Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Neewer vs PolarPro ND filters
10647 13 2017-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Udit
lvl.1
United States

I am considering to buy ND filters for my P3S. I saw some old posts regarding Neewer and PolarPro filters however I could not find which are better over other. I am curious as the ND filter pack from Neewer costs only $21.99 wherease the PolarPro ones cost $49.99. Are Neewer bad or are the PolarPro just overpriced?
2017-9-9
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

I bought the "cheaper" filters for $20 and get great results filming in 4K.  I can't say if the more expensive ones have better quality glass, or better UV rating or something.  Sometimes brant name is all it takes to up the price.
2017-9-9
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Neewer is a Chinese company while PolarPro is I think located in the US. The only main difference I've seen is Neewer uses plastic housing for the class while PolarPro uses metal. There may be a quality in glass difference but I don't think it would be noticeable. PolarPro has indeed marked up prices ever since they became very profitable with nd filters.
2017-9-9
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

I use the Neewer brand on my P4P and have absolutely no complaints. In fact I think they are great.
2017-9-9
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I have Neewer .... happy with them, in fact mine are the push on for the P3S ... and they fit the P3P just as well ...

Nigel
2017-9-9
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

I have the Neewer filters, mine have metal housings! Came in a pack of 4 with a 2 ended cleaning brush and the fitting for the P3S with a nice partitioned material 'purse'.
2017-9-10
Use props
PolarProSupport
lvl.2

United States

Hi Udit,

Our filters are the most effective on the market in terms of light transmission and refractive index, which essentially means they let light through in a very natural, undistorted way. This provides an overall boost in image quality as compared to the other filters out there, in particular if you're using one of our Cinema Series filters, and we're popular with a lot of professionals for this reason.

Along with the higher-quality glass, our filters and also come with a lifetime warranty and great support service, and those are the other big reasons we see people return to us. That said, cost is definitely an important factor so it's good to see you're shopping around and doing some research before buying. If you have any questions about the specifics of our filters, please feel free to message me directly.

- Oliver from PolarPro
2017-9-11
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-9 09:44
I bought the "cheaper" filters for $20 and get great results filming in 4K.  I can't say if the more expensive ones have better quality glass, or better UV rating or something.  Sometimes brant name is all it takes to up the price.

Same here.
2017-9-11
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I firmly believe that majority of people are not knowledgeable enough about various forms of photography, filters as one. Like everyone - I appreciate a professionals results, but no matter how I try - I never approach such results. That I believe applies yo the majority.

If a brand of filters are for example 20% less than another - I don't think I could tell difference ... but I can tell difference in price .... AND I am not saying my cheaper filters are less performance than others .... as I understand it - Neewer have good reputation .... I know when I was looking for filters - I was pointed in Neewer direction by those far better at photography than I will ever be.

Nigel
2017-9-11
Use props
I love Drones
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Neewer is great polarpro is just overprice they talk too much like above message from their sales representative without backing with any proof or document infact in one of the group i see their sales respresentative said THEY MAKE ABSOLUTE best & when the guy ask him if they have something to backed that he change statement & said ONLY TO BEST OF HIS KNOWLEDGE which is very limited only to themself.
2017-9-12
Use props
djiuser_7SJCSSv
Banned

Vietnam

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-18
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

I have a set of Neewer pop-on filters-- CPL, ND, UV and lens cap/gimbal lock-- for P3S. They work fine.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

You can always do a search to see what is advised on either. Sometimes cheaper is fine.
2017-9-18
Use props
Charlie Phantoms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102703 ft
United States

PolarProSupport Posted at 2017-9-11 12:41
Hi Udit,

Our filters are the most effective on the market in terms of light transmission and refractive index, which essentially means they let light through in a very natural, undistorted way. This provides an overall boost in image quality as compared to the other filters out there, in particular if you're using one of our Cinema Series filters, and we're popular with a lot of professionals for this reason.

I use the Neewer ND filters on my Phantom 4 Advanced and Mavic Air. Quality optical glass and Aluminum Alloy frames.  No need to buy over priced., over hyped PolarPro.
2019-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules