2 near fails + 1 Mystery Crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Austevik Dronef
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1035125 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Been raining for a week here so made a video about some of the near misses I have had this year. Plus a mystery crash!

Can you tell me why it suddenly fell down from the sky? It was nothing around it..

What is your most scary moments with the drone?

2017-9-7
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

Aliens.  I always blame it on aliens.
2017-9-7
Use props
Bracco
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Hi, may be a broken propeller during the flight?
2017-9-7
Use props
taden
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2988835 ft
Lithuania

Absolutely  same situation with Samsung S7 and Huawei Mediapad . After some scary situations bought Ipad.  I think DJI have benefits from apple.  Did you find out why drone crashed?
2017-9-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Post a link to your flight LOG, and we can all have a wee peak into your flight.

www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload

RedHotPoker
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the crash, have you contacted the Support to start a case? Here is a link for your reference.  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-8
Use props
Austevik Dronef
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-8 03:15
Sorry for the crash, have you contacted the Support to start a case? Here is a link for your reference.  http://www.dji.com/support

No didnt contact anyone. The drone was allright. It landed safely in a "christmas tree" It was missing a proppeller though.
2017-9-8
Use props
Austevik Dronef
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-7 21:53
Post a link to your flight LOG, and we can all have a wee peak into your flight.

Sorry dont have the drone anymore. Was a P3 Pro. Upgraded to P4 Pro. Couldnt find a log on the flight on the Go4 app either from that time. Unless you know a way?

Was missing a proppeller though. But those are self-thightening proppellers so..
2017-9-8
Use props
Austevik Dronef
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Bracco Posted at 2017-9-7 21:24
Hi, may be a broken propeller during the flight?

Could be.. was missing one. But it flew just fine before.
2017-9-8
Use props
Austevik Dronef
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-7 21:19
Aliens.  I always blame it on aliens.

When in doubt blame the aliens! Maybe I hit an invisible forcefield around the saucer!
2017-9-8
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Lemonville  How long have you had this drone?
2017-9-8
Use props
Austevik Dronef
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-8 07:00
Lemonville  How long have you had this drone?

The mystery crash was a P3 Pro. Was about a year old wgen it happened i think.
2017-9-8
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I'd bet in Vegas it was due to the prop coming off...either it failed or was not securely on before flight and then came off during.  I've seen similar YouTube crashes where the prop just flew off especially on the older Phantoms that used the screw on types.  Maybe why they went to the clip on types on the 4 now.

Just thought, one new upgrade for the P5 will be a flight data recorder (aka black box) that will monitor motors, camera, gimbal, g-forces, speed, direction, etc.  Then we'll all spend hours and days armchair analyzing everyone's crashes and pointing fingers at whoever was at fault...yeah takes the fun out of it somehow
2017-9-8
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

yea the phantom series props do come off if you tighten them by the book.they should be tightened enough so that the prop hub is seated firmly on the flat of the motor.i am working on a way to safety them on.
2017-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Austevik Dronef Posted at 2017-9-8 06:54
Sorry dont have the drone anymore. Was a P3 Pro. Upgraded to P4 Pro. Couldnt find a log on the flight on the Go4 app either from that time. Unless you know a way?

Was missing a proppeller though. But those are self-thightening proppellers so..

"So long, been good to know you, so long, been good to know you...."

Well, you can kiss that drone goodbye.... End of story. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-8
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286411 ft

United States

I tighten mine to the point most my bubbles can't remove by hand. But I do have a corn fed gorilla grip.
Even if the motor could "electrically brake" no way my props would come off. Period.
2017-9-8
Use props
Austevik Dronef
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-8 10:14
"So long, been good to know you, so long, been good to know you...."

Well, you can kiss that drone goodbye.... End of story. ;-)

Yep! Didnt look back when I got the P4 Pro
2017-9-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Austevik Dronef Posted at 2017-9-9 00:49
Yep! Didnt look back when I got the P4 Pro

Yes, I understand your sentiments.
I lost my Nishiki Bushwacker mountain bike to a thief. Went out to replace it, and brought a lovely new '13 CanAm SpYder RS-S Roadster home... Nudge Nudge ~ Wink Wink. Say no more. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

2017-9-9
Use props
Surrealplaces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 908819 ft
Canada

Is it possible it hit a bird, and it caused the propeller to break off? Either way it sounds like you now have the P4 which is pretty sweet.
2017-9-9
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Having just done this myself, I suspect the majority of these kind of crashes are due to a prop not being properly attached. I was throttling up to take off for my drone flight of the eclipse but instead of taking off, the drone flipped upside down in the dirt. Lucky it never got off the ground since there was no damage. I always, and I mean always, check that each prop is property attached by making sure it turns only slightly. This time, I was so excited about the eclipse I must have forgotten to do it. The point is that even someone who has flown their drone over a hundred miles with no accidents can have one if they fail to attach the props correctly.
2017-9-9
Use props
Austevik Dronef
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

GrangerFX Posted at 2017-9-9 09:51
Having just done this myself, I suspect the majority of these kind of crashes are due to a prop not being properly attached. I was throttling up to take off for my drone flight of the eclipse but instead of taking off, the drone flipped upside down in the dirt. Lucky it never got off the ground since there was no damage. I always, and I mean always, check that each prop is property attached by making sure it turns only slightly. This time, I was so excited about the eclipse I must have forgotten to do it. The point is that even someone who has flown their drone over a hundred miles with no accidents can have one if they fail to attach the props correctly.

Im pretty positive that was the case here too. And to further increase my suspicion. My friend was putting on the prpppellers. First time... and I know I checked the proppellers if they were thightened enough. Well, I know I checked at least 3 of them. Not 100% about checking the last one...
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules