Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bob Marley's New Bird w/ 1st TORNADO AFTERMATH Video !!!
22400 298 2015-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

dennis@aerialpe Posted at 2015-4-15 02:22
do you blog from your moms basement ?.

I love your new avatar   I bet it goes viral !!!

Bob
2015-4-14
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Chris Con Posted at 2015-4-15 09:39
So what was the outcome of all this?   How much did the 180 power supply decrease charing time?

To be honest I don't know yet. I could give you theory but that wouldn't help much. As until I receive some bits I can not test and post the results. However I don't think a reduction of 25% would be an unreasonable expectation. I know the math doesn't add up but that's what I would put down on a sweep stake.
Now what I can say for sure is that if I had to charge say six power packs up. I could do that with one power source in the same time it would take to charge one power pack/ battery for relatively little outlay and far far cheaper and more efficiently than buying multiple DJI power sources.
The six million dollar question at the moment is what power source should we try?  I believe the sweet spot is 800-1000watts with both 12 and 24v outputs. We could just grab an off the shelf unit however they tend to be costly and wouldn't be as much fun. However using power supplies used on servers might just do the trick and tick all the right boxes including including APFC.

The DJI supplied power supply does the job and is a neat little package. It offers a nice portable solution to charging up a pack. You can even run it via a 12v inverter from a car battery. However it's not a charging station replacement.

The post seems to be getting back on track now so I will post some more info up when I can. Now if anyone has any polite sensible suggestions on power supplies we could use please shout them out. Then some of us will chuck it all together and see what happens. All in the interest in helping our fellow men and in striving to improve.
2015-4-14
Use props
Propslinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19633 ft
  • >>>
United States

Legend in your own mind..
2015-4-15
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Propslinger Posted at 2015-4-16 01:13
Legend in your own mind..

lol, funny propslinger

Bob "Mr Nice Guy" Marley
2015-4-15
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

That's a shame I popped over to see if we was getting anywhere with the power supplies

Caution  + & - = -
2015-4-15
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-4-16 02:01
That's a shame I popped over to see if we was getting anywhere with the power supplies

Caution   ...

If you have questions, then post them on the blog, I will answer.
I have been in a "holding pattern" til the new firmware pops (and it has today).

I have also been out flying "Bob Marley's New Bird",  and got some amazing footage on my very first flight!

Love this thing !!!

Bob
2015-4-15
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Can't you exchange email addresses and insult in private. This is very immature and boring.  Anyway a sensible constructive  contributor to this forum has posted this on YouTube.
http://youtu.be/oHEa4Y6XGVw
Well done Genettico I will subscribe to your channel for updates..
2015-4-15
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this over yet? Off to the BLOG.
2015-4-15
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-4-17 20:58
Head over HERE to get better information without all the garbage from the OP. Genettico knows whats  ...

You sure the hell don't -

I'm building a 1200w DIY 4 pack charge box with 2 ports for the radios and 4 usb for tablets and phones, (for under 300 usd)
and my first ever inspire vid just went up as well -

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=593963

Bob "Nice Pooch" Marley

2015-4-17
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-18 07:14

If all of you stopped fighting and did not answer his posts ,this forum would be amazing .He is just sucking you in ,he loves it .You are feeding him .If he sticks to good info that would clean this all up .I hate to see this happening ,we have enough  dealing with tech support .
2015-4-17
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bob, I just checked out your video. I am commenting here because like you I hate the forums and don't want to enroll into another... I only came to this forum to try to learn a bit about something that is new to me which is flying... Seems this forum is just a place for spreading fear and misinformation. I have a feeling there is a large portion of the population whose sole purpose for being on this forum is to poo poo anything DJI... Way to many trolls... Anyway thanks for posting your first real flight. Getting past the initial nerves is the hardest part. Moving forward should be a blast. I noticed you had it in FPV mode.... that is why the horizon was tilting when the bird was leaning into the wind... try switching to follow mode and you may be happier with the results. Did you get to try out the cinemisers?
2015-4-17
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-18 08:38
Bob, I just checked out your video. I am commenting here because like you I hate the forums and don' ...

Hey Mark, waiting for the mini to mini cables, (none local, I guess they don't sell tablets).

I used fpv mode so I was sure that I was looking at what was in front of me, didn't know any better on my first flight.

Bob

ps - most peeps already have a username at rcg
2015-4-17
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-18 08:38
Bob, I just checked out your video. I am commenting here because like you I hate the forums and don' ...

On the whole this is a good forum of people trying to help each other .They have helped me .Please do not judge all of us by a few people who like to wind each other up. Yes there has been huge DJI problems for some of us .Each bird is different .The forum helps us all solve problems as there is limited tech support .
2015-4-17
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-18 07:14

All BS aside that is just devastating to see. WOW. Mother nature is nothing to mess with. Reminds me of my time in college in Houston. My coaches neighborhood got hit by a tornado. One side of the street was perfect, the other side was just total devastation. I hope everyone was ok. Are they blocking people from entering, other than utilities, homeowners, etc?
2015-4-17
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

yes, it was terrible - last sat was the first day they let the residents back in.
Only other access is via heli, plane, Inspire -
This was only 15 minutes from my home, im going back tomorrow, and every 2 weeks. im going to film a documentary throughout the next 8 months of the town shaking it off and rebuilding itself.
Looking at the footage, I can't even imagine it happening to my family -

Heck, if you guys are gonna start acting civil, I'll bring the vid over here too -

Bob -
2015-4-17
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

mtnred@gmail.co Posted at 2015-4-18 07:33
If all of you stopped fighting and did not answer his posts ,this forum would be amazing .He is jus ...

How about a truce?
Haven't we all looked like knuckleheads for long enough?

Here is the link to my first ever inspire video clip.

The vid is straight from the sd card, (no post or cutting), I wanted potential clients  to see the capabilities of the I1. It was windy solid 20-22mph and I was flying alone. I recruited a couple of spotters, and had a monocular if needed anticipating the dreaded compass errors/gps drop out -
I had to drag the clip thru windows movie maker (to get a watermark on it) which killed the quality after an upload to Vimeo, (I have the OE clip in 4k though -

I was nervous, but sucked it up and went for it anyways, (I would have died losing the bird on the 1st flight, who wouldn't) -
There was only one day I could get this exact footage, and I went for it -

The main thing I learned was panning (by yawing the I1) was not good,
(I have since learned how to use the bottom buttons to switch between pan & tilt).

The quality of my skills on this 1st try are so-so (at best), but the subject matter is outstanding.
Make sure to use the pause button every so often, (to have a good look around) -

Bob

2015-4-17
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-18 10:51
How about a truce?

Done deal!
2015-4-17
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Yep - happy to let bygones be bygones and keep the forum positive for all.
2015-4-17
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-4-18 11:10
Yep - happy to let bygones be bygones and keep the forum positive for all.

Fair enough -

It's amazing how looking at that video really puts things in perspective -

Bob
2015-4-17
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-18 11:12
Fair enough -

It's amazing how looking at that video really puts things in perspective -

Its unreal...makes us realize how small we really are compared to mother nature. Just looks like toothpicks laying there. So very sad to say the least.
2015-4-17
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

All I've been asking for is civility from the beginning. But we have been at loggerheads from the start. The insults need to stop. I will admit my indiscretions and apologize for them, I wonder who will join me?
2015-4-17
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-18 10:45
im going to film a documentary throughout the next 8 months of the town shaking it off and rebuilding itself.

This would be a perfect thing to have waypoints for.  Could follow the same path and grab stills over the course of the 8 months.  Talk about a cool and inspirational time lapse. I am sure you can get it in the ballpark though and edit with PS if you have to move them around.
2015-4-17
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-4-18 12:35
This would be a perfect thing to have waypoints for.  Could follow the same path and grab stills ov ...

Tru dat .... but I will just fly out to the same point each time, then press return home, (and film on the way home) til that feature becomes available in May,.............................. (2017) - lol
I'll do that over several different starting points, then work my way home.
(there's prolly other tricks I'm sure).

This town will bounce back and when it's rebuilt, I will make sure every home gets a free copy -

Bob
2015-4-17
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-4-15 04:40
You patronizing ~~~~~~r . If you have no technical information to offer please waste someone else s ...

Once again we have a small person with a big attitude going off. Enough is enough. I find it interesting how people can say anything or insult anyone on a forum simply because they aren't face to face. The whole you patronizing ~~~~~~~r thing is girly. Must you really swear after using the largest word in your vocabulary? It loses its effect. Please try again to be civilized.
2015-4-17
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-18 12:47
Tru dat .... but I will just fly out to the same point each time, then press return home, (and fil ...

That's a great idea Bob and wish you all the best in getting this done. Its a large first step you took for sure. Pretty pictures and amazing video footage are great to see but sometimes a humble reality check is required. Ive certainly received that today seeing your footage and the Inspire one being used in this way.

Being a single pilot isn't easy as there are a zillion things to think about whilst trying to control the heart rate but you did it
2015-4-18
Use props
averbouwens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-18 10:51
How about a truce?

Like!  Please let us all see the videos in the months to come.
Thanks
2015-4-18
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

As you can see I've done the same. Thanks
2015-4-18
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Ive deleted my posts and offer peace and apologies  
2015-4-18
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-4-19 01:22
Ive deleted my posts and offer peace and apologies

An old saying by my base commander after two guys got in a fight in the barracks and were both seriously injured when they fell between three flights of stairs. The entire Company was marched into the parade square at 2 am in minus 40c temp.
The only thing he said and I quote was.
You don't have to like each other but you must learn to get along.... company diiiismissed!
2015-4-18
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

The vid is straight from the sd card, (no post or cutting), I wanted potential clients  to see the capabilities of the I1. It was windy solid 20-22mph and I was flying alone. I recruited a couple of spotters, and had a monocular if needed anticipating the dreaded compass errors/gps drop out -
I had to drag the clip thru windows movie maker (to get a watermark on it) which killed the quality after an upload to Vimeo, (I have the OE clip in 4k though -

I was nervous, but sucked it up and went for it anyways, (I would have died losing the bird on the 1st flight, who wouldn't) -
There was only one day I could get this exact footage, and I went for it -

The main thing I learned was panning (by yawing the I1) was not good,
(I have since learned how to use the bottom buttons to switch between pan & tilt).

The quality of my skills on this 1st try are so-so (at best), but the subject matter is outstanding.
Make sure to use the pause button every so often, (to have a good look around) -

Bob
2015-4-18
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-19 01:41

The vid is straight from the sd card, (no pos ...

Bob I watched that yesterday and thought about the people who's lives were changed in a second or two.
The flying quality was unimportant, it was the content that mattered. There will always be room for improvement.
I was in Boston a few years back and there was a town heading towards Northampton that had a tornado carve a path through it. Living in BC we don't get that type of thing so it was a real eye opener to see the destruction first hand. We do however get forest fires that are totally devastating, charred earth and very little left to clean up.
2015-4-18
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So glad all of you are all fine with each other .You all have some great skills and we can all learn from you .By the way if any of you can help me with my problem and I would be very grateful . http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=12509
2015-4-18
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

mtnred@gmail.co Posted at 2015-4-19 04:11
By the way if any of you can help me with my problem and I would be very grateful  ...

That's called Karma brother, you reap what you sow - lol

My update of course went smooth as Buttah -

Bob
2015-4-18
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-19 06:02
That's called Karma brother, you reap what you sow - lol

My update of course went smooth as Butta ...

Am I your next target ?
2015-4-18
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

I wonder if I could cut the cord on my DJI power supply and attach it to my Hi-Tech brand lipo battery charger. It's been a great charger and it's never even gotten warm charging my other 4s batteries. I've seen in the menus that it can charge 6s batteries. I think even more. But I'd have to check to see how many amps it could deliver. If it could work, those chargers cost less than the DJI ones.
2015-4-19
Use props
Alex4891
lvl.1

United States

Awesome post, very interesting read regarding the battery and power distribution between the charger and it. Wish they had a better yet that had more juice with less charge time. Oh and popcorn, lol
2015-4-19
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Inspire1flyer Posted at 2015-4-20 13:59
I wonder if I could cut the cord on my DJI power supply and attach it to my Hi-Tech brand lipo battery charger. ...

Why would you cut the cord off of your power supply, and attach it to your charger?
(now you will have two chargers and zero power supplies)

Bob
2015-4-19
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Inspire1flyer Posted at 2015-4-20 13:59
I wonder if I could cut the cord on my DJI power supply and attach it to my Hi-Tech brand lipo batte ...

Don't do that. Get yourself A Inspire 1 Remote Controller Cable Kit   Spare Part NO 34

Dont forget its a power supply you require NOT a charger.
2015-4-20
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

The hi-tech is a combo power supply and charger. I don't know if it would work or not. I was only pondering the possibility that it might based on my low experience that it can charge at least 6s batteries., according to the menu and I have charged large mah 4s batteries and it barely breaks a sweat
2015-4-20
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

Ok thanks rock eyes. I must have missed that. From what your saying the inspire batteries do not require a charger to charge them, only a power supply?  Is that correct? So each battery must have the charging intelligence built in to them?
2015-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules