Australian repair support
4163 18 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Milton D Monste
lvl.1
Australia

Can someone please let me know how to start a repair/warranty case in Australia? Cant seem to find a link on the website. Keeps saying region not supported. Have a battery failed after only 8 charge cycles. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
2017-9-8
Use props
Dougb 9
lvl.1
Australia

This is the # from their website: 1300 090 802. They are only open from 0900 to 1700 (5 PM) Monday to Friday. Best of luck- I tried to ring them at precisely 0900 and waited on the phone for an hour and a half on hold and ended up hanging up. I eventually got on to them through live chat and they arranged postage to return the AC to Melbourne - took 3 weeks to get it back.I have bought a Mavic 1 month ago and still have not flow it. It has been back for repairs for a faulty Gimbal Controller Board, (so they told me). Received a new AC on Friday 8 Sep 17 and it also has problems - no video to the phone and I cannot access the camera settings. My next call will be to the ACCC.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I suggest sending an email to support@dji.com for a further help.
2017-9-8
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You can't contact them direct for a repair as you won't have a case number or the required form. You need to contact support at DJI and get a case opened. They will email you the form you need to fill out to send in with your drone and the address to send it to. But you must have that case number.
2017-9-8
Use props
Milton D Monste
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks for the help guys. Will try the E-mail route, have heard too many stories of language barriers with phone service for DJI.
2017-9-9
Use props
OzzieVyper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5148 ft
Australia

After just a week and flying it for 15min mine developed a critical fault, can't do a compass calibration or imu calibration and oh fails gimbal calibration. Crazy.
2017-9-10
Use props
Mavic_South_Oz
lvl.2
Australia

Dougb 9 Posted at 2017-9-8 12:41
This is the # from their website: 1300 090 802. They are only open from 0900 to 1700 (5 PM) Monday to Friday. Best of luck- I tried to ring them at precisely 0900 and waited on the phone for an hour and a half on hold and ended up hanging up. I eventually got on to them through live chat and they arranged postage to return the AC to Melbourne - took 3 weeks to get it back.I have bought a Mavic 1 month ago and still have not flow it. It has been back for repairs for a faulty Gimbal Controller Board, (so they told me). Received a new AC on Friday 8 Sep 17 and it also has problems - no video to the phone and I cannot access the camera settings. My next call will be to the ACCC.

Doug, don't want to state the obvious (if you knew this), but did you re-pair the new AC to the controller ?
I had a gimbal malfunction too and returned AC for repair, was replaced with another new AC, most likely refurbished, just re-paired and flying again.
2017-9-10
Use props
chub1962
lvl.2
Flight distance : 644915 ft
Australia

Milton, I logged my case on Friday via online support.  https://repair.dji.com/EchatRobo ... BOT/echat?pro=mavic
The chat process took about 15min. Just have your proof of purchase and serial number handy.

regards,
Carl.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

OzzieVyper Posted at 2017-9-10 00:49
After just a week and flying it for 15min mine developed a critical fault, can't do a compass calibration or imu calibration and oh fails gimbal calibration. Crazy.

Did you crash the drone? Is there any error message when you calibrate the compass, IMU and gimbal?
2017-9-10
Use props
OzzieVyper
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-10 23:15
Did you crash the drone? Is there any error message when you calibrate the compass, IMU and gimbal?

No I didn't crash it or drop it. I flew outside for 15min and then tried to located some features in the app like follow me and other things via the flight sim. The following morning went outside and it said to calibrate the gimbal and compass. Both failed with some main board error. After speaking to dji and organising postage the email sent had my address as incorrect. I'm still waiting to hear from dji. The other thing if any Aussie users read this , is it best to insure the mavic the case of loss or is it covered.
2017-9-16
Use props
OzzieVyper
lvl.2
Australia

UMI fails, Gimbal fails to calibrate 75% of the time, and compass doesn't calibrate.
2017-9-16
Use props
OzzieVyper
lvl.2
Australia

UMI fails, Gimbal fails to calibrate 75% of the time, and compass doesn't calibrate.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

OzzieVyper Posted at 2017-9-16 02:10

OzzieVyper,is your mavic the latest version? You can change a device and calibrate it again. If it fails again, please try to update your mavic by DJI Assistant 2. Keep us updated, thanks.
2017-9-16
Use props
OzzieVyper
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-16 02:26
OzzieVyper,is your mavic the latest version? You can change a device and calibrate it again. If it fails again, please try to update your mavic by DJI Assistant 2. Keep us updated, thanks.

I did an update, factory restore and it didn't help. It's off for repair tomorrow. I got the shipping label but it had my address as incorrect so I'm having to sort that out also. I not sure how that go messed up as I was on the live chat. I can't wait to ge tit fixed cause I'm missing out on so much. I hope I just got a lemon cause I wanna get a spark also sometime but feeling hesitant.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

OzzieVyper Posted at 2017-9-17 00:22
I did an update, factory restore and it didn't help. It's off for repair tomorrow. I got the shipping label but it had my address as incorrect so I'm having to sort that out also. I not sure how that go messed up as I was on the live chat. I can't wait to ge tit fixed cause I'm missing out on so much. I hope I just got a lemon cause I wanna get a spark also sometime but feeling hesitant.

Sorry for unpleasant feeling. Did you correct the address?
Please feel free to ask for help if you still had problems unsolved.
You can learn more about spark through our forum and official website to make decision. Thanks for your support.
2017-9-17
Use props
OzzieVyper
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-17 23:09
Sorry for unpleasant feeling. Did you correct the address?
Please feel free to ask for help if you still had problems unsolved.
You can learn more about spark through our forum and official website to make decision. Thanks for your support.

Finally in transit.. I'm keenly interest in what is found that caused the failure.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OzzieVyper Posted at 2017-9-20 00:25
Finally in transit.. I'm keenly interest in what is found that caused the failure.

OK, local repair team will take good care of it when it arrives, please let us know if your need further assistance.
2017-9-20
Use props
simonsteez
New
Australia

My first experience was great. Had it back within a week.

Not the second time. It has still not even been registered as arrived at their repair center after over a week, even though AUSPOST has delivered it.

I needed my drone back in a week to shoot overseas and was sure based on my first fast turn around that it would be fixed quickly. I have rang and been on the online chat without any real answer to what is the hold up. Completely at a lose. I have even offered to pay whatever it takes to get the drone fixed ASAP.

Super bummed out. I shoot travel photography and was going to be shooting in the desert for a week. Now i am stuffed.

Si.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

simonsteez Posted at 2017-10-11 23:25
My first experience was great. Had it back within a week.

Not the second time. It has still not even been registered as arrived at their repair center after over a week, even though AUSPOST has delivered it.

Simon, have responded your post in another thread. Please keep us updated there, thank you.
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules