DJI drones seen on ABC Nightline tonight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

As stated, "drones are assisting in critical rescue operations."

It was good to see such a positive use of drones being demonstrated, showing their value and usefulness in several applications.

I will post a proper video link, later when it becomes available online.

http://abc.go.com/shows/nightline

RedHotPoker
2017-9-7
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Always good to hear some positive news!
2017-9-8
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Yep, I recently helped police find a suspect who was running from them.  Can cover a lot more ground from above .
2017-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Barney2k Posted at 2017-9-8 04:07
Always good to hear some positive news!

Yes, but when you see this video, you'll be even more in respect of our drones.  
We are all fortunate to be here, not just the forum, but in this age of drones awakening. Still early.
I believe we have only seen the dawn of this drone era.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-8 04:59
Yep, I recently helped police find a suspect who was running from them.  Can cover a lot more ground from above .

Good job, glad that you were available to help, and get our side some good recognition.
That's positive for sure, but most police forces have access to a variety of drones, don't kid yourself.
If the police that you helped don't have one, they will most certainly be acquiring some now.  ;-)

Which drone were you flying that day?

RedHotPoker
2017-9-8
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-8 09:42
Good job, glad that you were available to help, and get our side some good recognition.
That's positive for sure, but most police forces have access to a variety of drones, don't kid yourself.
If the police that you helped don't have one, they will most certainly be acquiring some now.  ;-)

P4  He had attempted to break in a house about a quarter mile away. I spotted him running behind other houses.
2017-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-8 10:50
P4  He had attempted to break in a house about a quarter mile away. I spotted him running behind other houses.

Ok, well good news, you've made drone detective rank! ;-)

Hopefully that's a promotion and not a demotion? Haha

Talk about timing is everything? You were there, with drone in hand, when it mattered.

I wish we could have a whole thread full of good deeds and positive drone uses by our members.
There must be dozens of others, with reinforcing experiences...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-8 10:50

Wow, you always make me surprised. Here is the coffee, maybe it's time to tell your story.
2017-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-8 20:14
Wow, you always make me surprised. Here is the coffee, maybe it's time to tell your story.

Heck, I want to see the video. Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules