2462 17 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>
United States

This how the RAW files are (sometimes) appearing in Cinelight.  I am using the Olympus lens and these were shot at night without a filter on the OSMO handle with the X5R.  Can anyone explain this?
osmo.jpeg
osmo.jpeg
2017-9-8
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

I can only think of 4 things that would cause this:

1. A fault in your sensor
2. Your white balance was set manually or way off.
3.  Some kind of filter over the lens.
4.  Really weird lighting.

I would start by checking the camera setting, maybe to a factory reset.  make sure the FW is up to date.
2017-9-8
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like whacked white balance to me.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

How about the footage in SD card? Are they normal? And what about the DNG picture?
If this issue only occurs in RAW files, please upload several original footage from SSD to Dropbox, we will forward to our engineers for analysis, thanks.
2017-9-9
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-9 23:14
How about the footage in SD card? Are they normal? And what about the DNG picture?
If this issue only occurs in RAW files, please upload several original footage from SSD to Dropbox, we will forward to our engineers for analysis, thanks.

This only happens with the X5R camera when connected to the OSMO.  It does not happen with the X5R connected to the Inspire 1.  The SD card video is normal.  The SSD data is normal once moved out of Cinelight.  The main problem is I have no ability to alter the DNG files in Cinelight prior to extracting from the SSD card.  
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

David Bartenfie Posted at 2017-9-12 14:25
This only happens with the X5R camera when connected to the OSMO.  It does not happen with the X5R connected to the Inspire 1.  The SD card video is normal.  The SSD data is normal once moved out of Cinelight.  The main problem is I have no ability to alter the DNG files in Cinelight prior to extracting from the SSD card.

That's pretty weird, have you ever tried to reinstall Cinelight or change another computer?
2017-9-12
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-9-8 14:06
I can only think of 4 things that would cause this:

1. A fault in your sensor

It can't be the sensor because it performs perfectly with the Inspire.  I use an ND filter without this result with the Inspire.  The lighting was usual.  Remember also, when I take the video out of cinelight there is no apparent problem with the capture.  I will check the white balance on the osmo.  I will also try a factory reset of the osmo.  The only real problem is I cannot manipulate the osmo dng files captured with the osmo in cinelight.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Please keep us updated about the test result. We do would like to locate the problem with your assistance.
2017-9-14
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

David Bartenfie Posted at 2017-9-12 14:25

I would not rule out things just because they work on one unit and not the other.  

For a while i was buy DJI camera off eBay and sell them back (once i fix them), i stop this because they where a pain to fix.  I could test one camera on my osmo and it would work fine, then put it on the inspire and it would not, and the opsited way.

Now it most likely it just a white balance issue, i seen this happen a few times in my life, normally the pic look blue or red.  But i have seen the purple color.  I would go in and play with the white balance.  Try setting it to auto and remove the lens filter, and see what happens.  It should adjust near perfect.

if not then try adjusting the white balance  your self and see what you get.
2017-9-14
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-14 01:22
Please keep us updated about the test result. We do would like to locate the problem with your assistance.

I have reset the OSMO, I have set white balance to auto, I have reinstalled Cinelight - NO JOY.  The shots taken using the OSMO handle and X5R all have the color distortion in Cinelight.  Same camera on the Inspire works perfectly in Cinelight.  I cannot manipulate the OSMO X5R DNG's at all in Cinelight.  Same camera on the Inspire works perfectly.  I have also noticed that if I export the OSMO X5R DNG's in one of the Apple formats the color distortion follows to the export.  The only successful export of the X5R OSMO files is as DNG.

I find it difficult to believe I am the only user with this issue.  All of the firmware is current.  I am using the Olympus 12mm lens, no filters.  Please send this issue to your techs and advise.
2017-9-16
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I got this crash report earlier today randomly.
cinelight crash report.jpeg
2017-9-16
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

David Bartenfie Posted at 2017-9-16 14:02
I got this crash report earlier today randomly.

If I try to re-install the firmware the OSMO flashes red and green for a few seconds.  This is the result file.
mind.jpeg
2017-9-16
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

David Bartenfie Posted at 2017-9-16 14:13
If I try to re-install the firmware the OSMO flashes red and green for a few seconds.  This is the result file.

I am wondering whether I might try installing the Inspire 1 RAW firmware to the OSMO.
2017-9-16
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-9-14 03:33
I would not rule out things just because they work on one unit and not the other.  

For a while i was buy DJI camera off eBay and sell them back (once i fix them), i stop this because they where a pain to fix.  I could test one camera on my osmo and it would work fine, then put it on the inspire and it would not, and the opsited way.

I got no joy is what I got.
2017-9-16
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Resolved.

The problem was totally on your side with Cinelight.  I have installed the most recent version and the problem is gone.  Again... it is extremely difficult for me to believe I am the only user that experienced this issue.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

David Bartenfie Posted at 2017-9-17 14:45
Resolved.

The problem was totally on your side with Cinelight.  I have installed the most recent version and the problem is gone.  Again... it is extremely difficult for me to believe I am the only user that experienced this issue.

It's good to know the problem got sorted out. This will help other users who encounter the same problem in the future.
Please keep us updated if there is any further question.
2017-9-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Resolved.

Good to hear!
2017-9-21
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Resolved.

Nice job following up so we know  in the future what solved the issue.  So often members solve issues but never come back to the Post to update what happened.  

Thanks again for the update, it help all members.

donnie
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules