Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Focussing on an inspire 2 - X5S - Dji Focus - DJI Focus Handwheel 2
2410 5 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
image23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256686 ft
Italy

I have an Inspire 2 with X5S  camera - so how do you manual focus with your Inspire 2?
In the near future I will have to shoot a very complex scene flying from far, make an approach in a spiral to end up close to the subject at about 3 to 5m.
I know you can turn on focus peaking on but that seems to me not very precise. Also there’s no indication of the focus distance.
Manual focus with my finger on the Ipad does not work for me.

So what focus tool do you use?

• The DJI Focus wheel? Is it precise? Do you have enough throw on your wheel to make precise adjustments? Do you have indications of the focus distance? Is it easy to focus with?
  • The DJI Focus: Although it is mentioned on the Inspire 2 promo webpage ( http://www.dji.com/inspire-2 ), it is not included in the dji shop of Inspire 2 page. So is it not working with the Inspire 2?

Thank you very much for sharing your tips & tricks for focussing on the DJI Inspire 2.

2017-9-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Focus wheel works the smoothest, if you get one that bolts correctly on the bracket.  The FW#2 seems to have an issue where you might have to find an insert to make it work and bolt up right.  Search on here for ideas, or the Inspire forum elsewhere ( I don't know how they even allowed that one to get loose!).  Focus Wheel #1 (If your local dealer has one.) doesn't have that problem, but you need to make sure you get the right cable too as it isn't part of the mounting bracket as with FW#2.  Wheel and brackets are here:  http://store.dji.com/category/inspire-2-series?from=shop

You may have to mark it for distances on the white scale (grease pencil) as it will change depending on the lens you use.  There are  adjustable screw stops for near and far.

AF hunts so I wouldn't use it in flight.  The GO app is too touchy, imho, and best used with a stylus if you can but it's still pretty sketchy with that too.

Focus Peaking works, but it is a bit too much at times.  Set it to High and it isn't as bad as the other settings which have more red on screen.
2017-9-7
Use props
image23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256686 ft
Italy

Dear ansa84fe8a4,

Thank you so much taking the time for your answer!!
The focus wheel / bracket is ordered / and I will receive it tomorrow.
I will post an update on how (and if) it works for me.
Thx again!!

All the best, Eugene
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

image23 Posted at 2017-9-8 11:47
Dear ansa84fe8a4,

Thank you so much taking the time for your answer!!

We appreciate your support to DJI product, DJI Focus Wheel is a great choice for professional photographer, hope you will receive it soon and have a great time with it.
2017-9-10
Use props
djiuser_Ll1OooR3Pg9N
lvl.1

United States

Is there a way to use the original handheld follow focus unit with the dji inspire 2, I used to use it with the Inspire 1 but the cable from the i1 doesn't even fit on the inspire 2 remote
2022-12-6
Use props
hdrone 1
lvl.1

United States

does anyone know why the matrice m600 is making a squealing noise when in flight .it flies with no issues but the squealing are very noticeable
2023-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules