Just did firmware update - my experience
2375 34 2017-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

After reading all the horror stories I've been running my GO4 in version 4.05 and intending to stay on it. Then recently I've had a couple of app disconnects while the bird has been a long ways away, and it would not reconnect. One time I had to use RTH and the other I eventually spotted it and was able to bring it in. Talked to another P4 owner I know and he upgraded his to the latest version, and has flown it without issues so decided to take the plunge, especially after reading that some others had issues with 4.05
The app on my Samsung tablet did not want to update, so I  just removed it and just downloaded the new app. Then I decided to use the DJI assistant rather than GO to upgrade, so downloaded the new DJI assistant app to my desktop and started the upgrade. After downloading it started the upgrade, then stuck at 88% and would not move. Just before it stuck I heard the USB disconnect-connect sound several times and remembered that the Dell desktop I have has often done that with it's flaky USB ports. After waiting another 10 minutes and it not moving off 88% I powered off the P4, downloaded the assistant to my lenovo laptop and tried it again. This time the assistant said my firmware was up to date, but I chose refresh and it redownloaded the new firmware, and the upgrade went without a hitch this time.

Then it took me several times rebooting the tablet and powering off the RC before the RC would update, but it eventually did.

After this I took it out and did a short flight around the yard, after a couple of recalibrates for the gimbal because it got stuck in side position once, it seemed to fly perfectly fine. Did not have to log in past the initial one time and other than that was good.

The new tripod mode seems pretty neat, but was disappointed to see the terrain follow is not part of the Phantom 4 options. I would have thought it would be, since it used the bottom facing sensors.   
2017-9-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Terrain follow is available on the P4, when in intelligent flight mode and looking at list of what's available try dragging list left or right. I've tested terrain follow on my P4 with latest builds.
2017-9-9
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-9 15:46
Terrain follow is available on the P4, when in intelligent flight mode and looking at list of what's available try dragging list left or right. I've tested terrain follow on my P4 with latest builds.

ah, I never thought perhaps it was off the screen - very glad to hear that.  I like to do a lot of close to ground proximity flying so it'll be nice.  From what I read though it only works on when going uphill.
2017-9-9
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

Okay, I got time to take it for a longer flight today, and all is not as rosy as I was hoping it would be - definitely there are some issues.

I was flying over an open field about 20' high, got about 300' out and started getting weak signal errors, then temporarily lost connection and gimbal went to the side so white LG arm was showing.  I flew the battery out and this happened several times. Sometimes I got out 500 meters with no issues, then other times not even out 100 meters. Gimbal did the side thing several times, even after stopping and re-calibrating it, it usually eventually fixed itself, but this has never happened before.

Another issue is it either went into what I think was ATTI mode while still showing GPS mode.  At first I thought it just went into Sport Mode but was finding it very hard to go in a straight line with a bit of a breeze blowing. The app thought it was still in GPS mode as it said it was and I could still access the intelligent flying modes, but it was most definitely not in GPS mode.  I did some high speed zipping around and also noticed that it was not position holding very well at all.

Now I'm wondering if I should downgrade, it's still flyable and I didn't notice the erratic wobbly flying others report, but I sure don't feel comfortable flying it out any distance the way it is.  

Also tried the terrain follow, seemed to work but was reporting errors every few feet, but that could have been because I was flying across winrows of swathed grain and that was confusing the sensors.

I'l leaving on a 3 day trip tomorrow and taking it with, so I may try recalibrating the IMU tonight & try again tomorrow..
2017-9-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cameracollector Posted at 2017-9-11 18:55
Okay, I got time to take it for a longer flight today, and all is not as rosy as I was hoping it would be - definitely there are some issues.

I was flying over an open field about 20' high, got about 300' out and started getting weak signal errors, then temporarily lost connection and gimbal went to the side so white LG arm was showing.  I flew the battery out and this happened several times. Sometimes I got out 500 meters with no issues, then other times not even out 100 meters. Gimbal did the side thing several times, even after stopping and re-calibrating it, it usually eventually fixed itself, but this has never happened before.

"then temporarily lost connection and gimbal went to the side so white LG arm was showing."

That is a known issue to DJI in this build when recording 4K @ 30 fps. Try another resolution or request a copy of the beta 02.00.0300 from DJI Thor or DJI Susan, that seems to fix it ( until next official release comes out).

Sounds like you might need a compass calibration as well ( switching to ATTI mode, as compass disagreeing with GPS).

2017-9-11
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-11 19:23
"then temporarily lost connection and gimbal went to the side so white LG arm was showing."

Yes, found out about the 4k/30 bug - is it with all the 4K modes or just that one? Don't really want to switch to 1080p unless I really have to.  I'll try the 4k/24 and see how that works.

recalibrated the IMU and VPS sensors tonight, next flight out will also do the compass and see what happens..

Asked DJI Susan if I could get the beta, waiting to hear back.

thanks
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cameracollector Posted at 2017-9-11 21:23
Yes, found out about the 4k/30 bug - is it with all the 4K modes or just that one? Don't really want to switch to 1080p unless I really have to.  I'll try the 4k/24 and see how that works.

recalibrated the IMU and VPS sensors tonight, next flight out will also do the compass and see what happens..

Well received your message in PM. I have forwarded to the designated team to add you in. Please check later.
2017-9-12
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

Well, recalibrated the IMU again, VSP and compass. Tried another flight and it still seems to be going in either ATTI or sport mode when it says its in P mode. Because it seems to hold position ok when staying still but doesn't want to fly in a straight line very well it's almost like in behaving like its in a bit of both. It most definitely is not in P mode just the way it moves around.  Switched the video mode to 1080 60 and the gimbal issue went away. Today I may try 4K 24p and see what happens.  

Wish the flight modes would behave though.
2017-9-14
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-12 00:33
Well received your message in PM. I have forwarded to the designated team to add you in. Please check later.

Thanks Susan - I see the 2.00.0300 version on the DJI assistant now.  

I updated the P4 with it and the camera gimbal issue seems to be good now, but the mode seems to be still either stuck in sport or atti modes. When in sport or P mode is always says GPS mode on the app, and it flies like it's in sport mode all the time, except when I switch to atti mode it behaves like its in atti mode. I took some video of it and will post a link as soon as it uploads.

update, video link is , you can see the modes in order, P mode, S mode and atti mode.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cameracollector Posted at 2017-9-14 06:18
Thanks Susan - I see the 2.00.0300 version on the DJI assistant now.  

I updated the P4 with it and the camera gimbal issue seems to be good now, but the mode seems to be still either stuck in sport or atti modes. When in sport or P mode is always says GPS mode on the app, and it flies like it's in sport mode all the time, except when I switch to atti mode it behaves like its in atti mode. I took some video of it and will post a link as soon as it uploads.

The beta firmware is only available to fix the camera issue. Our engineers are still trying to solve the flight stability. We will keep follow up.
2017-9-15
Use props
Fire nerd
lvl.1
United States

Will this also fix the problem with descending? Also my p4 seems to switch in and out of limp mode (flys at 5 mph). This is severely affecting my work and need a fix asap.
2017-9-15
Use props
Fire nerd
lvl.1
United States

Dji Susan?
2017-9-15
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Forget it, it is over. You just got the first admission of a problem that has been released. "Our engineers are still trying to solve the flight stability. " Be happy and downgrade!
2017-9-15
Use props
Raphael24
New

Philippines

cameracollector Posted at 2017-9-11 21:23

how to download .0300?
2017-10-30
Use props
Raphael24
New

Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-15 02:59
The beta firmware is only available to fix the camera issue. Our engineers are still trying to solve the flight stability. We will keep follow up.

how to download .0300?
2017-10-30
Use props
Raphael24
New

Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-15 02:59

DJI Susan? plssss help. how can I download v02.00.0300? T.T
2017-10-30
Use props
RaphaelP4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17083 ft
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-12 00:33

Where can I find the .0300 beta firmware? T.T HELP!!!
2017-10-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I used Active Track today and the camera suddenly went limp and lost the subject it was tracking.  Then it took off to wherever looking for the subject to lock back onto, but it was long gone off the screen to find it.

This is ridiculous for this sort of faulty firmware to remain available for download.  All current stuff with GO and P4, no betas here.  Now it's asking for a IMU Calibration which has been done and compass too.

2017-10-30
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-10-30 09:09
I used Active Track today and the camera suddenly went limp and lost the subject it was tracking.  Then it took off to wherever looking for the subject to lock back onto, but it was long gone off the screen to find it.

This is ridiculous for this sort of faulty firmware to remain available for download.  All current stuff with GO and P4, no betas here.  Now it's asking for a IMU Calibration which has been done and compass too.

I had an incident last week with the camera gimbal suddenly going limp, this was the second time it has happened to me. The first was before the firmware upgrade and happened when the app lost all contact with the aircraft. This last time the connection to the aircraft was not lost.
2017-10-30
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

RaphaelP4 Posted at 2017-10-30 04:16

RaphaelP4, send PM to DJI Susan to add you in to access the beta, don't forget to type your dji login account.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

RaphaelP4 Posted at 2017-10-30 04:16

Just to make sure I am on the same page, your drone is a Phantom 4, right? What is wrong with your drone? Please provide me with your DJI Account email so I can add the beta to your account.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fire nerd Posted at 2017-9-15 04:59
Will this also fix the problem with descending? Also my p4 seems to switch in and out of limp mode (flys at 5 mph). This is severely affecting my work and need a fix asap.

The latest beta firmware is trying to fix the wobble issue. Please tell me your DJI Account, I'll help you get it. Any feedback will be appreciated.

BTW, please click the reply button under my reply, so that I can handle it timely. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-10-30 09:09

I'm sorry to read your unpleasant experience. Does the issue occur in every flight? Could you upload a short video for better assistance?
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cameracollector Posted at 2017-10-30 15:43
I had an incident last week with the camera gimbal suddenly going limp, this was the second time it has happened to me. The first was before the firmware upgrade and happened when the app lost all contact with the aircraft. This last time the connection to the aircraft was not lost.

Sorry about this. Please start a case and send it in for fully diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-10-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-30 23:29
I'm sorry to read your unpleasant experience. Does the issue occur in every flight? Could you upload a short video for better assistance?

The video was lost when the camera went limp.  Guess it couldn't put an ending to the clip so it didn't record right.  It recorded later flights and images, but the camera didn't go limp either.

Something odd happens when it goes limp when in Active Track where it searches for the missing subject again if the camera recovers and it  wanders about searching.  I think mine went for a bush as the Active Tracking subject instead of me when it restarted.  Guess it thinks I'm fat like a bush or something.
2017-10-31
Use props
RaphaelP4
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-30 20:08
Just to make sure I am on the same page, your drone is a Phantom 4, right? What is wrong with your drone? Please provide me with your DJI Account email so I can add the beta to your account.

i can't pm you. there's an error pop up.

btw this is my email of my DJI account

92raphael24@gmail.com

i have the same problem with them of my P4.

thank you DJI Diana

2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-10-31 06:54
The video was lost when the camera went limp.  Guess it couldn't put an ending to the clip so it didn't record right.  It recorded later flights and images, but the camera didn't go limp either.

Something odd happens when it goes limp when in Active Track where it searches for the missing subject again if the camera recovers and it  wanders about searching.  I think mine went for a bush as the Active Tracking subject instead of me when it restarted.  Guess it thinks I'm fat like a bush or something.

Noted with thanks! Please kindly offer your DJI account, I'd like to help you get the latest beta to try again.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RaphaelP4 Posted at 2017-10-31 17:47
i can't pm you. there's an error pop up.

Well received. I'll help you get the latest beta and have a try. Any feedback will be appreciated.
2017-11-1
Use props
RaphaelP4
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-1 01:02
Well received. I'll help you get the latest beta and have a try. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Hi, DJI Susan. Where can I get the beta firmware? Thank you for the reply i appreciate it
2017-11-1
Use props
RaphaelP4
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-1 01:02

92raphael24@gmail.com

i have the same problem with them of my P4.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

RaphaelP4 Posted at 2017-11-1 02:36

Raphael, download the DJI Assistant 2 on your PC, then log into your DJI account, then connect your P4 to your PC, refresh the firmware list on the DJI Assistant 2, you'll see the beta firmware.
2017-11-1
Use props
RaphaelP4
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-1 23:09
Raphael, download the DJI Assistant 2 on your PC, then log into your DJI account, then connect your P4 to your PC, refresh the firmware list on the DJI Assistant 2, you'll see the beta firmware.

https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/file:///C:/Users/reil/Pictures/p1.png

can't see the beta firmware i already refresh the firmware T.T
2017-11-2
Use props
RaphaelP4
lvl.1
Philippines

CAn't see the beta firmware T.T
p1.png
2017-11-2
Use props
RaphaelP4
lvl.1
Philippines

2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

RaphaelP4 Posted at 2017-11-2 01:43

Please allow me some time to double check it, will keep you updated.
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules