Would calibrating the Inspire on its axis..?
1170 9 2015-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Karman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1972 ft
Canada

How do you dance with your bird?   ...Would calibrating the Inspire on its axis as per the manual make any difference to its flight performance? I have always held it just in front of me with two hands on the back prop arms and danced 360 - tilte it forward for the final pirouette to get the go ahead
2015-4-2
Use props
gds3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29646 ft
United States

I don't do the dance.  I just rotate in a tight circle and it works and I don't look silly!
2015-4-3
Use props
Karman
lvl.2
Canada

gds3d@comporium Posted at 2015-4-3 21:45
I don't do the dance.  I just rotate in a tight circle and it works and I don't look silly!

So you rotate in a tight circle for a reason? apart from not wanting look silly the manual says rotate on its axis, I ask the question because of all the toilet bowl effect issues other users are having, whilst this is GPS related it is equally related as it is the Inspires compass.
2015-4-3
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Karman Posted at 2015-4-4 08:40
So you rotate in a tight circle for a reason? apart from not wanting look silly  the manual says ...

I dance with mine and even do a low guttural chant as part of the ritual. ;) This ritual seems to appease the gods of flight and they grant me trouble free passage to the sky.
2015-4-3
Use props
Karman
lvl.2
Canada

Inspire Axis

Inspire Axis

Inspire Axis

Inspire Axis
I contacted Live Chat and asked about NOT calibrating the Inspire on its axis as per the manual effecting its performance and the awnsew is NO so you can calibrate any way you wish, I do think this was a valid question to ask
2015-4-3
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Karman Posted at 2015-4-4 09:36
I contacted Live Chat and asked about NOT calibrating the Inspire on its axis as per the manual eff ...

Absolutely valid... I was not sure either when I first got it... I was advised that the dance was just as good as the method shown...
2015-4-3
Use props
Karman
lvl.2
Canada

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-4 08:54
I dance with mine and even do a low guttural chant as part of the ritual. ;) This ritual seems to a ...

Ultimately this is what us Inspire pilots are wanting a safe flight!!! so setting up/check list via the DJI manual should be followed... Kind of {:2_31:}

Great response Mark also great avatar - a flying pig, mountain goat can't make out the image at the bottom???  
2015-4-3
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have read that even a belt buckle can effect the calibration process... so I empty my pockets and make sure there is nothing around to throw off calibration... Thanks that is me painting the moon for my kids...I added the inspire when she became part of the family...
Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 9.08.03 PM.png
2015-4-3
Use props
Karman
lvl.2
Canada

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-4 10:16
I have read that even a belt buckle can effect the calibration process... so I empty my pockets and  ...

Likewise I thought the Zipper on my jacket could affect the calibration, I also read a checklist here that they put their IPad into airplane mode which is something I never thought of.

Painting the moon for your kids brilliant!
2015-4-3
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-4 08:54
I dance with mine and even do a low guttural chant as part of the ritual. ;) This ritual seems to a ...

I am a dancer too but I still get the compass gps drop out issue. I have even tried wearing a sequined shirt and shaking maracas but no joy.
Mark I'd be grateful if you could post the chant so that I can try it.

2015-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules