the beta program ... at least it would (probably) be better than a bunk firmware. Hoping that starts soon.
2017-9-12
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

It is interesting to question whether there would be an non disclosure agreement restricting beta testers on disclosing information to the public.
2017-9-12
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

i just hope they let us test soon I also hope there are no bugs that stick in our ac"s electronics
2017-9-13
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

seriously is anyone else impressed by the out come of this poll?????????
2017-9-13
Use props
fans77991c38
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1970633 ft
Australia

The range and video performance of my I2 improved significantly when I changed from an Ipad Mini 4 to a Crystalsky. My guess is that the original performance will be restored with a Cendence controller.
2017-9-13
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

thats crazy never would have even guessed range would be better now image projection i could see so i guess they go hand in hand then
2017-9-13
Use props
Ale Reynoso
lvl.4
Argentina

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-12 16:59
Touché. That's why I got excited about the beta program ... at least it would (probably) be better than a bunk firmware. Hoping that starts soon.

As far as I know, the firmware available for roll back is just a backup of the original fw, not a piece that someone has written in his  computer in a basement
And as far as I know too, the roll back tool just do what assistant is told not to do. Flash a fw that is different from the latest.
we would not check this chance if we would have had some explanation from DJI: why, how and when. We are risking our well made clients if we perform again like the last one: live feed cutting with the drone just at 100m distance. Critical link master-slave (we tested the RC in optimal conditions and the average working distance was 15m as a maximum). The broadcaster already checked some other drone services company because of that.
I asked Mindy to be part of the Beta too, but we need an answer ASAP (it´s been a long time since this issues).
we are still dealing with the HDMI "rolling" issue. At least we have a word from DJI: it is because of the way signal is compressed and sent... not a word if it´s going to be fixed.
2017-9-14
Use props
Ale Reynoso
lvl.4
Argentina

Ale Reynoso Posted at 2017-9-14 19:28
As far as I know, the firmware available for roll back is just a backup of the original fw, not a piece that someone has written in his  computer in a basement
And as far as I know too, the roll back tool just do what assistant is told not to do. Flash a fw that is different from the latest.
we would not check this chance if we would have had some explanation from DJI: why, how and when. We are risking our well made clients if we perform again like the last one: live feed cutting with the drone just at 100m distance. Critical link master-slave (we tested the RC in optimal conditions and the average working distance was 15m as a maximum). The broadcaster already checked some other drone services company because of that.

But why we need to have our fingers crossed when we payed a lot of money to DJI to have the drone they advertised?
2017-9-14
Use props
rgallo6
lvl.1
United States

Ever since the Latest firmware update I been having issues with the transmission and every time I change my battery I have to logout of the app a then log back, if not it limits me to 30m in height 500m for distance. It's the beginners mode they added.  
Many users having same problem it seems like it's falling deaf ears! Dji customer service is all talk...I feel they just don't give a dame!
2017-9-15
Use props
rgallo6
lvl.1
United States

I like to clarify...I have the inspire 1 pro.
2017-9-15
Use props
fans01d21e35
lvl.2
United Kingdom

When I get round to opening up my new Inspire 2 at weekend, should I therefore ignore the update firmware message I will get on set up ?
2017-9-19
Use props
EagleEyeUAV
lvl.4
United States

it will likely already be on your craft i wouldnt worry too much about it just take it easy till you get used to how it reacts
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules