961 8 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilotSmith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know why but every time I use the takeoff button in DJI Go it takes off and keeps going up and does not stop
2017-9-10
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Make sure before you swipe to the right to take off that you haven't accidentally clicked the precision landing option box.  This option will cause the aircraft to rise to about 16 feet before hovering.
2017-9-10
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

it will usually keep going up and up until 16-30 feet it varies depending on how happy the Visual Positioning System is.    basically trying to get a lock on what to look for when its landing again so it will precisely land exactly where it took off from.   
2017-9-10
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

There are at least a couple of possibilities, one of which is that you just need to calibrate the controller. The other is that VPS isn't working correctly and continuously thinks your Mavic is still close to the ground, which could be a result of some kind of obstruction (e.g., dirt) in a downward sensor or interference from an attachment (e.g., from an attached tracking device or landing gear extensions). If removing debris or an attachment doesn't help you can try recalibrating VPS, but if even that doesn't work you may need to send it to DJI.

In any case, if you upload the TXT file from the flight where this occurred to PhantomHelp using these instructions and post a link to it here I'll probably be able to tell you which of these (controller or VPS) is the likely culprit.
2017-9-10
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-9-10 10:39
There are at least a couple of possibilities, one of which is that you just need to calibrate the controller. The other is that VPS isn't working correctly and continuously thinks your Mavic is still close to the ground, which could be a result of some kind of obstruction (e.g., dirt) in a downward sensor or interference from an attachment (e.g., from an attached tracking device or landing gear extensions). If removing debris or an attachment doesn't help you can try recalibrating VPS, but if even that doesn't work you may need to send it to DJI.

In any case, if you upload the TXT file from the flight where this occurred to PhantomHelp using these instructions and post a link to it here I'll probably be able to tell you which of these (controller or VPS) is the likely culprit.

in my experience with VPS obstructions it will not keep raising up. it actually raises up only to normal height for GPS only take off..like no precision landing..  i mean maybe a partial obstruction could trigger it to keep going up..  

to the OP, try turning VPS off in settings see if the mavic keeps rising up at take off..intheory it should stop after a few feet..
2017-9-10
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-9-10 11:16
in my experience with VPS obstructions it will not keep raising up. it actually raises up only to normal height for GPS only take off..like no precision landing..  i mean maybe a partial obstruction could trigger it to keep going up..  

to the OP, try turning VPS off in settings see if the mavic keeps rising up at take off..intheory it should stop after a few feet..

Specifically what experience are you referring to? VPS is what it uses to determine how high off the ground it is on takeoff, and if it's getting a reading that indicates it's still close to the ground it will continue ascending. You're relatively new to the forum so perhaps you haven't seen the threads from people who experienced this problem before, but it definitely can occur.
2017-9-10
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

A friend of mine forgot to remove a "remove before flight" sensor protection. His MP kept going higher and higher. Because of the fact the downward sensor don't work like they should i takes very long to get the MP back on the ground. So check the downwards sensors if they are not blocked or dirty.
2017-9-10
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-9-10 11:19
Specifically what experience are you referring to? VPS is what it uses to determine how high off the ground it is on takeoff, and if it's getting a reading that indicates it's still close to the ground it will continue ascending. You're relatively new to the forum so perhaps you haven't seen the threads from people who experienced this problem before, but it definitely can occur.

i have obstructed my VPS with 3D printed clips and holders i'm working on for a project mounting a flir thermal camera.  . it seems to notice that vps is entirely obstructed or blocked and just raises up 4 feet and stops and the VPS icon in bottom of the app shows downfiring icon being crossed out.. so maybe again it's a partial obstruction triggering avoidance.  

also about me being newer, could be the case however i'm one of the very few that are completely willing to risk the safety of their drone and themselves testing stuff out.  not many experienced people here with 3D printers making clips and mounts for a thermal imaging camera solution or IR based night vision.  im working on figuring out how to not only record but also stream it back in real time. as well.  i have my ideas and theories, needs more fine tuning and practice.      
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Aircraft takes off and hovers at 1.2 meters above ground if a user uses Auto takeoff. Please try to calibrate your VPS system and test again, if the issue persists, please report your case to the support team and start a data analysis. We will help to look at it. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules