IMU calibration hangs
655 4 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb9972bfd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7146 ft
Switzerland

IMU calibration of a newly purchased Phantome 4 Pro+ hangs somewhere at the very first step, before prompting for any user action, several attempts with waiting up to 20 minutes with no result. How long should this stage take normally?

2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please refer the tutorial video and try again:
2017-9-7
Use props
fansb9972bfd
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-7 19:30
Please refer the tutorial video and try again:

Hello, thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, watching video cannot help in case of hardware failure, which obviously caused the issue. The state of the acc1 sensor was initially shown as "Data Error", the calibration always hung at the end of the first stage - before any user action was requested. Supposedly, the acc1 sensor was simply dead, which caused the calibration to hang.

Replaced the drone by the seller and with the new one,  IMU calibration works as it should. I can now answer my question: normally this stage of IMU calibraion takes a few seconds.

Learned two things:

1) One should check sensor states, it seems that software does not care even about practically detected hardware failures and  will probably let fly a drone with dead IMU sensors  (I would expect making it to be impossible to launch obviously malfunctioning device) .
2) DJI products should be purchased only from a domestic seller, preferably close to the buyer, and it has to be a decent one, making no trouble with exchanging  DOA goods and having decent stock so that one does not have to wait long time for replacement item to arrive. Fortunately, in my case all these conditions are met.
2017-9-8
Use props
fansb9972bfd
lvl.1
Switzerland

BTW, in case of such a device as a drone is, I would expect that software can perform some diagnostics of the state of the hardware and at least display according report. Is something like that available in DJI's products?
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansb9972bfd Posted at 2017-9-8 10:11
BTW, in case of such a device as a drone is, I would expect that software can perform some diagnostics of the state of the hardware and at least display according report. Is something like that available in DJI's products?

Thanks for keeping us updated. The drone will do self-diagnostic once powered on. Warning message will pop up if something goes wrong.
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules