Phantom 3 Professional Crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb6b2ab5
New
United States

I'm trying not to be to upset but cant help it.  I was flying today taking pictures of a friends hose and over the water.  Theere was a small powerline I was past but way away from it with the drone but I was satnding 40 feet from the base of it.  Dont know if this was the issue. Drone was fine and in a hover and all of a sudden it was rotating like crazy not just in yaw but ocilating meaning jusy not yawing like you were holding in left stick. It didnt stop and then moved about 200 feet up the lake stoped and all this time rotaing like crazy.  Then it came over land not moving to fast hit a tree then for a brief second stopped rotating and looked like it was coming back to me.  Then went crazy again and hit the final tree at 15 feet and came down. props broken, frame crazed a little etc.  Dont know if the power line cable was just a coinsidense as I have been around them before without issue??  One weird thing a few weeks ago was I was in a hover and the motores sped up for a brief second??  I thought it was compensating for the wind but was this a precursor to this crash???  Do the motore spin up for wind as this never happened before.  First off again just sick to my stomach does anyone have any ideas????   Does DJI gouge you on anything or are they fair?
Machine is over 2 years old and about 150 flights without issue.   Are these worth fixing or is there a percentage point where it's not worth it??   Never was it stored in a hot place, battery still had plenty of juice, all up to date and always maintained!!!
Please give advice if you guys can I cant even focus right now.
Thank you,
Bob

2017-9-9
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Calm down, it isn't like the end of the world, lol.  Just send it to DJI repair.  They will quote a repair price, and if it's too much, then it may be time for a new or refurbished one.
If anybody flies, it's gonna happen.  Just a matter of time  Why don't you post the flight log for everybody to take a look at ?
2017-9-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

As stated, please post your flight LOG and we can have a look, into the flight details.
www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload

Post the link once you have it. Thanks

Had you done any calibrations recently? Like the compass for instance...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hey Bob,

Machine was two years old?  I'd say you did good (as Regis would say).  

Sometimes weird things happen in the old machines like tiny invisible cracks on the board due to a combination of temp fluctuations and age.   I wouldn't be too upset about it.  You did a lot better than most.  Or it might be something else.  Maybe it was a motor?  Either way, you got your money's worth.  

Two years and 150 flights?  Two years is really good.  A lot of guys don't make it two days.  And yeah, I would see about repairing it, but I'd try to do it myself if it was me.  It's kinda fun.  Kinda.

Meanwhile I'd get another AC as well.  Take your time.  No reason to stress yourself out.  Try to fix the first one while the weather's bad.  Fly the second one while in repair mode and the weather's good.  

Good luck.

2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the crash, agree with ALABAMA,  I would recommend you contact the Support, then send the drone in for diagnosis and repair, here is a link for your reference.  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-9
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

if your handy with electronics,buy parts and repair it yourself.thats what i would do ,keep it flying,
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules