Apparently DJI is completely dominating the "low end market".
1232 11 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I found this article interesting.  It's about a competitor (apparently) to DJI for the higher end, but it says that DJI's domination of the lower end market is impacting the upper end:

https://www.smarteranalyst.com/2 ... ing-weaker-outlook/

Apparently DJI is so successful that their success is hurting even their own higher end, but not so much as to be a detriment to DJI as much as this impacts their competitors.
2017-9-7
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen multiple other articles saying very similar.  I'm glad DJI is doing well, but I would prefer for a competitor to help push them to keep innovating!
2017-9-7
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-9-7 12:42
I've seen multiple other articles saying very similar.  I'm glad DJI is doing well, but I would prefer for a competitor to help push them to keep innovating!

My thoughts exactly.  I want to see DJI continue to do well, but have some competition to help everyone push the boundaries.
2017-9-7
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-9-7 12:42

Agree with you here competition is good for the consumer
2017-9-7
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2
United States

Iʻve read an article, five minutes ago that GoPro stock is doing better. DJI is still the leader in the drone market. For GoProʻs Karma to do better, it may have to be acquired by a larger company, like Garmin. If this happens, then we have a game.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/ne ... reat-163339412.html
2017-9-7
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Karma would have a very, very long way to go before it could come only close to the Spark capabilities, not to even talk about Mavic...
2017-9-7
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2
United States

Quite a long way. GoPro does have sport camera gravitas, PR and brand identity to parlay into the drone market segment. Karma was a half hearted attempt. That company needs more R&D power to outfit that drone of theirs with comparable technology. Getting bought by a chip maker, or cartography co/ GPS specialty company would make sense strategically. That would augment their development, product to market dramatically.
2017-9-7
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2
United States

GDU needs ʻlower endʻ products.

2017-9-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

competition is great! it keeps everyone busy with innovation and bleeding edge tech.. without competition the market stagnates and i would hate to see Dji get looked at negatively and it already pains me to see people react when i told them spark costed $700 for fly more and mavic $1300 for the fly more... very few people think that is reasonable (including me).

but  ya the biggest threat to DJi would be from GoPro. the reason i say this is because GoPro has the money, the engineering teams, the PR teams, cameras, the tech, etc etc... they just have a relatively weak visionary team. once GoPro gets their foot in the right door the right way, then it will get interesting..  and in the best way possible.. i dont think gopro will even touch the pro segment Dji has captured but, gopro may and probably will capture the action segment.. that will lead DJi down the same rabbit hole.. how fun will that be!
2017-9-7
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ha ha ... DJI The Great. And yes, they are. And I do not see any DJI's product that is "low end". Spark, low-end?, nop I never classify Spark as low-end. How come an aircraft with intelligent flight controller a low-end. Wltoy Q333? Yes, a low-end. Hubsan, Eachine, Cheerson and many other are in this class. Walkera? Hmm, middle-end I think. Today I see O2 and O2 plus from Gdu almost the same as Mavic at 7xx usd. It is China, ha ha. Just want to see if they will fly away or fell off the sky.
2017-9-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'd love to see some competition for sure. And the Karma would have been a perfect combination for me (drone, action camera, gimbal) but....
2017-9-7
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

GoPro launch of the Karma come at the same time the MavicPro did.  Problem is the Karma was plagued with issues post launch triggering a Recall.  This hurt GoPro and they have a long road ahead if they want to regain some ground.  Plus they need to add new features to Karma to survive; such as Object avoidance, different tracking modes (dronie, rocket and other).

I'm glad DJI is doing well.  This will help them come up with great new technologies.  So long as they continue to innovate, they will remain the leader.  One key thing is make what they have now (Mavic, Spark, other products) better with better stability and added functions to current line up.

PS: glad the Spark is hot on the market .. DJI if your listening; great job, now make it better with state of the art capabilities.
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules