2432 12 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All

If you are a mac user like me there was no program to downgrade your bricked P4 (I had to borrow a PC laptop), well I just found this on youtube i have downloaded it run the program but not flashed my P4 firmware as i've already done it, but it looks good in case of future problems.
2017-9-7
Use props
Gwen1405
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2543038 ft
Belgium

It's a possible solution but :
- Do you know the creator of this program? Are you sure that the owner doesn't inject additional code in the firmware upload process?
- As you said, it can brick your P4,
- Can break warranty,
- If your drone crashed and cause injuries to someone of to structure, your insurance (if they analyse your drone, of course) can say : you play, you loose! And you pay cash.

So the risk is high, we must wait the FW or try other "official" solutions.  I know !  ;-)
2017-9-7
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

D U M L d o r e is a better alternative to downgrading. Google without spaces.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Our engineers are still working on this. There is one P4 beta firmware available for record issues, please PM me your DJI account to have a try.
2017-9-7
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-7 20:14
Our engineers are still working on this. There is one P4 beta firmware available for record issues, please PM me your DJI account to have a try.

It's good to hear encouraging info like this. I hope this is truly the case.
2017-9-7
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Gwen1405 Posted at 2017-9-7 09:52
It's a possible solution but :
- Do you know the creator of this program? Are you sure that the owner doesn't inject additional code in the firmware upload process?
- As you said, it can brick your P4,

Mine was out or warranty had it over a year, and was completely unflyable after the update. It was more liable to crash and hurt someone after the update it flipped itself upside down and crashed into bushes for no reason in sport mode, so had nothing to lose downgrading, but now have my P4 flying like it did before the upgrade. So a safer drone and DJI more liable to put dodgy code in than drone enthusiasts who are trying to help other drone users
2017-9-8
Use props
Gwen1405
lvl.2
Belgium

usarfireman Posted at 2017-9-8 10:29
Mine was out or warranty had it over a year, and was completely unflyable after the update. It was more liable to crash and hurt someone after the update it flipped itself upside down and crashed into bushes for no reason in sport mode, so had nothing to lose downgrading, but now have my P4 flying like it did before the upgrade. So a safer drone and DJI more liable to put dodgy code in than drone enthusiasts who are trying to help other drone users

I don't understand the philosophy of DJI with this kind of issue, 2 months without any informations/news, it's not correct at all. So we took the necessary solutions to leave the grounded situation. So if we choose an official solution or third-party solution, it's the same for me, we want all to solve this issue.  So blaming DJI continuously without doing anything, it's like viewing a person hit by a heart attack without doing the necessary actions.  ;-)
2017-9-8
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
United States

usarfireman Posted at 2017-9-8 10:29

Yep...same here. Flys like it did before the update. I would still like to be on a current version though so hopefully DJI will help us out.
2017-9-8
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
United States

Gwen1405 Posted at 2017-9-8 10:57
I don't understand the philosophy of DJI with this kind of issue, 2 months without any informations/news, it's not correct at all. So we took the necessary solutions to leave the grounded situation. So if we choose an official solution or third-party solution, it's the same for me, we want all to solve this issue.  So blaming DJI continuously without doing anything, it's like viewing a person hit by a heart attack without doing the necessary actions.  ;-)

It's DJI's responsibility. They NEED to fix this.
2017-9-8
Use props
Gwen1405
lvl.2
Belgium

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-9-8 11:53
It's DJI's responsibility. They NEED to fix this.

Yes it's correct. I have installed the last FW several times, each times I had different behaviours!
So Now, I have no error messages and I'll want to test deeper my P4. Due to weather condition and KP Index (8), I cannot test probably this w-e.  I want to be fixed. So I think that at the end of September, we will have a fix.
2017-9-8
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
United States

Gwen1405 Posted at 2017-9-8 12:04
Yes it's correct. I have installed the last FW several times, each times I had different behaviours!
So Now, I have no error messages and I'll want to test deeper my P4. Due to weather condition and KP Index (8), I cannot test probably this w-e.  I want to be fixed. So I think that at the end of September, we will have a fix.

I hope by the end of September we do have a fix.
2017-9-8
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-7 20:14

Susan,

There are hundreds of people who can't fly the p4 who is basically bricked by dji through faulty firmware. I make a bed the good admins here have already a list with the complainers  just for the case to block them.
Why you do not send this  what you have to those people. Off course it will be in the risk of dji and not of the client by law, because all firmware must be made for save use.
I guess after all the weeks dji let the clients wait without an official sorry, the new firmware should be done soon.
I gave my case already to a law firm to deal with.
2017-9-9
Use props
fans122ebebe
New

Indonesia

When the latest FW will be released? My P4 going error all the time.

1. IMU error bla bla. This message disappear after minutes.
2. My P4 very difficult to control when i press the down button. The height is slowly decrease!

Latest P4 FW on July 2017 is Suck!
2017-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules