Ground Station Pro.... Thoughts
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

I just downloaded the software but saw a disturbing lack of stars on the app.  

It also seams that I can't turn on or off the camera unless it's planned.  

Does it capture the flight data to... to sync up with DJI?

Overall thoughts... comments...

Thanks folks

2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GS Pro is only available for IOS devices for now. The flight data will be saved in the aircraft. We will contact you if we need these data. No worries.

Connecting with the drone, you can have a try in line of sight.
2017-9-11
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-11 20:25
GS Pro is only available for IOS devices for now. The flight data will be saved in the aircraft. We will contact you if we need these data. No worries.

Connecting with the drone, you can have a try in line of sight.

So I flew with GS Pro last night... Here are my thoughts.
1. I was able to set up a fence and the aircraft did exactly as expected  
2. I was able to fly a mission to map out a small section.  
3. It did NOT log my flight.  This is a bummer.  I am very OCD about my flights and this is a pain for me.  I like to know EXACTLY how my flights went, my distance, my battery performance.  I keep VERY meticulous records.  I really dislike that a DJI app, won't sync with DJI.  How am I supposed to verify my flight hours if the app I use for work won't track it?    Grrrrrrrrrrr
4.  I don't see how to integrate the pictures it took with other software to generate the maps.  I am sure this is just a noob issue, but I didn't see it in the manuals and the app didn't seem to be intuitive on it either.  

Overall... I love the features so I will use it, and I will have to track manually to verify hours, (I don't think I can get distance ).  
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-12 05:14
So I flew with GS Pro last night... Here are my thoughts.
1. I was able to set up a fence and the aircraft did exactly as expected  
2. I was able to fly a mission to map out a small section.  

The flight records will not be saved when use GS Pro. I understand your concern, and this request has been forwarded to engineers for review.
2017-9-13
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-13 00:35
The flight records will not be saved when use GS Pro. I understand your concern, and this request has been forwarded to engineers for review.

I appreciate it.  I realize that you are helpless... but I really do appreciate the time you take to forward the thought.  (yet another thumbs up to the cool Mods)
2017-9-13
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

GS Pro is a great app for the price ( Free ) it has slowly been developing new features .
It depends on what type of mission you select as to how much control you have over the camera.
GS Pro does not record flight logs like the Go App does . It's one of those annoying things we keep asking DJI to fix on the WISH  list of features.
Wish list :
Numbered way points
More than 99 way points
Flight logs
Manual take off with ability to start mission once in the air.
2017-9-13
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-9-13 14:08
GS Pro is a great app for the price ( Free ) it has slowly been developing new features .
It depends on what type of mission you select as to how much control you have over the camera.
GS Pro does not record flight logs like the Go App does . It's one of those annoying things we keep asking DJI to fix on the WISH  list of features.

Yeah.... exactly.... I have been very hesitant to try a 3rd party product.... but....
2017-9-14
Use props
fansd2f085b1
lvl.1
Australia

HI, I am a fine art photographer. I am trying to use ground station pro to produce high resolution wide angle shots at a legal height. I use photoshop to stitch the shots together. I have done this very successfully with Maps Made Easy's Map Pilot but with the new IOS it stopped working properly. My DJI supplier recommended Ground Station Pro but when I fly my mission with it I do not have  Nadir (90 degree straight down) photos so the images do not stitch properly. I have your app set to -90 degrees which should produce the kind of photos I am after.

I have uploaded  photos to show you what I am getting from my P4P. I am using latest dji firmware and ios on ipad mini 4. As you can see the picture shot with Ground Station Pro is looking forward. Even the elements at the bottom of the frame are looking forward at the approaching front face of everything in frame. If I was at nadir only the middle of the frame should be looking straight down with the top of the frame looking at the approaching front face of objects and the bottom of the frame looking at the receding rear face of objects.

This is an example of a shot using Ground Station Pro:

Here is an example of a properly positioned shot using Map Pilot:

2018-1-9
Use props
fansd2f085b1
lvl.1
Australia

fansd2f085b1 Posted at 2018-1-9 16:27
HI, I am a fine art photographer. I am trying to use ground station pro to produce high resolution wide angle shots at a legal height. I use photoshop to stitch the shots together. I have done this very successfully with Maps Made Easy's Map Pilot but with the new IOS it stopped working properly. My DJI supplier recommended Ground Station Pro but when I fly my mission with it I do not have  Nadir (90 degree straight down) photos so the images do not stitch properly. I have your app set to -90 degrees which should produce the kind of photos I am after.

I have uploaded  photos to show you what I am getting from my P4P. I am using latest dji firmware and ios on ipad mini 4. As you can see the picture shot with Ground Station Pro is looking forward. Even the elements at the bottom of the frame are looking forward at the approaching front face of everything in frame. If I was at nadir only the middle of the frame should be looking straight down with the top of the frame looking at the approaching front face of objects and the bottom of the frame looking at the receding rear face of objects.

I solved this problem with a vision system re-calibration. Everything worked well in my last test!
2018-1-9
Use props
fansd2f085b1
lvl.1
Australia

(I posted much of this by mistake in the accessories page - my apologies for double posting)

Hi I have a couple of questions that I'd love answers for if possible.

1. Can GS Pro do multi battery missions with my P4P ? If so does it automatically drop a returnbable waypoint when the battery is low and then return home? How do I recommence the mission?
2. When I try and take photos at "capture at equal distance interval" (which seems to be the default) I get a notice that the software does not support this mode. Why is that? Am I safe using "equal time interval" even in wind? Might the wind change its speed or will the 4P4 compensate for that?
2018-1-9
Use props
Thinkpic
lvl.1
Australia

Sorry but I have one more question. I cant see how I can get to the camera view as is documented on page 17 of the manual. When I touch the window it toggles down to nothing or up to a thumbnail that resides in the right hand bottom corner of my ipad. I am looking to get it to come up to full screen where I can change aperture, speed iso etc.

Now that it is working for me after my re-calibration it is a great product. Thanks

Thanks
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules