Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikolay Atanaso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hello,

I recently found a problem when I'm trying to fly in waypoints mode using the max available horizontal speed of 36km/h (10m/s). I have used DJIGO waypoints many times without any troubles but never needed the copter to fly at the maximum speed so far.

The problem is that at more than 24km/h the copter start to swing wery badly on it's pitch and roll axes, that behaviour continues with slight progress toward getting worse and it looks if not stopped soon the craft will flip over itself after a while. When I switch to PGPS mode the copter flies smooth as knife in butter, no swing or shake. It's very fast (70km/h) and is very stable in flight. So it's maybe something up with the DJIGO software? But I tried the same in Litchi and absolutelly the same problem appears there too, just at a little higher speeds than DJIGO. In LItchi I can do 36km/h without a problem but more than that produces the same bad effect on stability. In Litchi the max available waypoint speed was 56km/h, at that speed the craft definitelly was looking that it will destroy itself if left it to do that for a while.

I'm wondering is that a known issue or it's related to my craft only, have anyone heard anything about this problem? I have searched around the forums but didn't found something similar to be reported. Also posted in inspirepilots.com but I didn't get any responce there.

I have tried to tweak the gains but that didn't helped to resolve the issue. The only thing that helped a bit to reduce the swinging effect with maybe 10-20% was that I've lowered the "brake" settings from the default 100 to 80 (the lowest possible was 70).

The copter is Inspire 1 v2 RAW with CF props, the same was happening with the original plastic props as well, so this is not related so much to the type of prop I think. Or maybe I'm missing something?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
2017-9-10
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

How long ago did you try the plastic props?
2017-9-10
Use props
Nikolay Atanaso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-10 01:27
How long ago did you try the plastic props?

Hello, thanks for the reply!
It was about a year ago. On a mission with Litchi I've tried to fast forward to the next waypoint then the same thing have happened but then I though it's a Litchi problem and didn't pushed the craft anymore. At that time I was with plastic props. But around a month or more ago I've needed to program a mission with max possible speed and then I saw the same flying problem. I'm flying with CF props from about 2-3 months without any problem so far.
If I program the mission to a slow cruise speed of let say 10kmh and in mid flight I push forward with the right stick to make the craft moving faster toward the next waypoint then absolutely the same thing happens, the craft start swinging badly on pitch and roll axes.
2017-9-10
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

Nikolay Atanaso Posted at 2017-9-10 04:07
Hello, thanks for the reply!
It was about a year ago. On a mission with Litchi I've tried to fast forward to the next waypoint then the same thing have happened but then I though it's a Litchi problem and didn't pushed the craft anymore. At that time I was with plastic props. But around a month or more ago I've needed to program a mission with max possible speed and then I saw the same flying problem. I'm flying with CF props from about 2-3 months without any problem so far.
If I program the mission to a slow cruise speed of let say 10kmh and in mid flight I push forward with the right stick to make the craft moving faster toward the next waypoint then absolutely the same thing happens, the craft start swinging badly on pitch and roll axes.

Hmmmn... I have never seen this but I have never flown full speed on waypoints. We are experiencing 60 - 70km/h winds this week but when the weather improves, I will try this with my I1 and report back to you.
Are you using these waypoints for filming the cars?

Mark G.
2017-9-10
Use props
Nikolay Atanaso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I'm using the waypoints for shooting hyperlapses. I need the craft to go at max speed to the first way point and then start shooting an moving slowly. Currently I'm doing it manually, flying at max speed toward the first waypoint and then upload and start the mission.
In litchi my plan was going to the first waypoint as well returning to be set at max speed to get more time for the shooting.
2017-9-12
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

Nikolay Atanaso Posted at 2017-9-12 07:24
I'm using the waypoints for shooting hyperlapses. I need the craft to go at max speed to the first way point and then start shooting an moving slowly. Currently I'm doing it manually, flying at max speed toward the first waypoint and then upload and start the mission.
In litchi my plan was going to the first waypoint as well returning to be set at max speed to get more time for the shooting.

Have you tried adjusting the "Maximum Location Accuracy" settings? If set too high, it could be trying to correct itself too much when at top speed.

Mark G.
2017-9-12
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-12 08:10
Have you tried adjusting the "Maximum Location Accuracy" settings? If set too high, it could be trying to correct itself too much when at top speed.

Mark G.

What have you got it set to at the moment?
2017-9-12
Use props
Nikolay Atanaso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Thanks for the suggestion!
The max accuracy is at default, never changed it but will do a test.
2017-9-12
Use props
Nikolay Atanaso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Tomorrow I'll do some tests.
In Litchi the max accuracy is set to 15m but in djigo I can't find such a setting. Any idea what is the corresponding one in djigo?
2017-9-15
Use props
Nikolay Atanaso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

In Litchi help it's stated that max location accuracy is effecting only Follow mode and is looking for the device's GPS location.
So this setting will not affect the waypoints mode.

So I'm back from where I started.
Can somebody test and confirm that djigo or litchi are smoothly doing waypoints missions on the max available speed?
2017-9-15
Use props
fansdd8f666d
New
Flight distance : 271585 ft
Honduras

Hello Nikolai,
I have the same issue. Did you figure out what caused it?
2019-7-26
Use props
Steve_lyt
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I would suspect that if you try and manual  controls when its flying a mission , it will try and get beck to the mission headings and settings
2020-2-19
Use props
Steve_lyt
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I would guess that if the drone is on a waypoint mission and you start to mess about with the done , it is trying to get back on route hence , the unstable flight?
2020-2-19
Use props
Steve_lyt
lvl.1
United Kingdom

if you want it to get to the start point quicker, set a dummy point 1 , start recording at point 2 , stop recording at the last but 1 , and the last point near the landing zone
2020-2-19
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Steve_lyt Posted at 2-19 12:10
I would guess that if the drone is on a waypoint mission and you start to mess about with the done , it is trying to get back on route hence , the unstable flight?

I was not messing up with the drone, it was a programed flight and the drone wasn't flying stable at max speed of 54km.

Anywa that's very old thread and it was obviously a litchi problem as with the lates versions the drone was flying smooth at max speed.
2020-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules