Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Pro Search and Recovery from pond
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ntxbowhunter13
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ok, my p3p took a mind of it's own upon liftoff.  Shot off towards my house I was able to turn it and next thing I know it's heading towards the pond but big trees block the pond so I'm thinking ok, that's fine if it hits the tree's I'll be able to recover it, but what do you know, it lobs over the trees like a golf shot and nose dives straight for the water...

My question is, how accurate is the drawn line on where the aircraft lost connection?  Will the drone sink to the bottom fairly quickly?  Or would it somewhat have some air in it to flow through the pond with the current and possibly out the spillway.  Take note we had huge rains and this pond was going over the dam and also the spillway was at full force.  I've went walking in the pond looking for it on the bottom but I just don't know if I'm wasting my time and it could be in the middle or something.

Here are some pics for reference.

IMG_0596.PNG

phantom.jpg
2017-9-7
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Wow, that is a very deep pond!  How did it manage to transmit a signal from that depth?

2017-9-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

From what I've seen on youtube, they sink like a rock.  

Good luck.

2017-9-7
Use props
ntxbowhunter13
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-9-7 13:50
Wow, that is a very deep pond!  How did it manage to transmit a signal from that depth?

It wasn't transmitting signal.  The end of the white line is where it lost signal.  Is it saying the red cursor is where the craft is?
2017-9-7
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That made me want to go fishing LOL   Sorry about the bad luck.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to contact our Support Team to report the accident if it is in the warranty period: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

ntxbowhunter13 Posted at 2017-9-7 15:58
It wasn't transmitting signal.  The end of the white line is where it lost signal.  Is it saying the red cursor is where the craft is?

If you upload the flight LOG and post the link back here, we can have a look at the flight.

www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload

RedHotPoker
2017-9-7
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ntxbowhunter13 Posted at 2017-9-7 15:58

It should be near the red cursor, the line is probably correct but may end in the wrong place, I don't think we can say much without looking at the log, follow the instructions on the page linked in the above post.

2017-9-8
Use props
ntxbowhunter13
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-9-8 00:04
It should be near the red cursor, the line is probably correct but may end in the wrong place, I don't think we can say much without looking at the log, follow the instructions on the page linked in the above post.

The log is terribly glitchy, I will go find and upload the log right now
2017-9-8
Use props
ntxbowhunter13
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Oh wow, much more information than I thought.  I suppose that's about where it went down at, I wonder why I haven't been able to find it sunk in the mud near the bottom? it's only around 3-4ft deep right there or even less.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/S7OIP0X4NII8OQHV9F5N/
2017-9-8
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ntxbowhunter13 Posted at 2017-9-8 05:27
Oh wow, much more information than I thought.  I suppose that's about where it went down at, I wonder why I haven't been able to find it sunk in the mud near the bottom? it's only around 3-4ft deep right there or even less.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/S7OIP0X4NII8OQHV9F5N/

Looks like you had a compass error immediately on take off, maybe a lump of scrap iron, or maybe a large steel bolt under the ground?  After that it gave up on the GPS since it didn't match the compass data.

The GPS position appears to be valid, however the barometer clearly had a problem so I cant tell how high it was when it lost signal.  At the end it rolls to try and correct position from the bad compass, that would have caused it to move away from the last position fairly rapidly, since the compass is wrong I don't know what direction it went in and since the altimeter is wrong I don't know how far, but I would expect it to be sitting on the mud at the bottom within about 10 meters of the last location.  From the satellite image it doesn't look like there would be enough water current there to move it far.

The battery looks a bit low too, but I don't think that caused the lack of control.  I don't often look at P3 logs so I'm not sure.

2017-9-8
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Looks doomed from liftoff. Probably couldn't even get it back quickly, could ya?
2017-9-8
Use props
ntxbowhunter13
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-8 07:25
Looks doomed from liftoff. Probably couldn't even get it back quickly, could ya?

See, I had this problem about 2 weeks before it did the same thing except it went in open air and I was able to control it back to a clear landing.  Dad wanted me to search for some cattle that were landlocked from the flood so I figured I would turn it on and see if it gave me the clear to take off and that everything was set and no errors.  It went way more haywire this time than the time before and pretty much no matter what controls I hit it did it's own thing.  I actually thing the craft did a few flips!  Which I have never seen before lol.  I think I may take my little boat on the water and drag the bottom to see if I come up with anything.
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules