Pan Tilt From Device NOT Joystick
919 4 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Presto
lvl.2
Canada

It seems that the settings to adjust the speed of a pan or tilt ONLY work with the joystick and those same settings do NOTHING if you are using the screen on your device to pan or tilt. We have our Osmo on the end of a Jib that is longer than any remote cable can reach so we are forced to pan and tilt using phone or Ipad. Finding it tough as the speed of the pans and tilts can not be adjusted to go slower. Anyone know if they will addess this in the future updates or have any work around suggestions??
2017-9-7
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9944 ft

That's right, settings affect only joystick. But after I found, that panning Osmo+ from the screen gives me more stable and soft result, than joystick. The trick is- as more you go out from center, you hold-tap inicially, than it runs faster. Try to make it with a litle move.
2017-9-8
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

I agree with Smaxta, the tilt / pan can be super slow and smooth using the screen compared to the joystick. Takes a bit of practice but well worth it in the end....
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Presto, you are right, the speed of pan or tilt only works with the joystick instead of APP, and the speed of pan and yaw in mobile device cannot be adjusted, you can try what Smaxta suggested to see if it is helpful.
2017-9-10
Use props
Presto
lvl.2
Canada

Salty777 Posted at 2017-9-8 18:47
I agree with Smaxta, the tilt / pan can be super slow and smooth using the screen compared to the joystick. Takes a bit of practice but well worth it in the end....

Ya its not that easy when you add the motion of the jib. When not on jib I agree with you but making a huge sweep with a jib while making a small tilt or pan with your finger is tough. Thats why I asked DJI if they will consider adding the feature of setting control speeds  from the device as well as the joystick
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules